Teaser

Mansions Built Upon Sand
Mansions Built Upon Sand
[Teaser]
By: Sharl




“Aguamenti!”

Changmin heard the spell before the jet of water hit him. Grumbling, he curled further into his human pillow and tried to shield the said pillow from the water. He felt Junsu stir in his arm and was pretty sure his boyfriend was also frowning now. Neither of them was morning person after all.

“Shim Changmin, you’d better get your arse off the bed. The second bell will ring any moment now!”

“Bugger off Jae,” he mumbled.

“Agua-“

“Alright alright! Fine! Now scram, you bloody prefect. Go bother someone else,” Changmin finally sat down with a huff. Tousling his hair, he took his wand and muttered, “Tempus.” A smoky image told him that it was half past seven and that the first class would start in twenty minutes. He himself had Potion with those bloody Gryffindor so he still had enough time to eat breakfast. Junsu however, got his first class all the way at the Astronomy tower.

He nudged his boyfriend awake. “Hey Su, come on. You’ll be late.”

Junsu frowned adorably and huffed. Stifling a yawn, he said in sleepy voice, “For Merlin’s sake, we just had our O.W.L last week, can’t they give us a rest?”

“Apparently not,” Changmin replied as an owl knocked on their window. Recognizing her to be his family’s owl, he trudged off the bed and opened the window to let her in. She dropped a mail to his palm before flying to Junsu. Changmin made a face as the owl was obviously very happy when Junsu her feather. Bloody owls.

His family’s crest was on the envelope alongside with his father’s handwriting. Frowning, Changmin broke off the wax seal on the back of the letter and read.

“What is it?” Junsu asked later as he let the owl to fly back home.

“It’s from my father.”

“What does he want?”

“He wants us to come home for a quick visit this weekend, said that he has sort things out with the headmaster.”

The sound of Junsu shuffling about stopped. Changmin turned around and walked towards the other to help him with his tie. Junsu was never good with ties and Changmin liked tying him up. In all possible situations. He didn’t mind helping Junsu with his tie because really, Changmin still had plenty of time.

Junsu stayed still as Changmin took longer time than usual. “Did he say why?”

Changmin shrugged, “Kind of, but not very clear about it. There,” his hands brushed against Junsu’s cheeks. “All done.” 

Knowing they had to go to their classes soon, Changmin leaned forward and captured his boyfriend in a kiss. In a matter of minutes, an indifferent mask would settle on Junsu’s face and on his. All Slytherins did that. They didn’t wear their emotions at their sleeves. One step outside their dungeon, and the masks would be in place.

“Thanks,” Junsu said later when they parted. “I love you.”

“Love you too. Now go, or you’ll be late and Professor Kangta will give you a detention.”

Junsu nodded and Changmin watched as his boyfriend grabbed their green Slytherin scarves. He saw Junsu took a deep long breath, closed his eyes and when he opened them again, his mask was already in place. As Junsu walked out from their dorm, Changmin sighed. 

It was his time to get ready now.


-End of Teaser-