1

Not Again

I watched the city get darker, lights flickered on and soon the sun was nothing more than the bright pink, purple, and red sky. I sat in the seat and stared down outside to the streets. Cars zipped past and the soft sound of honking could be heard. A train was heard passing by and I closed my eyes.

Leaning back in my chair I gave a sigh. The tie around my neck loose and already I could feel the prickles of my unshaven face. I haven’t been home in over twenty four hours. The paper work was piling up and I couldn’t finish them, not like this. Screeching could soon be heard and outside of my office door I could hear my last coworker leaving.

“Is he still in there?”

“Nickhun, are you alright?”

A knock on a door.

“Yeah I’m fine!” I yelled back, maybe I should get myself another cup of coffee.

“Don’t overwork yourself!”

“I won’t!” Soon the remaining lights were turned off and only a soft glow of those automatic motion sensor ones that were installed last week to save money and energy stayed on. I opened my eyes and stared down the street again, the city lights were now bright. The sun had disappeared and all that was left was these lights, some moving and some flashing. The night sky was polluted, it only showed a sheet of black. The only stars left were those made by the buildings, cars, and street lights. Looking down on them seemed better than looking up, I could be flying above the stars. They danced in the darkness, people were soon leaving and about an hour later they were now crowded. People who were rushing to get home and into the safety of their homes or out clubbing.

Clubbing.

I met her at the club. Her waist and hips swayed to the side, her hair falling over her shoulders and swaying to her movement. The neon lights flashed and I could smell the perfume and clone mixed with sweat. Our eyes connected, hers were of a dark passionate brown. The dress she wore was tight against her body and it wasn’t so short, just right above her knees. Most wouldn’t want that as it hinders them from walking.

She wore leggings and heels, there was bracelets and a necklace. Her lips a dark bloody red, her eyeshadow and eyeliner brought out her eyes. She jumped and her hair seemed to bounce in the air. For some reason I couldn’t find her to be y, she looked too cute to me.

A smile graced her lips and I smiled back, the signal to come closer. She stopped and walked over to where I was sitting, once again my tie was loose and my collar ed. She sat down next to me and crossed her legs. What a tease, I’d love to rip those leggings off of her.

“Hello.” Her voice soft and soothing.

“I’m Nickhun.”

“Tiffany.”

We chatted a little, I made her laugh and we both had gotten to drunk to walk straight. Somewhere along the lines we stopped and our lips touched. Soon we were giving sloppy kissing and she pushed me in the cab. The rest of the night from then was a blur. I saw parts of hot touches and moans, some bits and pieces of scenes here and there. At least I had my desire come true.

Only I clearly remembered that I woke up to an empty bed and not even a phone number. Just a note saying, “I’m sorry.” taped onto my nightstand.

I wanted a number, that’s what I wanted, and I soon got it.

I frequented the night club again, she wasn’t there. The next night and still no sign. It was after a week when I saw her again, this time she recognized me and a flash of guilt appeared before her eyes. I didn’t care and this time joined the dance floor. Soon my hands were one her once again and I could hear her soft whispers.

“Nickhun-” I cut her off by dragging her outside. Another night and another morning waking up alone.

We repeated this process for another three weeks until she confronted me.

“Why?”

“Because.”

“Because?”

“I won’t tell.”

She glared at me before I smirked and gave her another kiss. We then repeated the same process.

Of course I was irritated with the fact that I kept waking up to an empty bed and only finding one pair of clothing crumbled on the floor. But I still tried and tried until one night she caved in.

“Go out on a date with me.”

“I can’t-”

“Give me a chance.”

“Nickhyun.”

She sighed and nodded, grabbing my phone and entering in her number. I smiled and we had set up a time and place. It was simple, a reservation for dinner and movies afterwards. Like anything that process repeated, I made her laugh and soon we became friends. That friendship would quickly end up in us with a heated make out and heated but I was fine with that.

Until it occurred to me that I really knew nothing about her.

I knew her favorite color, her favorite foods, what she does as a hobby, and what her perks were. I knew her smile and her small habits, I observed her very being but I never got to a more personal level with her. Even if I had shown mine.

I didn’t know if she had any siblings or animals in her house, where she worked or even if she worked at all.

She stayed close, her past and privacy behind a huge wall built up and I had to let curiosity get the better of me. So I asked.

