Part 4

Coffee Shop Love

I get to work the next morning and my friend immediately attacks me.

“OMG you never texted me back last night! Did you text him? What did he say? What did YOU say?” She asks frantically, all in one breath.

I hand her my phone so she can read the messages for herself.  It’s not like there’s anything to hide.

Just then my friend squeals really loudly. “OH MY GOD YOU LUCKY ! HE THINKS YOU’RE CUTE AND ASKED YOU TO DINNER!!! WHY DO THINGS LIKE THIS NEVER HAPPEN TO ME!?!” She yells and I’m glad that we hadn’t opened yet because then she would be disturbing our customers. 

“He’s just a cute guy that happens to like me. It’s no big deal, I don’t get why you are so worked up about it.” I say and she immediate clams up.  “Ok, you’re being really weird about this” I say suspiciously as I take my phone back.  Right then it buzzes, signaling that I have a message.  I look and it’s from Changmin.

“Is that him?” My friend asks, plastering herself to my side so she can see the message too.

‘Good morning :) When do you get off work?’

I smile and I can tell that my friend is trying not to start squealing again.

‘3…why?’

‘Would you like to join me for dinner at 6? I’ll pick you up’

“SAY YES SAY YES SAY YESSSSSSS” My friend yells and I have to back away from her to avoid going deaf.

‘Sure…I’ll see you then…unless you come in for coffee that is…’

‘I can’t today :( I wish I could though’

‘That’s ok :) I’ll see you at 6 then’

‘Have a good day :D’

‘You too :)’

I put my phone away and look up to see my friend gaping at me. “Can I be you’re maid of honor when you marry him?” She asks only half teasing.

“Who says I’m going to marry him? And if you keep acting like this, you won’t be invited if we do” I say teasing her, earning a pout in return

“You’re so mean” She whines and I stick my tongue out at her as we then proceed to prepare the shop for customers. 

 “OMG, what am I going to wear?!” I exclaim.

“Don’t worry about that darling.  He’s only seen you in your work clothes and still asked you out.  Anything is an improvement from that,” My friend teases as she flips the sign to say ‘Open’. 

All I can think about is how 3Pm can’t come soon enough.