Chapter Three

Bella Luna
Bella Luna
Chapter Three
By: Sharl





If Siwon thought that Yunho being angry with him was a bad experience, it was nothing compared to what the Marrook did to him. Yunho gave him a punch and very harsh warning, but apparently Kangin didn’t share the same courtesy towards him. 

The moment Siwon stepped into the Marrook’s house; he was immediately slammed into the door. He could hear the door cracked beneath his werewolf muscles, but then there were fingers tightening around his neck, pressing to the point he was gasping for breath. 

No one stopped the Marrook as Kangin spoke in low, dangerous voice. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you right this ing now.”

Siwon couldn’t think, let alone speak. His own wolf was whimpering at the back of his consciousness, obviously scared less by the dominance and obvious anger in Kangin’s voice. Siwon didn’t need to look up to know that Kangin must have a golden glow around his eyes. He then whined submissively, eyes looking downwards to avoid direct eye contact with the Marook. He would’ve tilted his neck in submission if he could.

“I never expected you to be so stupid.” The hand tightened and Siwon let out a choke.

“Kangin, this is not helping.”

“You have read the report, Leeteuk, his mate is one ed up son of a .”

A sigh. “That he is. But again, this is not helping.”

Siwon could felt his body shook from fear. But his wolf, keening at the back of his mind, bristled at the insult about his mate, their mate. An annoyed growl escaped him before Siwon could clamp it down. Almost immediately Kangin’s hand tightened even more.

The dominance in the room increased and almost every wolf cowered in fear. The only one who still stood was only Leeteuk and even Yunho himself had to grab nearest wall in order to keep standing. Kangin was ing scary when he was mad. And Siwon, being in the center of that anger was so screwed.

After what seemed like forever, Kangin finally withdrew his grip. Siwon doubled up instantly, choking and gasping for much needed breaths. His neck would be so bruise tomorrow morning and Siwon doubted even high turtleneck would’ve covered them up. He might have needed to take some time off from the hospital.

“How much do you know about that mate of him?” Kangin asked Yunho, who was still not looking directly to the Marook.

“Only that his name is Kyuhyun and he wanted to tear his brain out earlier.”

“Because of his wolf?”

Yunho nodded before adding, “He’s in our house now. Junsu will help to calm him down if he needs to, and Yoochun is there to make sure everything is under control.” Normally in the situation where there is a new wolf joining the pack, the Alpha would be the one who remain behind. But this time Siwon had screwed up so ing much, Yunho needed to take Siwon to the Marook. Jaejoong joined him in case Yunho needed extra support.

At the mention of Junsu, Kangin’s anger lessened a bit. It was everyone’s first reaction whenever Junsu was around or even mentioned. Kangin and Leeteuk were the one who save Junsu from his old pack, and so they didn’t want to scare the submissive of. The habit was ingrained already.

“Maybe you should read this,” Leeteuk handed Yunho a file.

Siwon knew it contained information about his mate, and as minutes ticked by, Yunho’s expression worsened. A whimper nearly escaped Siwon’s lips. What the hell was written in that document? He was dying to know, but he was still scared less to the Marook and hadn’t moved a muscle since.

Finally Yunho sighed and looked at him. “Well then. If there is any other option left, I’d let you get to know your mate little by little, bit by bit. And I still thought that was the best option until I read this file. Your mate, Cho Kyuhyun, was the youngest oncologist from the Cho Family.”

Siwon felt all his energy left him. He himself was a pediatrician and had long heard about the Cho Family, the giant in medical business who had their hands on almost every big hospitals, including the hospital Siwon was working at. And if Kyuhyun was the youngest oncologist in that family, most likely he was also one of the candidates of the heirs. They always chose their heirs based on achievement, not by blood.

“And that’s not the reason why I say he’s one ed up son of a .”

“When he was twelve Cho Kyuhyun was taken to a private clinic treatment and stayed there for almost two years. The paper said that it’s because he had a surgery, but the clinic is actually a mental institution.”

“A what?” Siwon choked on his own saliva.

“Your mate either had suicidal tendency, was a drug addict, or he was mentally unstable.”

“Or all three,” Leeteuk added with a shrug. 

Jaejoong let out a long sigh. “He definitely thought he was crazy earlier. Nearly tore his own head off when he first realized he had a wolf inside him.”

Siwon visibly flinched. The guilty feeling now not only doubled, but quadrupled. He should’ve taken longer time to get to know his mate, to prepare him of what would come. It was bad enough for a human to get turn into a werewolf, and moreover his mate was not a normal human. Kyuhyun was a son from a very wealthy family, who apparently had been a patient at mental institution for reasons yet uncovered. It was the worst possible scenarios of all.

He had blocked their mate bond immediately after Yunho told him to. This way at least his mate wouldn’t know what was happening to him and all this mess with the Marrook. It also gave Kyuhyun a chance to reconcile himself with his own wolf if he wanted to, without any interference from Siwon. 

A mate right now would only make things worse.

You can’t. For him to know that he has a mate might be too much right now. Maybe later when he’s somewhat used with his wolf.” Yunho had said that, and Siwon, scared to make his Alpha angrier than he already was, agreed. His own wolf had immediately howled in anger. Denying their mate bond was unheard of, especially since they had mated already.

