Nichkhun and Doojoon

Beastly Idols: One-Shot Series {OPEN for REQUESTS}

This one-shot was requested by one of my best friends on AFF! :) She asked me to make her one when I told her about my plan of opening a one-shot request fic.

Smart move picking 2 partners for a love triangle. One from each band. ;) But since I love ya, then it's not cheating. Actually, not at all. Smart even.

Request by: PhoenixCrew


Thinking of You
You said 'move on' - where do I go?
I guess second best is all I will know...
cause when I'm with him, I am thinking of you...
what do I do if you were the one who was spending the night?
oh, I wish that I was looking into your eyes...

I watched him dribble the ball with his feet. It passed from right to left so quickly that if you blinked you would've missed his movements. That was all I remember doing until I zoned out. My thoughts weren't concentrated on Doojoon anymore. Yet again, Nichkhun engulfed my mind. My thoughts lingered for awhile on the way Doojoon performed, and then all I could remember was Nichkhun.

His movements reminded me so much of the times I went and watched badminton games of Nichkhun. The sweat and effort of all the players just to score. I've always liked watching sports. The adrenaline rush you get, especially when you're rooting for a team is one of the most exciting feelings ever.

"Hey, babe." Doojoon calls out as he approaches me.

I snap out of my thoughts and smile up at him. "Hey." I greet.

"Did you see that? How was it? Think I can beat Cornwall?" He asks me excitedly.

I could see the happy glint in his eyes. He was proud of his performance today. But I hadn't even noticed it.

I chuckle, "Of course not." I say.

Doojoon frowns and takes a seat beside me on the grass field.

"And why not?"

"You can't beat a whole team by yourself, Doojoon." I answered him matter-of-factly.

He laughs at my answer. "You scared me there a bit." He tells me. "I thought you were gonna say I didn't improve."

I couldn't judge that. I wasn't even thinking of Soccer. Not when they boy I loved played a different sport.

"Practice makes perfect, Doojoon!" I grin at him, "Every time you practice, you get better. And I thought you were awesome."

How could I lie to him so easily?

He smiles, "Thanks." He comments quietly and leans in to give me kiss on the cheek. I anticipate the contact and smile as his lips touch the skin on my face. Then Doojoon gets up immediately. "I still have half an hour before I finish." He tells me as he stares down into my eyes.

I know I was looking up at him, but my mind wasn't present and I barely heard what he had to tell me.

"Then we can leave after that. Get some food!" I hear him say happily. "That good?"

"That's great." I give him another sweet smile.

Doojoon nods then jogs off back to the field.

I look back at his retreating figure. Doojoon was an amazing Soccer player. He was so passionate about the sport, I knew how much it meant to him. I can't wait for the day he becomes captain of the team, that would be one of his dreams come true.

Khun didn't love badminton as much as Doojoon loved soccer, I thought bitterly. In fact, he wasn't overly passionate about these extra curricular activities. He would much rather go out with his friends. I smiled remembering how in Sophomore year, I was almost, always, constantly out of the house thanks to Khun. That year was so much fun.

Doojoon on the other hand, he loved being around us too, but always made time for Soccer. It was very admiring actually. I shake the thoughts of the past out of my head and watch the few remaining minutes of Doojoon's practice. He was performing better, going at it hard. I could see he really wanted this win. I grinned feeling proud of my boyfriend.

"Hey Tara!" Gikwang, one of Doojoon's friends and teammates comes up and sits beside me. I snap my head towards him.

"Oh," I smile faintly, "Hey it's you. What's up muscle man?" I grin.

Gikwang rolled his eyes, "Intense practice, huh? Too bad I couldn't join." Gikwang pouted.

Right. He was just recovering from an ankle sprain. He wasn't allowed to train for 3 weeks.

"Don't worry," I attempt to cheer him up. "You'll get to join soon."

"Not for the biggest game of this season!" He whines.

I chuckle at Gikwang's restlessness, "Cornwall vs. Illyria! Game. Of. The. Season!" He cheers.

I couldn't help but agree. That was a match students from both school's looked forward to every year. I've been attending the games with Nichkhun and the rest of the guys since 7th grade. And Doojoon has been playing against them since his freshman year.

Gikwang looks at me curiously, "What's up with you these days, Tara?" He asks, cocking his head to the side.

"What do you mean?" I begin curiously.

"You're always so quiet and kept to." He says, "Where's your head at?" He wonders.

Ah, so even Gikwang's noticed that I haven't been myself lately.

I try to avoid the subject and just wave it off like it was nothing, "Ah, it's nothing." I say as casually as I can, "I've just been thinking of a lot of things these days. Figuring things out..." I sort of mumble the last part.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He offers.

I do, but what do I say? I've never really told anyone about this. Not even my best friend.

He knew that I was hesitant. "You can trust me..." He urges.

But you're one of Doojoon's best friends. What will you think of me if I say that I've never gotten Nichkhun out of my head, or heart.

I shrug, "Thanks, but I'm fine, really." I give him a reassuring smile.

"You sure?" He asks worriedly.

"You're a good guy, Gikwang." I smile at him hoping the conversation would end there.

And, it kind of did because Doojoon came jogging towards us.

"Oh, hey Gikwang! What are you doing here?" Doojoon says as he approached us, "Not tryna steal my girl, are ya?" He chuckles as he sits by my other side, immediately slinging an arm around my shoulders.

I didn't mind that he was sweaty. I thought having a jock boyfriend was totally cool, and the sweat from all that hard work was part of the package. I was smirking in my head.

Gikwang laughs, "Of course not! Just making small talk is all..."

"What were you guys talking about?" Doojoon wonders grabbing his towel and dabbing it on his forehead.

"Gikwang's just sad he won't be able to play for the Cornwall game." I say.

"Oh, yeah, that . It would be great to have you out on the field!" Doojoon comments.

"I know, right?!" Gikwang brightens up, "I'm a totally better goal keeper than Cornwall's Changmin dude!" he says.

And they go about chattering how much better our team's players were than Cornwall's.

"So, what's the plan?" Gikwang's question brings my head down from the clouds. Is it bad that I'm always lost in thought?

I shrug and then look at Doojoon.

"Err...well, we were going to have a bite to eat." He answers Gikwang but was looking at me.

My lips curve into a smile as I nod. Yes, we were going to have a bite to eat.

"Cool! Where?" Gikwang stands up.

Doojoon scratched the back of his head, "Actually, if you don't mind, Gikwang-ah, I kind of wanted to take Tara on a date..." Doojoon says.

"Oh..." Gikwang looks down at the ground, "Whoops! Sorry." He quickly smiles at us, "I forgot you probably wanna spend time with your girlfriend!" He says, "Well have fun then! I'll see you guys tomorrow." And with that Gikwang walked away.

Doojoon had already stood up and held out a hand to help me get up. I took it and he pulled me up effortlessly.

I grin as he pulled me close to him.

"I have the coolest girlfriend, ever." He whispers, only inches away from my face, his breath tickling my skin.

"And why is that?" He didn't know I was probably one of the worst girlfriends out there...

He smiles that charming smile of his that I've always been fond of.

"Because," He starts, "Most girls would mind that their boyfriend just finished practice, but I get to be this close to you without even worrying about it." He whispers the last words softly as he leans in to kiss me. Only a split second after saying that did his lips touch mine and I kissed him back.

They were familiar, I've kissed these lips many times before, but they weren't the lips I longed for.

How long has it been since our last kiss, Khun? Our last kiss is what still lingers on my lips. I can't ever seem forget it.


AND THERE'S  YOUR ONE-SHOT BABY GIRL!!!!!!

ACTUALLY, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LONGER, BUT I KIND OF LIKED HOW I ENDED IT! :) I was planning to write their date, actually. I even planned Khun would make an appearance!
Sorry if your boyfriend was Doojoon, I know you were expecting both, but I loved this idea too much!! Maybe if I don't get requests for awhile I'll make you a part 2 for this cuz I'm really loving this idea, swear.

I FREAKIN LOVED WRITING TO THINKING OF YOU!!! damn, I missed that song.^^

please comment, I'll pester you to log back in on AFF :) if not, you'll never see this story! XD

to my other readers, how was it? Should I have written out their date?
See you all in my next request~~ it's Junho's turn!! :)

*also, I used the soccer teams from She's The Man. love that movie XD
*this was the picture I originally used, but Junsu was a third wheel XD