` chanyeol (exo) & min (miss a) | good things come in small packages

` snorlax's napping corner | one shot shop - open always


|  good things come in small packages


"What did I tell you? These colors need to be changed! I can't have so much black in a summer line!"

"But, Miss Min..."

"Don't but me. Just fix it!"

Chanyeol watched as his new boss threw a fit in her office. For a tiny little thing, she really had a lot of power in her. Maybe it was her shoulder pads.

He leaned back in his chair as he watched the poor intern scurry out of her office. He had worked with Min ever since they were just interns themselves. He had seen both her good and bad days, and paid enough attention to the girl to know when she was under a lot of stress; and boy was she feeling it.

They worked at the House of Chanel, and ever since Min was promoted to supervising director, she had a whole bunch of responsibility dumped on her that she had no idea where to turn.

And no matter how much Chanyeol wanted to comfort her, he also didn't want to bother her. Like she even remembered who he even was; she's got too much on her plate to care about anything more than the colors getting fixed on the new collection, or that the fabric is changed from rayon to silk, or the exclusive First Impressions party this weekend. His feelings for her were no match for her busy lifestyle.

He watched as Min ran her fingers through her short blonde hair and plopped herself down in her chair. It was a normal black leather swivel chair like the rest of the V.P.'s get, except when she was in hers, it looked about two sizes bigger than the rest.

That was the first thing he noticed about her, how absolutely charming her size was. She reminded him of Thumbelina, and his friends call her Mini Min. Yeah, that's right - he'd liked this girl for so long even his friends knew about it.

"Hey, Chanyeol," There was one of them now, "You know, the more you watch her the more you're going to like her." His friend Baekhyun placed a small stack of papers on his desk, "These need to be signed by lunchtime, okay?"

Chanyeol flipped through the forms; being quality control was as simple as signing a few papers, which he liked - it meant he had more time to admire the one who had his heart. He nodded his head.

Baekhyun patted his shoulder before leaving, which at this point it was something he was used to. It's what Baekhyun always used to do when they were in grade school. If Chanyeol got a bad grade, was scolded by a teacher, or just felt down in the dumps, Baekhyun would always pat him on his shoulder. It was comforting to him.

As Chanyeol started flipping through the papers, Min just managed to find a way back in to his head. Her milky white skin, her soft blonde hair, her petit figure, and that adorable smile of hers; the same smile he loves, the same smile that has disappeared for far too long.

Would it be too much to ask for her to just look his way? Would he be intruding if he were to say hello? Chanyeol says hello to everyone, everyone but Min. If he were to offer her a hand, would she take it as an insult?

They used to joke around, and play games during work. Play paper football, have pencil sword fights, write funny post-its to each other when superiors were in the room. They played footsie, unplugged each others mouse, changed each others computer backgrounds... They used to be so close, but now it seems like such a long time ago, he doubt she remembers.

Heck, he remembers when she still had black hair.

He shook his head to try and clear the thoughts, and continued signing papers. He was almost through when his old friend Suho came by with the mail.

"You still thinkin' about little Mini Min over there?" He asked, sympathy was emininent in his voice.

Chanyeol scruffled his hair, "When aren't I?" He turned his chair to face Suho.

"Fair enough," He smiled sympathetically, "Anyway, it looks like you've got a special letter here."

His face lightened up, he never gets special mail. They're usually either junk or recalls on a few items or something. "Special? Special how?"

Suho handed him the envelope, and Chanyeol took it with careful excitement. Even the feel of the paper was different, it was softer, if that's possible. He peeled off the metallic sticker and stuck it on a post it. Opening the letter, he couldn't really believe what he saw.

It was an invitation to the exclusive First Impressions party.

"Dude, is that what I think it is?" Suho blinked.

With wide eyes, Chanyeol nodded while continuing to read in disbelief.

"It's an invitation to the party."

"Like, the  party?"

"Oh, what other party is there?" Chanyeol glanced into Min's office, and then back to the invitation. "It says that she invited me."

Suho took the letter from Chanyeol and read to himself, "From request of your superior you have hereby been invited to the First Impressions party this Sunday..."

"She's my only superior," Chanyeol said, "She's the one in charge of me."

Suho handed back the paper, "Maybe she didn't forget about you after all."

"I don't know, it seems as if we've never even met. I don't know that she would remember someone like me."

Suho sighed, "Oh shut up. You two were like the best friends I've ever seen. You can't just forget someone like that." He watched as Chanyeols eyes dim in the memories of their friendship, "Either way, you have a party to go to this weekend. And who knows. Maybe you'll reconnect there or something."

Chanyeol softly smiled, "Yeah, maybe."

Suho bid him a goodbye and went on continuing to deliver the rest of his mail, while Chanyeol kept re-reading the letter and getting lost in thought.

And before he knew it, it was nearly noon.

"You got the papers?" Baekhyun asked, popping up at Chanyeol's desk.

Chanyeol snapped out of his trance like state and jumped at the sudden noise.

"Hm?" He mumbled in a daze.

Baekhyun looked at the papers on his desk and picked up the ones that were signed. "Can you just sign those two real quick?" He pointed to last couple papers that remained on his desk.

He signed the last two papers and handed them to Baekhyun, "Hey, do you want to go to a party this weekend?"

He was interested. Baekhyun leaned his hip against Chanyeol's desk and crossed his arms, "What kind of party?"

Chanyeol picked up the envelope, "How about the First Impressions party?"

Baekhyun's eyes grew wide as he snatched the letter from his hand, "No way! You got invited?!"

"I was thinking the same thing! It says that Min invited me."

Baekhyun looked to her office and back to the letter, just as Chanyeol had done earlier. "Are you serious?"

"It says it right there," Chanyeol pointed to it and smiled.

"Duuddeeeee! I can be like your wing-man!" Baekhyun's eyes twinkled in excitement, "I can't believe you got invited!"

Chanyeol put on a silly grin, "Yeah, man." He took back the invitation, "Just nothing too extreme, okay? I don't want my second first impression to be desperate."

"Yeah, because you're totally not

He laughed and shoved his shoulder, "Shut up, man."


♥♡♥


Flash foreword to the day of the party, Chanyeol is found in his bedroom stressing to the high heavens about what to wear.

"Hey! We gotta leave soon!" Baekhyun called. Walking into Chanyeol's room he found him in a distraught mess with clothes everywhere. "Chanyeol?"

"I have no friggen idea what to wear."

Baekhyun smile, "Psh, dude. You always know what to wear."

"I know!" He agreed, "I'm freaking out."

Baekhyun sat down on the bed next to Chanyeol, "Alright, do you know her favorite color or something?"

"Her favorite color is pink." Chanyeol said looking to Baekhyun who had a look of disbelief on his face, "Yeah, I thought she was joking when she told me."

Baekhyun began looking through Chanyeol's tie drawer, and pulled out a pastel pink tie. "Well, we can start with this."

After about twenty or so minutes of trying on and taking off several outfits, they finally came to an agreement. His room may be covered with clothes, but at least he's confident in what he's wearing. He stood in front of his mirror with Baekhyun adjusting his collar behind him.

"Just take a deep breath, Chanyeol. Everything is gonna be fine."

Chanyeol did as he was told, and adjusted his tie. The pink tie that he hoped would remind her of who he used to be.


♥♡♥


The yellow lights of the street lamps lit up the road and the sidewalk. The location of the party was on the top floor of the Chanel building, where the roof was open as well. The moon was covered by the clouds, but was bound to show its light later on in the night.

The two boys made their way inside and took the elevator up to the first floor. Chanyeol felt his hands get sweaty around the clutched invitation, but he just took deep breaths like Baekhyun told him to.

"Dude, calm down. You look like death." Baekhyun elbowed him.

"I'm trying," Chanyeol sighed.

The elevator doors opened and both boys were overwhelmed with an air of sophistication and intimidation. Everyone was dressed so well, and just about half of them had their noses in the air about it.

Both boys were taller than a good 98% of the guests, so they could easily find the very girl they were there for.

Dressed in black with a pink watch, Min stood by the fireplace with a glass of champagne in her hand. They handed the usher the invitation and nervously stepped onto the white marble flooring.

