You should listen to what I say

You should listen to what I say
 

“How’s the weather down there?” Changhyun tells approaching Byunghun slowly, smug smile on his face and Byunghun stares at the kid, piercing glare, if it could kill, Yoo Changhyun would be dead by now, but sadly - mostly on Byunghun’s case - they don’t.

“You’re just one centimeter taller, shut up,” he replies and slams the door of the locker loudly, the student right next to him jolts and runs out of scene before anything can happen. “So, get down from your pedestal, they’re more like insoles anyway.”

“So funny,” Changhyun giggles and snatches Byunghun’s notebook out of his hands. “Can you get it?”

“Actually, I can.” Byunghun deadpans, shaking his head at how ridiculous Changhyun is, he throws a punch at the kid waving his belonging at his face, his notes are about to slip out of it and fly around the hall and he is not amused about the possibility of having to gather them all.

“What was that for?” Changhyun whines and rubs where he was hit, pouting while his bottom lip shakes slightly, Byunghun just rolls his eyes at Changhyun’s daily bull.

“Today’s dose of harm that I can physically cause to you, and I’m older,” Byunghun says pushing Changhyun out of the way with his tiny hands - his pretty pianist fingers and aside from looking fragile, they can cause damage, at least enough damage to someone like the bubbly and childish Changhyun. “Show respect, or I won’t be hitting your arm next time.”

“Don’t fight on the halls,” Chanhee, The Annoying Lee Chanhee who is the monitor and walks around the halls showing off his emblem, telling the kids what they shouldn’t do, trying to impress the principal and get all the possible benefits - the boy is unstoppable, but in another note, he’s a good person. “Or it’ll be my fault, just kill yourselves outside the school grounds.”

“I regret being friends with you,” Byunghun yanks the notebook from Changhyun’s hands and shoves it inside his bag, storming out of the place, brushing against Changhyun’s shoulders and almost knocking Chanhee down. “Hopefully I won’t see you later.”

“You’re still my friend, er.” Chanhee screams from where he is but Byunghun is too far to even care about what he just said.

“Go to class,” Chanhee says turning to stare at Changhyun, pushing him out of the way with a slight movement of his hand - even though he’s not blocking any passage. “You’re gonna be late and I’m not going to give you any pass.”

“Okay, bye.” he runs when he thinks about getting detention, again. Changhyun will swear until he dies that the cat invasion wasn’t his fault.

It’s always Byunghun’s.




“What the did you even do this time?” Chanhee curses when he sees Changhyun entering the detention class - he was hoping that nobody would come today and that he’d be able to go home earlier.

“Forgot the homework I didn’t do at home, for the second time this week.” Changhyun sets his backpack on top of the desk right in front of the main table and sits down, taking out a notebook and waiting for Chanhee to tell him whatever he needs to do today.

“It’s Monday.”

“Yeah, I know, that’s why.” Changhyun shrugs and stares at Chanhee with the most innocent look he can pull out of his ‘I’m cute forgive me I can be a good boy’ facial expressions - puppy eyes are the worse and Changhyun is a pro at them.

Chanhee sighs, it’s the nth time Changhyun appears here and he is getting annoyed at being hold back at school because of him. Someone knocks on the door while Chanhee is mentally making up ways of getting rid of the kid that is currently trying to stare into his soul, Byunghun doesn’t wait for his reply and enters the room like he owns the place.

“Not you too,” Chanhee whines and kicks the wall - almost by accident - and while he clutches at his foot, Byunghun walks past him and sits right beside Changhyun, who’s quietly staring into nothing.

“.” he mutters and Changhyun looks at him with even more pouty lips and cheeks inflated with air, an usual action of his and Byunghun wants to punch the expression off his face, cute is not going to work on him.

Never. Especially if it’s from Yoo Changhyun.

“What the heck did you do?” Chanhee questions through gritted teeth after recovering from the pain he caused himself. “Don’t tell me it is because of homework too.”

“No, I am an A+ student, the hell, I would never do that,” Byunghun scoffs and runs a hand through his hair. “Teacher said I should relax, so he kind of sent me to detention, I don’t see a point? I just have like, two hours of piano practice then violin right after.”

“Then you go home and do your homework?” Chanhee asks and sits in front of both boys, Byunghun scoffs again and rests his head on his crossed arms on the desk.