“Where do you work?”

“I….Can’t say.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because?”

“I won’t tell.”

A smile formed on her lips and I knew she wouldn’t tell me. I did get mad a little but I let it slide, maybe one day she’ll tell me.

Our relationship progressed, we slowed down with the and focused more on the emotions. I brought her out to different dates and she met me during work. After the seventh month I asked her to move in with me, she rejected my offer. I persevered and in about three months she finally agreed. It didn’t fully happen till a month later.

It felt nice to wake up to her face in the morning. The lipstick gone and left with pink lips. Her eyeshadow and eyeliner gone and her natural skin shining. Her hair messy and her eyes closed. She looked a lot better than she did when I first met her.

That happiness soon disappeared. She had sat me down one day when I had come home. Our first anniversary was three months ago.

“I can’t do this anymore.”

“What?”

“Lets break up.”

Her eyes told me it all. She didn’t want to, she loved me but those words were forced out of her. It crushed my soul but I was only able to chocked out a single, “Why?”

“I don’t think this is going to work?”

And that’s when the anger pushed through me. I got up and without further notice I yelled at her. I asked a question but I asked it so many times. Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? I had thrown my curiosity away, I had spent many countless nights trying to get where we were now. I put up with the thoughts of wondering where she worked and if she even had a family. Where she’d disappear to sometimes in the night and if she had any friends. So why? It seemed so perfect so why would she want to leave me?

She only silently let the tears fall down as I yelled at her, mine also falling. She wiped them away and shook her head, finally choking out a few words.

“Because I can’t do this to you. You’re so nice and so clean, I’m so dirty.” My anger was soon stuck in my throat.

“W-what?”

“You had asked me where I worked, and that’s on the corner of a street where I sell my body.” I stood frozen, absorbing the words she was giving me. “I didn’t want to tell you because you treated me so nicely. I didn’t want to leave but I have a friend outside of the country. She can’t come because she’s sick but she wants me to save her five children. She wants me to bring them here and I didn’t know what other way to make money quickly. I haven’t even gone to college yet and I need to. I didn’t want to tell you but it kills me to know someone so clean, so nice, so pure is touching me.”

She continued to ramble, the words slowly struck me. A e, I was in love with a e. She did that for a living, she couldn’t have maybe been a stripper but a e. I didn’t know what happened after that but she soon left, she left and let me sit on the chair in shock. She just left without a goodbye or even taking her stuff.

I waited a month before I knew she wasn’t coming back. My best friend took me out to drink and brought me home sobbing and drunk. Wooyoung patted me on the back and left me to my own dismay. I had lost it all without hints all in one day.

I started to work harder and got promotions, a year passed and I was the CFO to a booming business. Soon the CEO died and I took over. The job to me was as worthless as my meaning to life. I donated as much money as I could because I had no reason to go buy a yacht. The workers who should be below me treat me like a coworker, they absolutely loved me. But what did that mean to me?

Wooyoung got married last month and his wife told me I should also find someone else. Someone who’ll fix me but I don’t want to be fixed. What’s there to be fixed when it’s all fallen to pieces?

I could have helped her, told her to stop and tell her I’d pay for the children. I’d help them come here and we could take care of them. But I didn’t, I was too shocked to do so and that was something I regretted.

I flinched as the lights completely went out.

I guess I had to really go home.

The night was still young, barely nine and I decided to go to a club nearby. I sat on the bar and ordered a few drinks before I scanned my eyes around the dancefloor. Someone caught my eye, a girl who wore a tight dress. Not too short but it hit her knees. She had short curly hair that bounced with her movements and bloody red lips. Eyeshadow that emphasized her eyes and most of all, leggings.

She stopped when she noticed me, her face having fallen. Her eyes widened and I got up, my eyes never leaving her.

I saw something but I didn’t care, there she was just standing here. Still stuck in the same place and still out partying. She still must be paying for the kids to come. I wonder if she even considered college yet.

Is it funny that I don’t even know how old she is? She just kept saying she was old enough, I could have been ing a minor! But those things didn’t register in my head as I came closer, I grabbed her arm and dragged her out. She tried to yank my arm but this time she wasn't escaping.

Not this time.

 
 
I left that open ended. So enjoy the ty one shot? /I'm sorry if there's any mistakes I didn't proofread it since I'm so tired. And uh.....yeah. Comments?