` seokjin (bts) | dirt, water and sweaty palms

` snorlax's napping corner | one shot shop - open always


|  dirt, water, and sweaty palms


Monday, 1:32PM | Gym Class

"Alright boys! Huddle up, today's our last day of football, so make it good!" 

The coach blew his whistle and the boys separated into the teams they've been playing with for the past two weeks. 

"Team A and Team C on field 1! Team B and Team D on field 2! Team E and Team G on field 3 and Team F and Team H on field four!"

Minhyo and his teammates hurried over to field three in anticipation of creaming a new team they haven't played before. As they were talking out their strategy for their fifth win in a row, Minhyo started to take a closer look at Team G. 

There was his Science Lab Partner, the know-it-all in English, the class clown, Kim Seokjin, the choir kid-

Hold on, back up. Who was that last one? No, not the singer, the pretty one -- was he hallucinating? That 'Pretty Princess' was never caught dead in gym clothes, unless that was the trend of the season and even then he at least had to see a celebrity or something sporting the look, but the fact that he was about to play a game of football with him - it just wouldn't process? What if he ran into him? What if he threw the ball at his face on accident? Not that he was just going to be staring at his face the entire game, even though his face is really so clear and pretty and well taken care of and-

"Minhyo! Dude, we gotta start the game." The team captain elbowed the day-dreaming boy and snapped him out of his trance; Minhyo swallowed his pride as he got into position to start the game. 

"Hike!"

Minhyo kept a close eye on the ball, while also subconsciously sneaking glances at the Princess who mainly stood still for most of the game. But hey, Minhyo wasn't complaining, it made it easier to keep his eye on the bloke. 

Which, why was he so attached to him in the first place? Just looking at the vain young man sent chills up his spine and jitters in his heart. And when you're in the middle of an intense football game with a bunch of high school boys, isn't quite ideal.

Minhyo stayed relatively close to the endzone, he was usually the one to score a touchdown. Keeping his eye on the ball was supposed to be his number one priority, but there was something about Seokjin's bright pink Nike's and how he stood so foreign to a sports game that made him irresistible to the eye.

"Minhyo!"

One of his teammates was running towards him, and in his attempt to throw the ball, it was thrown to the left, instead of the right; where Minhyo was.

He started off running as fast as he could, and caught the ball mid-air. His sneakers scraped up the ground like a baseball player sliding for home.

After his realization of his success and hearing his friends cheering excitedly, he grinned stupidly. But, on such a sunny day, why was it blocked? He opened his eyes to find a figure standing above him with an expression of pure horror.

"My sneakers..." They gasped.

Minhyo rubbed his eyes and opened them once again to see a pile of dirt at his feet, cutting the boy off at his ankles. He looked back up to his face once again, and this time with his cleared vision he felt his heart absolutely sink.

"You've ruined my sneakers!" Seokjin shrieked.

Minhyo remained speechless, stunned and stuttering.

"Aren't you going to say anything? You bloody goon!"

Seokjin stomped off to grab his gym bag. Minhyo's friends helped him up and started to praise him further for his goal. But none of it mattered, he ruined the Princesses shoes. It was the definition of a backwards Cinderella story.

 

Tuesday, 12:32PM | Lunch

After a night of restless sleep, Minhyo was ready to just have a period of just hanging with his friends and forgetting about what had happened yesterday. He's checked his profile picture so many times just to remind himself how precious he looks when he's not pissed off.

"Mrs. Kim really needs to pull that stick out of her ," said one of his friends, "She took a point off because I didn't circle my answer! And I even got it right!"

After taking a gulp of water, Minhyo added, "You think that's bad? She threatened to call my parents because I stretched during a test, and she thought I was looking a someone else's paper."

"Well you do sit next to that exchange student," One of them said, "She's hot and smart, it must be in those blue eyes."

"Someone got a crush?" Minhyo poked.

He had a silly grin on his face, "Psh, no way man. Relationships are just messy. I'd rather stay late with Mrs. Kim."

The group of boys looked over to the door where a group of seven boys who seemed like they needed a place to sit. With a smirk on his face, the rebel of Minhyo's friends opened his mouth.

"Looks like the Princess has a few peasants at her feet."

Minhyo looked up from his sandwich and gave him a glare, "Dude, shut it."

