1st Scar

The Scars On Him
Please log in to read the full chapter

 “Someone moved next door,” Sandeul says.

 “Mhm…” Gongchan replies. He takes a sip of his juice then starts eating his breakfast. Sandeul messes with his chopsticks.

“I met him. He looks lost. Slow in a way.”

Gongchan stops chewing on his food the swallows it loudly. “Maybe he is lost. Anybody sane enough would’ve never bought that house.”

“Why would someone lost move into a house that everyone ignores? If he was lost wouldn’t he look for a house in the city so why would he choose that house?” Sandeul asks.

“It’s simple,” Gongchan replies. “He doesn’t want to be found.”

Sandeul rolls his eyes. Gongchan picks up his plate then walks towards the sink. He stares out the small window while he washes the plate. A person comes into his view. The thin slender body carries headphones with one hand and a stack of papers in the other.

Gongchan’s eyes remain on the male. A sudden gust of wind blows Gongchan’s fringe in front of his eyes, abstracting his view. When he unveils his eyes he notices the male is running around. His headphones now rest on the ground while the papers fly around.

“Gongchan?” Sandeul calls out to him after hearing the door bang shut.

Gongchan grabs a few sheets of paper then chases after a few more. He stops when he sees a pair of shoes below him. He slowly stands up. He reaches his hand out to give the blonde male the paper he caught only seconds ago. The guy bows his head then starts walking away.

“I’m Gongchan, you neighbor. You met my friend Sandeul earlier.”

The male turns around. He lets out a loud sigh.

“I’m Jinyoung.” He turns around and starts heading towards his house.

Without saying anything else Jinyoung enters his housing leaving a confused Gongchan. Gongchan walks back into the house. Sandeul stares at him when he walks in.

“Why did you dash out all of a sudden?” Sandeul asks him.

“I just met the new neighbor.”

“He’s unique isn’t he?” Sandeul laughs.

“Yeah,” Gongchan laughs. “Seems like the one man wolf pack kind of guy.”

--------

“Are you saying you’re not going to be able to finish your half of the work?” Gongchan speaks into the phone. He remains silent as he listens. He bites his thin bottom lip. “Ok… Next time… Next time don’t ask me to be your partner.”

He hangs up the phone. Gongchan reclines back on the patio chair. His eyes close as he looks up at the clear blue sky. He begins to hear chopping noises, but tries to ignore them. They seem to get louder so he opens one eye. He hears something clank loudly then runs towards the fence near Jinyoung’s house and climbs it. Gongchan looks over the fence and examines the back yard.

“What are you doing?” Gongchan hears someone ask.

His eyes shift below him. He had look straight ahead from the fence instead of down. Jinyoung’s hands are gripping onto a blade and a hatchet. The sight of them gives Gongchan the chills.

Jinyoung raises one hand, the one with the blade. Gongchan takes a step back. He almost slips, but

Please log in to read the full chapter