Instead of being the wing man he had promised, Baekhyun was quickly lured into the refreshments table by a group of girls in short dresses, leaving Chanyeol by himself.

Rather than being upset with his Bacon buddy, Chanyeol decided it was for the best that he wasn't with him. If he was, Baekhyun would have ended up doing all the talking, and Chanyeol would just stand there like an awkward lamp.

He leaned against a nearby wall to come up with a game-plan. He knew that the moon would be out by now, so he wanted to get her up to the roof. But with so many important people here, why would she ever go with him? It was a risky decision, but he just decided to grow a pair and ask her, after all, she did invite him. It was now or never.

He made his way through the crowed and over to the tiny girl. She looked up at him and smiled, "May I help you?"

He cleared his throat, "Do you mind coming up to the roof with me?"

She gave him a surprised look, "The roof? Isn't it a bit chilly outside?"

"You can have my jacket, if you get cold." He offered. All of the butterflies from before had gone, Chanyeol had the ability to shed his nervous skin once a conversation had begun, it was almost as if he had been granted confidence from the Wizard of Oz or something.

She smiled and handed her glass to one of the butlers, "I guess I must go then , musnt I?" She looked to her friends and waved as they walked back to the elevator.

Once inside, Chanyeol pushed the roof button and as soon as the doors closed, off they went. He could see out of the corner of his eye that even in a pair of heels, she was really tiny. Normally, she would be just above his elbow, but now she was closer to his shoulder.

The elevator dinged and they walked outside where the moonlight blanketed the city.

Chanyeol took off his jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders from behind, she turned her head and smiled. They walked to the edge of the building and leaned up against the railing.

"So," Chanyeol said, "Do you remember me?"

She smiled softly, "How could I forget."

Surprised, he turned his head to her. "Wait, you really remember me?"

"You haven't left my mind since the day I met you."

He scruffled his hair, "Then how come you haven't said a word to me since?"

"I got a promotion. The people upstairs told me that I shouldn't socialize with the people beneath me."

"So you just listened?"

"I didn't want to. It made me furious how they talked about you like you were some kind of silly little thing that they could just kick around." She started playing with her hands, "They threatened to fire me all together. They said I would never work in fashion again."

Chanyeol couldn't fathom what it would be like for Min to be without her job at Chanel, "Oh, I'm so sorry. I had no idea... I know how much you love fashion."

"It wasn't loosing the job I was worried about. It was loosing you."

She moved her hand closer to his.

"Loosing me?"

She sighed, "This job... I love it. Fashion really is my passion, but more than that, it's my only connection to you. I couldn't bear to let my tie with you be undone."

"I've missed you like crazy. Heck, I've been going crazy this past week just thinking about talking to you today. I prayed the whole time that you would remember me." Chanyeol looked into her eyes, "Min, you really do mean more to me than I'll ever be able to say."

She smiled and put her hand on top of his, and they interlocked their fingers.

"So, inviting me here, wasn't a mistake?" Chanyeol asked.

She playfully punched his shoulder, "Of course not! Do you know how painful it is to only be able to watch someone through your office, and not be able to speak a word to them? It's like being trapped in a glass cage!"

"I've got it the opposite. There's so many times I just want to go in there and hug you as hard as I can. You have so much on your plate... I just never wanted to bother you."

She moved closer to him and rested her head on his arm, "You'd never bother me."

He felt his heart quicken again, and butterflies escape his stomach. He turned to her and quickly slipped his hands around her waist and held her as close as he could. She put her arms around his neck as best he could and hugged him back.

The moonlight danced around them as they felt each others heart beat.

She shed a tear and kissed his cheek, "I've missed you so much," She squeezed him tighter, "I'd have thought you'd have found someone else by now, I was so worried you had replaced me, that didn't mean anything to you anymore."

"You're the most important thing to me," Chanyeol whispered. "Always."


 


Ayo, Pikachu!
Okey, so, dis ended up more romantic than fluff.
I hope dats okey. c:
                         Also the plot you gave me ended up being tweaked a bit.
                         I hope dats also okey. C:
                         I really had a lot of fun writing this. I hope you like it!