Chapter One

Bella Luna
Bella Luna
Chapter One
By: Sharl/zielddhy





The first punch from Yunho didn’t hurt; Siwon was a werewolf after all.

What really hurt him was the disappointment he felt from Yunho. Jaejoong’s frown also didn’t make things easier. The two of them had their own way to make you feel guilty without you actually being guilty. Changmin once whispered to Siwon that the Alpha and his mate were sneaky bastards but at this point in time, Siwon didn’t think they were. They had a right to be angry.

“What have you done?”

“I wasn’t thinking.”

“Obviously, but that’s not my question,” Yunho growled, “What have you done?

Siwon swallowed heavily. He caught the movement when Jaejoong put a hand on Yunho’s back and he knew it was to calm the Alpha down. It was probably the only thing that kept Yunho from banishing him from the pack right now. 

He looked up to see that Yunho was still waiting for his answer. “I just got home from work and stopped to buy a book when I smelled his scent. And then I followed it and entered a club and before I knew it we, my wolf and me, wanted to claim him. I approached him, we talked, had few drinks and we got to this hotel and… mated,” he finished lamely. There was no easy way to put it . Yunho would see through his lies easily enough; not a good smart thing to do when your Alpha was just so ing mad.

He watched as Yunho’s eyes glinted dangerously. “And why couldn’t I sense your arousal or even when you mated? You blocked yourself from the pack.”

Siwon very nearly flinched. This was the question he was dreading of all night. He wisely chose not to answer.

“If you still have control to block yourself from the pack, then you knew exactly what you were doing,” the Alpha’s voice got perilously low. “And yet you still mated without a proper protocol. Do you even realize the consequences of your action? What it’d take for me and Kangin to cover this up?”

“Does the Marrook know about this already?” asked Siwon in disbelief. 

“He already asked me what’s going on, why am I so angry, so yes, you can be sure he already suspects something.”

The guilty feeling had now doubled. Not only did he disappoint his Alpha, but the Marrook as well. When Kangin heard about this, the first thing he’d do was to interrogate, quite literally, everything there is to know about Siwon’s mate. And that was if Siwon got lucky. If he wasn’t, then most likely Kangin would get some teeth in him.

“What do you know about him?” Jaejoong asked in calm tone. His hands never stopped rubbing Yunho’s back. 

“His name is Kyuhyun.”

“Kyuhyun…what? And what else?”

Siwon didn’t answer, mainly because he didn’t know anything else about his mate. He just knew that this man, this perfect gorgeous beautiful man was his mate, the one he had been looking for so long and finally finally finally he found him. Everything else was secondary back then. 

But now he wished things had gone differently. If only he took time to really get to know his mate. If only he cared about procedures and protocols and gently court his mate. This was wrong. This was not the right thing to do. What if his mate didn’t want him? Or worse, what if his mate didn’t want to be a werewolf? 

Waking up with an alien-like second consciousness inside your head wasn’t the best thing to start a werewolf life. That’s why some wolves took months, years to court their human mate. Minho was in nine months now and although Key had already been introduced to the pack, he wanted Key to be sure before changing him.

“Siwon,” Yunho warned him.

He gulped. “I don’t know anything else about him. His name is Kyuhyun and he’s a human. I only know that.”

The second punch would’ve landed on his face if Junsu didn’t just walk in with Changmin. All of the pack members had a particularly soft spot for him. Almost immediately when Junsu walked in, his awkward smile calmed everyone down. Yunho had even stopped growling and Siwon partly knew the reason why: the Alpha didn’t want to scare the submissive and the hostility might dig up old memories. The last thing they needed right now was a scared submissive. They brought Junsu to help calm Kyuhyun when he woke up.

Changmin was frowning, but he kept an arm protectively around Junsu, as if to shield him from the aggressiveness in the room. Ever since he and Junsu had mated, Changmin’s position had moved from the Second to the Third. Yoochun was now the Second. Siwon thought it would be a difficult for Changmin, especially since he was always the Second in Yunho’s pack. But he took it all with a smile and Siwon was so proud of Changmin. Junsu was clearly the most precious, the most important person and that was enough reason for Changmin to accept his new position.

“Yoochun is downstairs, ordering some food,” The Third said. “He will need it once he wakes up,” he gestured to the bed.

Yunho nodded approvingly. “Tell him to bring plenty of meat; a newborn wolf is always the hungriest.” 

They talked some more, but Siwon didn’t hear them. He didn’t want to. His attention was now focused on his mate, his unmoving, newly born mate. A cold tendril of fear slithered through him. Was he ready for this? Why didn’t he think things through?

A calming presence waved through the pack’s bond. Suddenly Junsu was sitting next to him and his hand touched Siwon’s shoulder. “It’ll be okay. We all make mistakes and there’s no better way out than to make up for it,” the submissive said. 

Siwon felt like tearing up. “They are angry at me,” he whispered although he knew the rest of the pack could hear his words.

“Understandable and there’s nothing else you can do,” Junsu didn’t bother to hide the truth. “It already happened. The next thing you have to figure out is what to do when your mate wakes up soon.”

“What if he doesn’t want me?”

“Then make him.”

“How?”

Changmin knelt beside him. “You already know how, you just need to put what you think into reality.” The way Changmin looked at him made Siwon felt like it was really the truth, like he was so sure, so confident that Siwon could do it. Or maybe he did, he just hadn’t realized it yet.

Junsu smiled gratefully at his mate and Siwon watched as Changmin smiled back. Their smiles were so beautiful, so precious. A slight pang of jealousy and envy went through Siwon’s heart. He wanted that. Siwon had waited so long for a mate and when he finally found him, was he going to give up just like that? Obviously not. He’d worked hard to gain his mate’s trust, to guide him so that he can adapt to a werewolf’s life. 

There was a cough from the bed. Siwon immediately whipped around to see the man on the bed, his mate¸ began to stir. He waited with bated breath as those eyes blinked sleepily, taking account to the room. There was an adorable frown on Kyuhyun’s face when he saw there was so many people in the room. The confused frown turned into a shock, pure fear as Kyuhyun began to clutch on his head, and finally there was a scream.

And Siwon knew then that his nightmare had just begun.


-End of Chapter One-