Chapter 1

Trouble at the Zoo

In retrospect, Oh Sehun really shouldn't have accepted Jongin's gum-of-friendship on the first day of college, shouldn't have befriended him, and absolutely shouldn't have followed Jongin to the zoo (no matter how much guilt-tripping and manga-tearing were involved). But being the downright idiot Sehun was, he did, which is why here he was, stuck with said best friend while hiding behind a pathetic excuse of a bush.

 

“What are we even waiting for? This isn't even the bird enclosure it's the ZOO KEEPERS' OFFICE” Sometimes, Sehun really wonders if his first move should have been to assess Jongin's mental stability. It was the weekend, the zoo was nearly over-crowded with cranky children dragging exhausted adults about and around a insulated safari, poking fun at anything and everything they saw and theoretically, that should have been what Sehun and Jongin were supposed to do. But again, with Jongin as a best friend, it's only normal to realise (maybe a tad bit too late) that no matter how much 'should have's Sehun could think of, the only thing that would change their relationship was if Sehun somehow extracted all of it and slapped Jongin with it, violently waking him from his fantasies (which mainly revolved around a certain staff in said establishment).

 

“SHHHHHH” A hand finds its way all over Sehun's face, eventually clamping his mouth shut. “Someone might hear you”

 

“Whatever, does it look like THERE'S ANYONE AROUND?!” Thoroughly grossed out, he sweeps Jongin's dirty claws off his flawless face. That was it. “I DID NOT PAY AROUND TEN BUCKS FOR A TICKET JUST TO STAND AROUND THIS LOUSY PLANT WHICH COULD POTENTIALLY CAUSE MY ALLERGIES TO WORK UP-”

 

“Sehun”

 

“I MEAN I GET THAT YOU HAVE A FOR THAT OWL KEEPER-”

 

“Sehun”

 

“BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN THREATEN TO BURN MY BLACK BUTLER COLLECTION-”

 

“Sehu-”

 

“JUST FOR THE SAKE OF A WEIRDO WHO LOVES FEEDING BIRDS-”

 

“I'm sorry but I don't think you're supposed to be here”

 

“WHO DOESN'T EVEN- wait, what?” Just as Sehun turned around to the unfamiliar sarcasm-laced voice, Jongin (as expected) flees to the nearest attraction, which was not-so-surprisingly the bird house. Such an .

 

“I said, you're not supposed to be here” Sehun cringes at the frustration evident in the male's tone. Peeking open an eye, he spots a nametag. Lu Han, Deer Enclosure.

 

“So? Are you leaving or not?” Well, who knew little puppy here had so much bite? Anyway, nothing he would do can ever deter the ever charismatic, righteous and popular with ladies Oh Sehun (“More like that's what you think” a voice, specifically Chanyeol's, resounds in his head).

 

“Technically... I'm not really in th—the” Curse the hours he spent locked at home, building up his Sebastian shrine, that he had absolutely forgotten about how intimidating typical human interactions could be. But then again, it was especially harder for Sehun when he realised that this Luhan guy somewhat resembled the main lead in a shoujo manga. More like Nagisa from Free! actually.

 

“Hello? I'm still here you know” Lu Han swipes his hand in front of Sehun, as if bringing him back to reality from his unnecessary daydreaming session while impatiently tapping his foot against the cemented floor. At this, Sehun stumbles back on instinct, pushing up his imaginary glasses in an attempt to stay cool, or in his terms 'appear megane'. “So?”

 

“Ermm.. I-I was just going to the bathroom” He states matter-of-factly, “And am I not allowed to admire the beauty of nature?” He picks up a dropped leaf from the ground, gently caressing and sniffing it while pushing it towards Luhan. “Smell it, it's wonderful”

 

Luhan rolls his eyes, placing his hands on Sehun's and pushing it away. “O.... Kay? Well, I have to feed the deers now so I got to go” He claims, pointing towards a pen in the far distance. After a soft whisper of 'weirdo' under his breath, that Sehun fortunately didn't catch, Luhan hastily dashes off in the opposite direction.

 

“Hey Sehun! Are you coming or not?” Jongin motions towards him from the side of the building.

 

“... Y-Yeah, I am” He says and jogs off towards his best friend, but not forgetting Luhan's flawless features which didn't fail to captivate him throughout their whole exchange.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys ^^ I know it's quite stupid Orz but still, tell me if you enjoyed it :)