Chapter 2

Monsters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Solve the problems on the boa-” Who was that knocking at the door?

Soyoung kept her eyes on her notebook but her ears were at the door.  Her teacher was conversing with the principal.  The talking stopped and two pairs of feet led two different bodies to the front of the room.

“Listen up, delinquents! You’ve got a new cellmate to play with. Introduce yourself.” Soyoung froze in fear.

There was another monster waiting to rip her apart.

“Jeon Jungkook.” He sounded cold; another reason for Soyoung not to look up.

“You can sit in the back corner next to Soyoung.”  Her heartbeat sped up and stopped as the new monster approached her.  Soyoung kept her head down and made sure that her hair covered her face.

“As I was saying, solve the problems on the board.”  Soyoung wanted to do what was asked.  She was a good student compared the crooks at this school.  But solving the problems meant looking up to see them.

Looking up to see them meant showing her face.

Showing her face meant exposing herself to the new monster sitting next to her.

Soyoung sat frozen stiff and did not move.

“Are you dead?”  Jungkook tried to get a look at Soyoung’s face, but Soyoung looked away.  She turned her face in the direction of the window.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter