Penguin Sweater

Penguin Sweater

“I am not wearing that.”

“Why not?!”

“Look—look at it! Jesus.”

“It’s just a little penguin, what’s wrong with it?!”

They were fighting over a sweater. A fluffy, red thick sweater that had a fat penguin right in the middle of it. Yunho saw it in the mall, decided to buy it—and now he wanted Jaejoong to wear that for Junsu’s Christmas party. Simple.

But Jaejoong made it much more complicated. “What’s wrong with it?” He gaped, pointing at the ridiculous animal with incredulous eyes, “You want me to wear a ing fat penguin on my chest?”

“Stop calling it fat!” Yunho yelled back childishly, grabbing the sweater from his hands. “It’s cute! Why are you so embarrassed?”

“Everyone’s going to laugh at me for wearing it,” Jaejoong shook his head furiously. He would do anything for his precious baby lover—but not wear a freaking penguin sweater. A sweater with a tiny penguin pattern would have been much better, but not one with the giant animal smack dab in the middle.

“No, they would love seeing you wearing something other than suits and blazers and shirts.” Yunho denied, trying to persuade the raven, “They’ll thank me. Everyone’s going to think you’re so so so cute—“

“I don’t want to be cute!” Jaejoong whined. Yunho rolled his eyes when the other male predictably pulled the t-shirt he was wearing off, and pointed dramatically at his abs, “You think these are cute?” He flexed his biceps, winking, “Or these?” Yunho glared, and he smirked. “No baby, they’re not cute. They’re y. That’s what I am.”

“Conceited douchebag,” Yunho spat, before turning around with a huff and leaving. Jaejoong sighed, crossing his arms against his chest.

 

“Wanna put some music on?” Jaejoong murmured, glancing over at his not-so-cheery lover as he drove. He stopped at a red light and then suddenly smiled, “Hey remember that band you told me about last week?”

“Mm?” Yunho hummed, eyeing him.

“I listened to them,” Jaejoong grinned proudly, squeezing Yunho’s thigh gently. “You were right. They are good.”

“Do you finally feel bad making fun of their hairstyles now?” Yunho teased, smiling slightly. Jaejoong finally felt pleased that his lover wasn’t sulking anymore. He pressed a sweet kiss to Yunho’s cheek and left another and another, until the brunette was grinning and pushing him away shyly.

As Jaejoong stared at the most beautiful he had ever seen, he suddenly felt like a douchebag. The stoplight turned green, and as he drove, his eyes became determined. He was going to push away his pride for once. He ignored Yunho’s curious stare as he suddenly turned the car around, taking the same road back to the mansion.

 

When he came back to the car wearing a penguin sweater, Yunho’s face lit up in the most breathtaking smile.

 

“What are you doing here?”

Jaejoong turned his head to see Yunho smiling at him. He grinned back, watching his lover step into the balcony platform to him. He welcomed Yunho in his arms and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead. “You know I hate the smell of Yoochun’s deodorant. I can’t stand it. Had to get some fresh air.”

“Yes, you were turning green.” Yunho muffled his laughter in Jaejoong’s chest, grinning madly. Jaejoong sighed, pretending to be angry, but he was wearing a lovesick smile instead.

“Is dinner ready soon? I’m starving.”

“Soon. I ditched them, I was missing you.” Yunho stuck his tongue out which Jaejoong smiled at, pinching his nose. “You look so cute, I swear. I haven’t seen anything cuter.” He smoothed out the fabric of the thick sweater and beamed. “So cute. Especially how you tucked the bottom into your pants.”

Jaejoong smirked, hugging his lover close. “You’re a little brat. Did you see everyone giggling at me?”

“Mm, but they kept asking to take a picture of you to upload it on Facebook. They love you wearing this.” Yunho nuzzled their faces together. They stayed in a blissful silence until Jaejoong broke it, kissing him gently and murmuring,

“Merry Christmas, baby. I love you.”

Yunho blushed, hugging him tighter. “I love you too. Merry Christmas.” Their lips met in another loving kiss, away from the loudness of the party and Yoochun’s deodorant.