"Why should I?" He raised his voice, "I'm just saying, that Princess thinks she's all that. He's just a nobody just like the rest of them."

"Cut it out!" Minhyo loudly whispered.

Catching the attention of the boys, they all walked over to the table looking just about ready to start a fight. Minhyo watched as Seokjin's face turned from hurt to angry.

"Excuse me?" One of the boys said, "You have something to say about Seokjin?"

He smirked again, "Even if I did, don't you think I should say it to him instead of-" He looked him up and down, "One of his little guards?"

"Then say it to my face." He shoved himself to the front of the group, not only surprising Minhyo's friends, but his friends as well. He fixed his cardigan and the collar of his shirt while staring the boy down.

"You can't even have a fight without worrying about your looks, can you?" He spat, "You're such a little priss about everything."

"Who said we're fighting?" Seokjin said calmly, "Just because I care about my looks doesn't make me a priss. It does, however, make me better looking than you."

He ran his fingers through his hair, "You think you're better looking than me?"

"In you're dreams."

"Get off your high horse."

"Don't be so full of yourself, brat."

All of Minhyo's friends were throwing back at Seokjin, everybody but him.

"Was I talking to any of you?" Seokjin shot back, cold as ice. "Besides, it seems that one of you seems to think different."

Everybody turned to Minhyo, but Seokjin. He kept his eyes stuck on the one who insulted him. "Hey! I was talking to you. Don't get distracted."

His friend gave Minhyo a look before turning back to Seokjin. "Minhyo isn't one to insult anybody, not out loud anyway."

"Honestly, I really don't give a crap what any of you think of me." Seokjin said, "Just don't bother me again, okay? Keep your ugly mouths shut about me and my friends."

Minhyo was growing more and more intense as the fight went on. He really didn't appreciate that one of his closest friends was insulting the one person he couldn't get off his mind. He was scared to tell any of them about it in the first place, but now they could never know.

He took his bottle and started to unscrew the cap, trying to stay out of the whole situation. As Seokjin and his group walked by, he started to put the bottle up to his mouth when another one of his friends hit the bottom of it, causing water to fly out and drench Seokjin.

Minhyo was in shock. He didn't dare turn around, or move for that matter; and once again, there was a look of complete horror on Seokjin's face. Minhyo's heart has never beat faster, nor has his face ever shown such a scared expression.

"You son of a-" Seokjin roared.

He and his friends left the cafeteria with attitude radiating from them by the way he walked; they headed to the locker room to get a change of clothes. The last one to leave snatched Minhyo's water bottle from his hands and dumped it on his head before following. "I think he was about to call you a ."

Minhyo sat with water dripping from his head as his group of friends went running after the rest of the boys. He sat still, so many thoughts running through his head. At this rate, Seokjin probably hates him more now than ever.

Not only was his fairytale already backwards, but it had just been drowned.


Wednesday, 7:32PM | 3rd Floor Hallway

Minhyo's footsteps echoed through the dark and empty hallway. He bit his lip in thought as he approached the row of lockers by the huge window. This was the row of lockers that everybody wanted to be in, with the beautiful view outside and the sunlight in the morning; it was the place that everyone wanted to be, including Minhyo; but for him, it wasn't because of the morning sun or the view, it was because that's where Seokjin's locker was - and to him, Seokjin was better than any golden view you could find.

He clutched the pink envelope in his hand. The past few days have been wreaking havoc on his head, and his heart. He just couldn't stop thinking about him. He just couldn't stop thinking about how much he must hate him.

He covered him with dirt.

He drenched him with water.

And now, if things didn't go how he hoped they would, he would have his heart broken by him.

He didn't have anywhere to turn. If he told anyone about his feelings, they would disown him. And he thought if he were to tell Seokjin's friends, they would just about have a fit and beat him to a pulp - either that or he would be humiliated for the rest of his life.

"1201, 1202, 1203..." He said to himself, reading aloud the locker numbers, "1204."

He's never actually had the guts to pass by Seokjin's locker long enough to read the number, the only way he remembered it was that it's his birthday.

He stood in front of the locker and took a deep breath. He started to slip in the letter when he had heard a voice that was all to familiar.

"Hey," It said, "What are you doing?"

It seemed like the thousandth time that Minhyo froze. He looked down to his feet and turned to face the figure. He opened his eyes to find the same boy who had been on his mind non-stop for the past few days standing before him. He seemed somehow less intimidating without his friends.

