~ C H A P T E R 1 ~

m o o n l i g h t ☾

o r i e n t a t i o n

I stare at the clock that hung on the wall across the giant gymnasium. It has been over twenty-five minutes since I’ve arrived to meet my orientee. I’m growing impatient, and am about to storm out and leave when a tall boy who has a beautiful baby face taps me on the shoulder.

“Excuse me, but are you Kang Jungna?” His sweet voice caught my attention, and I just stared and stared. He was just sooo beautiful.

“Yes. You must be Luhan?” I say, with a cool voice, thank god.

“Uh huh. So...” He stares absentmindedly around, but he has already caught the attention of five girls, who are a casting evil glares at me now and then.

“Let’s begin by showing you to your classrooms, alright?” I just wanted to get out of here, and get this over with. No matter how charming this boy was, I could not risk being hated by the female population at our university.

“What’s your major? Oh and can I see your schedule?” I ask him, and he hands me a paper.

 

Mondays-Thursdays

1 Linguistics 101 (Lee, Soomin) B100

2 Choir 5B (Kong, Minha) C199

3 Dance, Pop (Jang, Leeha) C123

Fridays

1 Mathematics, Algebra 3 (Do, Baekho) A200

2 Linguistics, Major (Lee, Soomin) B100

3 Physical Education, Sports Swimming (Ahn, Nayoung) D100

 

“Linguistics?” I ask, stunned that this boy would major in such a serious and academic subject.

“What about it?” He asks, staring at me with those sparkling eyes.

“Nothing...” I mutter, turning towards the buildings. A silence begins, with him staring at the opposite direction.

“So, what do you major in, Jungna-ssi?”

“Uhm...” What should I say? “Architecture.” That was true, although my second major was in Music.

“Architecture? That’s cool.” We finally arrive at his first class, Linguistics.

“This is the B Building, and on the left, that glass building over there, that’s the A building, and the one on the right, the concrete one, that’s the C building. The D building is across from here, that marble building.” I ramble, wanting this horrid experience of jealous girls of throwing mean looks at me to end.

To make it worse, this Luhan kid decides to put his arm around my waist. He’s a stranger. A ? Who just puts their arm around your waist when you’ve just met?

Then he whispers into my hair, “I like you.”

“But you don’t have to be so touchy touchy.”

“Sorry.” He immediately drops his arms to his sides.

He’s not that bad.