“Of course not,” Byunghun replies like it’s the most obvious thing ever. “I do them at class. They're all done already.”

“Ohh wow, I should do it too,” Changhyun exclaims staring at Byunghun with admiration. “Maybe I won’t come to detention this often if I do this.”

“No,” Byunghun tells him and hides his face between his hands. “It’s so freaking painful, don’t do it, just finish that crap at home, that’s why it is called homework. Just listen to what I say, at least this time.”

“Okay, hyung.” Changhyun mumbles and scribbles something on his notebook, Byunghun remains silent after hearing the fainthyung leaving the younger’s mouth - and so does Chanhee, but not forgetting to send Byunghun a mischievous smirk but the latter doesn’t see it anyway.





“How’s the weather today?” Changhyun says the very next day while greeting Byunghun with a tap on the back. “I can say that here is probably the same as it is for you.”

“Did you do your homework?” Byunghun asks Changhyun with an unamused face, lips pressed into a firm line, eyebags making him look tired as hell and deep sigh getting Changhyun a little worried over his senior’s health.

Changhyun is a genius.

“Hyung,” he sing songs and gets Byunghun’s full attention with the honorifics he’s using - totally out of his usual, maybe Changhyun is someone full of surprises. “Byunghun hyung, can you help me with my homework today?”

“I can try,” Byunghun replies turning his face, sheepish about the sudden niceness coming from Changhyun, actually, pretty unusual and he can’t say no, he just can’t. “After classes though.”

“Anytime you want,” Changhyun says closing the locker for Byunghun and patting him on his back once more. “Can we meet at the gates?”

“Sounds cool,” Byunghun releases his breath, still not looking at Changhyun, he’s afraid about which expression the boy has on his face right now, it may be the puppy one, and the puppy one is the real killer. “Deal.”

He leaves with quick footsteps and Changhyun stares at Byunghun’s back, determined smile on his face.

Changhyun has a plan.





“Why aren’t you bringing any notebooks with you?” Byunghun questions at the exact minute he nears Changhyun, hugging his own books tightly to his chest and raising a brow at the boy who asked for some particular tutoring but is now empty handed.

“I actually don’t need any kind of help, I thought you should relax like your teacher said and I decided that we should go out and get something good to eat-”

“I like meat.” Byunghun cuts Changhyun’s talking and earns a glare.

“I don’t have money for meat,” Changhyun says with an annoyed look that gets Byunghun laughing so hard that he almost lets his books fall to the dirty ground. “Hyung, I’m the one paying, so shut up and just follow me.”

“Wow brat, you’re the one who’s going to shu-” Changhyun shakes his head and takes Byunghun by the arm, the latter prays that he can make it until wherever Changhyun is taking him because well, he didn’t have the chance to put his belongings inside his bag.





“Strawberry parfait,” Byunghun breaths out shakily. “I hate you.”

“Why?” Changhyun asks worried, looking at the dessert in front of them and then back at Byunghun. “Chanhee hyung told me it’s your favorite.”

“It is my favorite,” Byunghun agrees but still looks kind of mad at everything. “I just don’t want to thank you for being so nice to me and I feel like I own you right now, and I don’t like the feeling of being in debt.”

“Just think of this as an act of my always kind and lovely personality, how I’m the one that respects his hyung a lot and just wants to see him happy and smiling.” Changhyun places his hands under his chin, blinking at Byunghun with an angelic smile on his lips and oh, Byunghun shoves the first spoon of the dessert into his mouth - mostly because he can’t wait to eat it, but also because he doesn’t know what he should reply to Changhyun’s words -, the sugary treat feels like heaven.





“Thank you, a lot, for doing this,” Byunghun says with his hands clasped together in front of him, he decided to just leave his stupid little pride aside for once and tell Changhyun that he’s actually really grateful about what the boy did for him today. “It means a lot to me.”

“We should do this more often,” Changhyun says smiling widely, arms swaying from side to side as he walks. “I wouldn’t mind, the food looks good.”

“You didn’t get anything.” Byunghun points out and fixes the strap of his backpack, his books are getting heavier but it’s not something he can’t handle.

“Details.” Changhyun waves his right hand and looks behind, waiting for Byunghun to catch up with his steps, he bumps shoulders with the elder and laughs.

“We can change that,” says Byunghun giving Changhyun a grin that reaches his eyes, turning them into pretty small crescents. “We can have everything in there.”

“Sure we can.”