The Knight

The Knight and the Fairy; a medieval story [Hiatus]

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a knight who went by the name of "Bang", in honour of the sound his opponents mae, without fail, as they hit the ground, meeting defeat at the end of his lance or sword.

Brave as few, Sir Bang found himself hailed throughout the land, winning every tourney, and offered every price.

In fat, it is at just such a time of rewards we aquaint our hero.

 


 

Bang Yongguk felt uncomfortable.
Very uncomfortable.

The source of said discomfort standing before him in the shape of a beautiful, willing maiden, coyly waiving her hand at him, and twirling her hair around a finger, while her father stood before him, telling him what a price his daughter was and how excellent she would be as his wife.

Bang felt his guts swirl at the idea, and not in a pleasant way.

See, there was one hitch in the hopeful father's way:

Bang Yongguk was queer.

 


 

"Let me see-"

"But it's my turn-"

"No, it's not. You just had your turn-"

"But I wanna see-"

"I'm older, so I decide, and it's my turn. Stop pushing-"

"You stop, it's my turn!"

The sudden opening of the door interrupted the whispers of the scoffling pair, as they were pushed to the floor, landing heavily on their bums.

Two pairs of blinking eyes met the lord's for a few moments before the man stormed off, pulling his crying daughter behind him.

"What are you two doing?" Bang's voice rumbled down at the pair.

Without sparing a second thought to their tangled legs, the two boys made for quite the spectacle, as both tried to get up, each pushing at the other first, thinking second.

Bang was struggling to hold back a smile by the time his pages stood before him, heads bowed in shame.

"Junhong, don't you have a pair of stirrups to clean? And Jongup, I seem to recall leaving you with my boots. Are they all neat and clean already?" Yongguk reprimanded them lightheartedly.

Blushing at being caught, the boys nodded and shuffled off with a quick "Sorry, Sir."

Bang shook his head, letting go of a hearty laugh as they vanished around a corner.

 


 

Meanwhile, a pair of minstrels found themselves the un(?)willing audience of a chatty, apparently unfortunate, lord.

The man had entered mere moments ago, crying out for ale, and already he was drunk, crying out his misfortunes to any man willing(?) to listen.

He'd been robbed, he said. Robbed, he cried! By the most beautiful creature on earth, a man (no less!) so beautiful he couldn't possibly be of the common man.

"Oh, for the love of all good," a tired patron groaned into his drink, "next thing you know, he'll be claiming he saw a fairy!"

Quiet as the discontent man had been, the drunkard caught onto his words, and suddenly declared loudly "A fairy! Yes, the man must have been of the fey folk, for sure!"

No one noticed the pair of colourful cloaks sneaking out the back, pockets unusually bulky.

 

 

A/N

Oooops, so... I DIDN'T publish this last time. Well, whaddaya know. ^^'
Please don't throw rocks at me.

On the bright side, I've got two more chapters coming up! :D
On the downside, I'm sort of leaving the country, so I've no idea whether I'll be able to post anything more than that until late August... Oh, well. We'll see. ^-^

 

Oh, boy. When did I start up three stories? Oh boy... XP Well, I do still have the writer's itch for all of them, so no worries! It'll turn out. ^_^