Hello ?

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I did as Jongin said and didn't go back home. I just stayed in Chanyeol's house all silent , I actually couldn't speak up and tell him the truth, I kept quiet covering up my secret .

'Let's go buy some ice cream.' Chanyeol spoke .

'Hm? Ah...can't we stay her?' I said.

He kept silent then talked again ,'what's wrong Yeonhee?'

'No...nothing...It's just i'm worried if I didn't impress your parents...' I lied again.

'No no, don't worry about that!They're all the time acting like that!Besides, you didn't say much...' He looked at me ,'You didn't tell me about your mother actually...' He then held my hand .

Unconsciously I took off my hand and looked away : 'It's not something interesting to talk about...' I said and stayed silent.

I heard him sighing, trying to find something to talk about until I spoke up : 'Let's go to the mall, I'm bored.'

He suddenly jumped off of his place and beamed from ear to ear and said : 'Yeah ok let's go !'

Am I the only one who feels that Chanyeol is a bipolar ? Sometimes he looks serious and sometimes he looks so childish .

We went together to the mall & kept on eye shopping  . Chanyeol kept nagging about buying me a dress but I totally refused; I don't want to keep something from a boy as a souvenir , except for Jongin's stuff ...Speaking of Jongin , I remembered that I had to call him to check on the house.

'Chanyeol...I'm thirsty. Could you please buy me a drink , I forgot my wallet at home.' I said.

'Yeah of course! You want Bubble tea?' He asked.

'Sure why not?' I faked a smile

While he was on his way to the shop across the place where I was sitting , I took my phone out of my bag and called Jongin.

'What's going on?' I said as soon as he picked up.

'Doll?Who are you ?' I heard a girl's voice from the other line .

'Who are you?' I responded with the same question.

'I'm Jongin's girl...oh I know you' Soojung said when she recognized my voice .

'Where's Jongin?' I said coldly .

She sighed then called out Jongin : ' Jongin-ah , your doll is on the phone!'

I heard quick foot steps and then Jongin's voice from the other line .

'Oh hey...' He said timidly.

'You let your girlfriend pick up your phone?' I angrily said.

'Sorry ...'

'Are they gone?' I asked.

'Yeah ... few minutes ago ... When you'll be on your way home , call me I'll come to take you from the park.'

'Ok...I have to go.' I hung up the phone when I saw Chanyeol coming my way .

'Here's your bubble tea.Enjoy it!' He handed it to me and sit next to me .

'Thanks' I timidly said .

'You were calling who ?' He suddenly said .

'Hm? Oh ... Hyemi ...She called me.'I lied again .
'Ok...' He sounded like he didn't buy it .

We stayed quiet from a period of time until I decided to talk about my mom to let him feel comfortable.

'About mom ...It's weird to talk about someone I barely remember ...' I sighed .

'It's ok Yeonhee ... IF you don't want to talk about it , that's fine for me.' He confessed.

'You're my boyfriend now , Chanyeol ... You need to know right?' 

He looked down his cup and then spoke again , 'It's good to see you treating me like a boyfriend ... I'm all listening.' He focused his eyes on me .

'Mom left home with no reason when I was 5 . All I know is her face , her name and the country she went to which Japan.' I stopped talking so I won't cry while remembering her , 'That's all I know about her ... Dad never talked to me about her ... but one day I'll find her and talk to her and ask her about the reason whyshe left me ...' I confessed then looked down .

'It's hard to get ... You should be stronger than this , Yeonhee ... Maybe she had a reason to leave .' He patted my shoulder , 'Even she's not here to protect you, you have me right now.'

I looked at him and found him smiling brightly at me . Maybe We're not that close ... Maybe we're not acting like a couple but I feel like someday , he'll make me forget about my love to Jongin & let me like him more .

I smiled back and stayed quiet for a while . We finished our drinks and got up to keep walking around the mall .

Time was flying and I didn't realize that we went together to different places and It was actually 6 pm. We got inside of the car .

'You want to go the movies with me ?' Chanyeol said as soon as he got on his seat .

'Well ... um ... I can't ... Dad will get worried about me actually.' I was getting used to lying now.

'Oh...yeah you're right It's getting darker now.' He faked a laugh .

'Just drive me home ,please .'

He the radio and that was Demi Lovato's song "Nightingale" . What a perfect song to the mood . My mind flew away with the song,thinking about all

the things that were happening around me:people getting inside of my house , having heavy feelings for my best friend , having a caring boyfriend that I still don't like him back ... Why is this happening me ?

I didn't know that I was finally in front the park near my neighborhood until Chanyeol snapped his fingers in front of my face to wake me up .

'Were you asleep?' He asked

'No...Just thinking...Anyways , thank you for today ,Chanyeol.It means a lot to me.' I smiled from my heart and I meant what I said for the first time .

'No ...Thank you Yeonhee. You're cute when you smile , you know?' He ruffled my hair just like a child .

I smiled one last time and got off th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter