Final

Reunited

I smiled as I saw their smiling faces on the screen. It's been two years but I still miss them and not once have I ever been in contact with them. I know that I let them down big time but I had to do what's right. I know that I was their leader and some of them looked up to me but I ended up disappointing them in the end when I decided to file the lawsuit. I stayed in China and never came back to Korea because I was afraid. I was scared of what will happen when I come back so I decided to stay. Plus my doctor said that I needed to rest because if I don't, my condition will get worse. While I stayed here, my mom looked after me until my health started to improve. She stayed with me while I watched fancams from Exo's first concert. I'm proud of them and not once have I ever stopped supporting them. I might've left but I'm still there for them. 

When a certain panda came on the screen, I smiled sadly and listened to his voice. I still remember reading posts about Tao crying while singing Miracles in December. I didn't believe it at first until some fan recorded it and posted it on Instagram. I can still feel my heart break at the memory and shook my head to stop the tears from falling. Zitao deserves someone who won't hurt him. My eyes blurred and I quickly wiped the tears away as I heard the door open. I paused the video on my phone and took my headphones off. 

"Yifan?" My new manager asked and I just smiled at him. He gave me a sympathetic look and pat my back before sitting down next to me. 

"Yes gege?" I replied. 

"They cancelled the film shooting today so you should go home and rest. Your mom called as well asking how you're doing so I told her you're fine. Because you are right?" he told me, worry lacing his voice. 

"I'm fine." I told him and stood up. My manager stood up as well and pat my back before walking out. He gestured me to follow him so I did. Last year I made my debut in the Chinese Entertainment industry after my friends told me that my career isn't over yet and that a company wants me. It took a lot of convincing until I signed a contract with them. They've been treating me better and my health is improving greatly. I have a steady career here in China and I'm currently one of the biggest rising stars in the Film industry. I have lots of endorsments and dramas as well. Everytime Exo-M is in China, I always watch their interviews and performances. I feel like a proud father whenever I see them because of how much they've achieved. 

"Yifan you're spacing out again. Plus we're here. Get some rest okay?" My manager said and I just nodded. I was probably too deep into my thoughts that I didn't realise that I got into the car and now we're parked in front of my apartment building. I got out of the car and bowed at my manager before walking inside the building. I got in the elevator and waited for it to get in my floor. When the elevator stopped in my floor, I made my way to my apartment and when I got in, I the lights and headed to my living room. I picked up the picture frame in my coffee table before letting my tears fall. 

"Happy birthday Tao. Have you been well? I hope you have. I miss you. I want to go back but I don't think I'm strong enough to face you and the others. I'm a coward aren't I?" I chuckled sadly. "This mighty dragon has finally fallen from the sky because he lost his strength. You and members have made me strong and I hope that you guys are happy. I'm proud of all of you. I love you."

I sighed before putting the picture frame down. I smiled as the tears continue to fall. That night I fell asleep with my tears streaming down my face endlessly.

------------------------------------------------------

I looked at myself in the mirror once again and smiled. I tugged on my sleeve and ran my hand through my short black hair. I dyed it back to black two days ago and I'm quite happy with the change. I started pacing around my dressing room because this is the first time I'll be hosting a show. They offered me the job to be the MC for the day and I gladly accepted. I've always wanted to become MC. It looks fun. Besides being an MC is my style. I smiled at myself before making my way to the stage. There I saw the person who would MC with me today and I was shocked to find out that it was the great Jackie Chan. I made my way to him and he saw me. I bowed looked back it him and he chuckled.

"You look shocked fellow MC." he joked and I just chuckled.

"It's an honour to work with you sir." I said while bowing ninety degrees. He just chuckled and waved his hand after I looked back up. 

"No need to be so formal Yifan. Now come on show's about to start." he said and handed me a mic. I smiled and bowed again then faced the camera. The director counted us in and then we both introduced ourselves. With Jackie Chan going first then me. I was smiling at the camera the whole time.

"Now, we have a special guest who have been promoting in China for a while." Jackie Chan said and curiousity got the best of me.

"And who is that special guest?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He just smiled at me before looking back at the audience. 