He was dresses in a plain white button down, a pair of fitted black jeans and black Nike high tops. He had never seen him so 'dressed down'. It was actually kind of nice.

Minhyo bit his lip again before making a decision he didn't even think about. He held the letter in front of him, "Here."

Seokjin looked surprised. He looked at the letter, then up to Minhyo. He had never paied attention to this kid, didn't even know his name. Even though he had been in his life more than he had ever been this week, he had a hard time recognizing him.  If he thought about it, he might be able to tell you that he was in one or two classes with him, when truth be told he had every class with him. He just didn't care enough to notice.

Minhyo rubbed his sweaty hands together after he took the letter from him. Seokjin scanned the letter over before opening it.

"Um-" Minhyo started. Seokjin looked up at him, "Do you want to read it now?"

Seokjin gave a confused look, "Well I mean while we're both here. Its something you want to tell me, right? I can tell just by looking at you, that you have a hard time telling people things to their face. If you didn't, then I wouldn't have this letter in my hand, would I?"

Minhyo looked away and shook his head.

"Hey, look me in the eyes, will you?" Seokjin smiled, "It'll help me in imagining you actually talking to me while I read this."

Minhyo looked back to him and was caught by surprise when he had seen his amazing smile. Without having a persona to put on, or having to play into the 'diva-princess' character that everyone knows him by, Seokjin had a really warm heart. He wasn't cold or icy by any means, he was just, sassy, if you will.

The golden sunset glowed through the window panes, leaving Seokjin looking even more radiant and handsome than he'd looked before. Minhyo's heart beat quickened and he felt himself fall even more into his feelings for him.

Seokjin opened the letter and pulled out the paper inside. Before unfolding it, he commented, "Thanks for using my favorite color, by the way."

Minhyo could tell he was trying to make the situation less awkward than it was, he was trying to make it more comfortable, and there was no way he was going to take it for granted. He softly smiled back at Seokjin, "No problem."

As he watched Seokjin's dark eyes read across the paper, he oddly felt a weight be lifted from his shoulders. After thinking that this would be an unbearable moment, that his heart would explode, he felt relief. After so long of keeping it inside, his feelings were finally going to be known by the one person he cared so much for.

He watched Seokjin's facial expression go from confused, to surprised, to embarrassed, to what looked like flattered. As he folded the paper back up and slipped it back in the envelope, he had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Minhyo..." He whispered.

He felt his heart sink, he knew what was going to happen. He'd watched enough romantic movies to figure out what was going to happen next. If a large crack was heard, it wasn't from the glass window behind them, it was Minhyo's heart breaking in two.

He outreached his hand for the letter, "Look, Seokjin..."

Seokjin stepped foreword, handing the letter back to him, but he didn't stop.

He stepped closer, and put a hand on Minhyo's chest. He raised himself up slightly on his toes and placed his plush lips on Minhyo's.

Minhyo, as surprised and confused as he was, was quick to react. He put his hand on Seokjin's back and pulled him closer, kissing him back.

They were showered with moonlight as they kissed. They hadn't realized how long they had been there for, but it didn't matter to them. Nothing else mattered to them but each other.

Once the kiss broke, Minhyo kept Seokjin close to him, their foreheads leaned on each other.

"I didn't even think you knew who I was..."

Seokjin whispered, "Honestly, I didn't."

"Then what was that for?" Minhyo asked, taking his forehead away and staring into his eyes.

"No one has ever paied that much attention to me." Seokjin said, "After they hear about all of those 'Princess' and 'Diva' rumors, they just end up avoiding me. Heck, some people leave me alone once they hear that my favorite color is pink."

"But-"

"The dirt on my sneakers, the water on my clothes, those things weren't your fault. But, how much you stressed about it, how much you cared if I was alright, how much you cared about your impression on me... It doesn't matter if I knew who you were or not before-"

"It doesn't?"

Seokjin smiled, "No, it doesn't. Because now I do know you, and now... Now I'm going to protect you. I'm going to care for you, and now-"

He softly kissed Minhyo.

"...Now, I'm going to love you just like you love me."


 


Yo, sup' mah Charizard,
Juss bein' honest, this is da first oneshot I've ever written.
So, apologies for how much 'dis . c:
                        (btw after writing  this i totally ship minjin ❤)