Kyuhyun was bound to realize this mate bond sooner or later, but Siwon knew that Yunho was hoping that by the time he finally does, maybe he already got a better control. And right now, it seemed to be the best choice.

“What about Minho? Has Key said yes?”

Siwon’s mind was snapped back to present condition. Somehow the conversation was no longer about him, much to his relief. They were now talking about Minho, another wolf in Yunho’s pack who was bound to mate with his human mate soon. Minho had been a good wolf. He followed every instruction and tradition to court Key, and little by little had introduced Key to what life would be when he was finally turned into one.

They had met nearly two years back when Key wanted to collaborate his designs to Minho’s clothing retail stores. It took Minho eight months to finally tell Key that he was a werewolf, and it took another two months until Key knew that he was Minho’s mate. Fourteen months later and Key still hadn’t said yes.

“Not yet, but he’s warming up at the idea,” Jaejoong answered. “He already visited the house few days ago and even spent more time with the pack already.”

“Good. Keep him under surveillance just in case.”

“We will,” Yunho nodded. “What shall we do with Cho Kyuhyun though?”

“He’s not allowed to get out of the house. Chain him and tie him up if you must, but I don’t want him to get out so that he could tell anyone he knows that we’re werewolves. Meanwhile I’ll try to sort things out at that nightclub and that hotel. You better hope not too many people saw you leaving with you mate, Choi Siwon.”


+


They drove back to the pack’s house soon after. No one spoke during the drive, Yunho was obviously still angry at Siwon, especially after discovering those facts about Cho Kyuhyun. Jaejoong also didn’t talk much, at least they didn’t seem to. Siwon wouldn’t know if the two indeed talk in their mate bond. He didn’t want to find out anyways, because he knew how messed up just everything was. He could only imagine how hard this must be for Yunho.

After all, who would want a suicidal and mentally unstable newborn werewolf in his pack?

Jaejoong’s phone rang and Siwon could hear that it was Yoohwan who called. He asked him where they were and whether they could stop to buy dinner also to let them know that Key was once again at the pack house. They ended up in a fast food restaurant and bought enough to feed almost twenty people.

It was already dark when they finally arrived at the house. Siwon struggled to bring as many bags as he could. Yoohwan came running to help. “You guys bought so much food,” he commented.

Siwon only hmm-ed and felt Yoohwan’s eyes lingered on the bruises around his neck. Yoohwan gave him an emphatic smile, but he didn’t say anything and for that Siwon was grateful. He didn’t feel ready for further interrogation from the pack members. 

Junsu was curled up in the living room, watching a movie and smiled more genuinely at Siwon. “He’s asleep,” he said before Siwon could’ve asked about Kyuhyun, “Changmin talked a lot with him earlier, they share similar interests.”

A growl unconsciously escaped Siwon’s lips. A jealousy slithered into his heart. Why could Changmin speak with Kyuhyun more than Siwon did? He was the mate damn it, not Changmin and certainly it gave him the right to be the one who made his mate comfortable before the rest of the pack members had any chance to.

“Sorry,” he heard Junsu immediately apologized.

The submissive had his eyes casted downwards, not looking at him and Siwon immediately felt bad. He didn’t mean to scare Junsu off and thank God Changmin was asleep or Siwon would be in so much trouble now. No one scared Junsu, not even a little bit, Changmin had made sure of it.

“I didn’t mean that, Su. Sorry.”

“It’s okay,” Junsu mumbled.

An annoyed presence entered the room and Siwon flinched when he caught sight of Yoochun. The Second was frowning, and no doubt he had overheard about what just happened. . Yoochun, like everyone else, had soft spots about Junsu. The submissive was the one who made the brothers stayed after another werewolf pack attacked Yunho’s because Yoochun and Yoohwan were in them. Not a lot of werewolves were tolerant towards pairs.

“You might want to check on your mate, Siwon. I heard him waking up just now.”

Siwon was a little bit surprised when it turned out that Yoochun was not angry at him. He mumbled his own thanks before bolting up the staircase and entered the room where Kyuhyun was. His heart was pounding. What should he say to his mate? Was Kyuhyun still resented him? Did Kyuhyun even remember him?

Kyuhyun was sitting up on his bed, looking at the dark scenery outside. He had seen Siwon came into the room, but he made no sign to show that he recognized the other. His hair was still tousled but he seemed calmer now. The fact that it wasn’t him who had calmed Kyuhyun down somewhat irked Siwon a bit but he clamped down at the feeling as soon as it rose. If he was not careful, the other pack members might catch a whiff of it. Or worse, Kyuhyun might sense it.

However, his heart hurt. Seeing his mate in front of him, the one he had yearned for so long, the one he had been looking for now stood just few feet away, and he was unable to touch him, brought out the longing and the ache. The fact that Kyuhyun wasn’t the ideal mate out there only made things worse.

But he’s our mate, his wolf whispered. He needs to know this.

No, Yunho said no.


His wolf growled at the back of Siwon’s conscious. Who cares what that Alpha said? Our mate deserves to know, his wolf deserves to know.

And suddenly, everything his wolf said somehow made sense. The words escaped his lips and Siwon said out of sheer stupidity, “I’m your mate.”


-End of Chapter Three-