"Well Yifan, I think you know them." he said and I just kept quiet. I haven't been interating with many celebrities ever since I came here so I'm confused. "Seems like you're confused so let me help you out with that. There's two sub-groups but today they have come together as one. Everyone get ready for Exo!" I nearly dropped my mic and my face completely paled as they all started to pile out one by one. I could feel my eyes widen and I feel like my heart stopped beating. I slowly turned to look at them but I couldn't hear anything as I stared at those beautiful pair of brown eyes looking back at me. I gulped and I couldn't speak so I just bowed at them politely. This is totally unexpected. I can feel everyone's eyes on me but I just ignored them and forced the smile out of my face. My eyesight got blurry but I just blinked the tears away and looked at them. Jackie and I moved to the side while they lined up in the middle.

"We are one!" they all yelled together and I smiled. I had the urge to shout it with them but I held back because I remembered that I'm not in Exo anymore.

"Annyeonghaseo." I said quietly and bowed again. I felt someone pat my back so I looked up and saw Jackie looking at me with a sad smile. It seems like he knew. I should've known something was up when nobody told me who the guests are. 

"Welcome to the show guys. It's been a while since you've all been to China together right?" Jackie said.

"Yes hyung. I miss China actually. It's been a while since we've been here together." Luhan answered back in Chinese. I can feel his eyes on me but I just ignored it.

"Yes, it's nice being back." Sehun added. I think the maknae's gone taller. He's nearly as tall as me. 

"That's good. Your new song has dominated the charts again right?" Jackie asked and Chen chuckled.

"It has?" he pretended to be shocked and Jackie just chuckled. 

"Congratualtions on your comeback." I said finally and they all turned to look at me. At first they looked surprised but soon they all smiled back at me. 

"Thank you Kris hyung. Congratulations on your debut." Suho answered for all of them. They just nodded and I smiled sadly at what he called me. It's been a while since someone's called me Kris. I went back to my real name and stopped calling myself Kris after I stayed here. 

"Have you been well ge?" Tao asked in his soft and gentle voice. Gosh I miss him so much. I miss all of them. I smiled at Tao and nodded. "Good." 

"Well how about we do something special for the fans." Jackie said and he looked like he just had a bright idea. We all turned to look at him and he just smiled at all of us. 

"How about you all perform as a girft for the fans. By all of you I mean with Yifan as well." he said and we all just stared at him as if he grew two heads. The audience became quiet before the whole studio was filled with the audience shouting 'OT12' over and over again. Exo was looking at me as if waiting for my answer. I looked at Tao who looked excited and was giving me a pleading look. I sighed before handing Jackie Chan my mic and walked to Exo who cheered. Tao walked over to me and held on to my arm. I could feel my heart beating fast at the contact.

"Thank you duizhang." Tao whispered and I just smiled at him. We all got in a circle and they all smiled at me.

"It's nice having you back for once hyung." Chanyeol said and his eyes watered. 

"Thank you Chanyeol." I replied and they all nodded.

"What song shall we perform?" Sehun asked and they all just looked at me. 

"Well we should let leader pick." Lay said and the members kept their gaze on me. I looked at Suho and he was looking at me as well. 

"Why are you all looking at me?" I asked and looked down.

"Hyung, officially you might not be one of Exo's leaders anymore but.." Kai started.

"In our hearts you're still our leader." Kyungsoo finished.

"Yifan, you might've left and yes we felt betrayed but we accept your decision to leave." Xiumin told me.

"Plus, we miss you." Baekhyun added.

"Thank you guys. I know that I should've told you all but I was scared. We'll talk about this later but right now I think that we should all pick a song because everyone's waiting." I told them, touched at what they said. They don't seem mad. 

"Well duizhang what song should it be?" Suho asked and I looked at each one of them while letting my gaze linger on Tao a bit longer. 

"How about Growl?" Growl because that's when Exo became One. They all nodded and Jackie walked over to us and asked for the song choice. I told him the song quietly and he smiled before telling the staff the song. We all walked to our positions and then the song started. I concentrated on the moves because I haven't danced to Growl since I left. Sure I've listened to the song but never danced to it. After the song ended, the audience started screaming and clapping louder than before. The members formed a line and they dragged me beside Suho. He counted us in and we all looked at the camera. 

"We are one!" we yelled together and stuck our thumbs out. I looked at Tao and he was looking back at me with a smile on his face.  

Yes, we will forever be one in my heart.