Is it?

I'm Lost

Thunder's POV

With her on the line and the conversation is taking so long, longer that i can imagine but still no use, she can't remember. Things around her changes without Jieun knowing .. there's something special about her .. only i would understand her true condition, and will always.

"Eo? S-sorry i was spacing out. Tonight? 7pm at the central park? I'll be there." A warm smile that's been inflicted just by hearing her voice beginning to turn into a frown one. Jieun being excited about him makes me a bit troubled, not a bit but really troubled.

After she hang up the call i was left staring blankly at the floor still clutching on my phone next to my ear. That conversation that's been repeated for ages .. the moment he congratulated her, back then. Seeing her happy makes me euphoric but thinking it wasn't me who's capable of it instantly makes me feel left in despair. The girl i could only look at couldn't look back at me and reciprocate the affection. How pathetic. 'Thunder' the symbol of furious but why am i the cloud who knows only how to weep, tears that no one would understand the meaning.

I quickly take a hold of the papers lying on the floor and finally remembers all the letters i used to write since i'm still a grade schooler for her, for Jieun. Letters that would tell how her soothing voice would brighten my day, her cry that would make me to be her knight and gaze that would only look at me saying i'm the most important person to her .. but all of that chances disappeared after that day, the day when she passed out .. years ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung's POV (happened to be a flashback)

Hours had already passed but i'm still in my long time reverie that gone real. The woman i love that i followed almost half of my life finally got to look and notice me. A puppy love that slowly grows into an unstoppable one but time really passed so quickly that i hardly recall the times from our childhood except from the three things that  crashed my heart back then. The moment went she forgotten about our time together, the time where i discovered her condition and lastly seeing her with another boy. I was about to give up ..

She needs me for i was the only one who could understand her true condition, back then. I was her memory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3rd POV

The weather's condition drives Jieun crazy and into a mental breakdown for she really loves the rain. No reason at all but she would rather walk on the street while raining than to do it with the fierce ball almost reigning the sky with its warm unbreakable embrace.

The day's almost over after remembering about the rendezvous she threaded her way to the bathroom to take a shower. Thinking things that bring her past that's unknown to her filled herself with jollliness.

"The day that i will know more about him. The day i could be his and him that could be mine."

As expected she wasn't late and as a matter of fact she's half an hour early at the call time. Time passed and there he is with his sullen face again .. as always. Being the delightful one Jieun still greeted him with a smile hoping to ease the tension that's building up in the atmosphere but things became weird as she realized the situation's kinda familiar.

He reached out for her hands but she quickly pulled her hands back.

"Stop, I'm engaged.", she cried out softly at him.

"Yes you were but not anymore. Jieun stop it, it's been 2 years since his death and we're doing this again and again every 3 mos! Jieun, aren't you tired of this? 8 times .. of weeping and 8 times of hoping. Let go of him!", Thunder couldn't contain his emotions any longer and then he blurted something, "Start being the real you and let go of the old Jieun."

"Start looking at me and not to him who's already gone now, jebal?"

 

Jieun's POV

Every word he uttered gives a sinking state to my heart. No Wooyoung. No safest place. No reason to smile and live for the day. Afraid to be alone, frightened without him and scared to let go the old 'me'. So the world hadn't gone mad, it was all in my head. Past that would stay to my present and present that I would regret in the future. Not gonna let go nor will I change, I'll live by his memory, cycle that would keep me closer to him even though time wouldn't let me, anymore. I may be lost in time but not in the real life, not in the real essence of love. I'm lost... I really am.

 

END.

-------------------------------------------

Done. Thanks for reading :)