Last Terms

Correct Usage of Korean Terms

So, this is going to be the final chapter^^ Thanks to everyone who gave their support~ If you have questions about any other terms, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my abilities^^ See ya~ (P.S.- I made some changes to the honorifics today, so please check it out~)

 

4) Omo  (어머)

I saw that many fanfic had this word in them, but didn't use them correctly. This term is actually a sound made by females when they are suprised. Most of the time, if not all, guys do not use this.

 

5) Aigo or Aigoo (아이고)

This is a weird term that's used to express a feeling. The reason why it is weird is because it can express all kind of feelings. It can be used to express sadness, frustration, happiness, a form mocking, etc. Therefore, when this term is used, you have to pay attention to the situation and the tone it is used with. Although the different tone is hard to express in writing, it would be a good idea to think about the situation.

 

Example:     Aigoo, why did you die? (Sadness)

                  Aigoo, did you made this mess?     Aigoo, he got a zero on his test again.   (Frustration)

                  Aigoo, you didn't have to buy this for me.         (Happiness)

                  Aigoo, you must be so tired from lifting that book.   (Mocking)

 

 

 

I hope everyone has enjoyed these few chapters and that they've been helpful to you^^