Or should I ?

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What a long day I spent in the restaurant all alone , even Kyungri –the girl who works with me- didn’t come . People come and go , families are laughing happily , couples are snuggling together , teenagers are acting cutely & I’m right there watching them .

Finally , it was time to go home. I wore my coat , put on my scarf : it’s a gift from Jongin’s mother . I sometimes feel like she’s my 2nd mother or maybe mom calls her to make sure I’m ok … I’m too dreamy right ? thinking that mom still remembers me …

I plugged in my ears the earphones , the music , put my hands on my coat’s pockets , closed my eyes to flow with the sweet music and started walking in that cold street all alone .

 I opened my eyes to see what’s in front of me but all I can see is the empty place and a tall shadow behind me . My heart started beating fast , I got scared because this is my first time walking home by myself : sometimes I go home with Kyungri or Jongin drops by to get a snack and then we go home together .

I started walking in a fast way but so as the person behind me . I wanted to scream but I froze when this person put his arm around my shoulder . I looked down , I didn’t want to see his ert face until I heard him saying :
‘too scared my doll?’ He giggled .

I looked to him and it was Jongin .

‘No ‘, I glared at him and quickly hit him on his stomach . He screamed from pain and took off his arm of me .

‘I thought you miss me” he pouted .

‘miss you?’ I raised my eyebrow, ‘we didn’t see each other for just one day’ I started walking ignoring him .

‘ok ok wait for me’ , he ran to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder , ‘well I miss you’ , he held me closer .

‘yeah right …’

‘what are you listening to ?’ he took my left earphone and put it on his ear, ‘ah Yiruma again ? this dude is lame! Bet you love someone that’s why you’re listening to this !’ he said sarcastically while smirking.


I eyed him and was about to hit him again until he held my other hand and said : ‘ok ok I’m kidding , stop hitting me’

‘Good boy’ I smirked and put my earphones back again .
We kept walking , we didn’t talk , we didn’t do anything . I like it when im surrounded by him , he thinks he’s protecting me while I think “Oh sweet lord, it’s amazing to be in someone’s arms.”

We made a U turn while the streets kept quite . I wanted to break the silence .

‘Someone came to the restaurant today’

‘who ? Chanyeol? ‘ , He chuckled

‘No …’ , I gave him that poker face.

‘Then who?’

‘You guess … someone that you like’

He gasped and looked at me : ‘ Don’t tell me Soojung!’

‘Yes ! your cold-like-ice princess ! I still don’t get it ...’

He didn’t let me finish my sentence : ‘I bet she looks hot in a Sunday morning ‘

I gave him that disgusted look and took off his arm which was still around me . Of course I don’t like it when he started talking about her ‘she looks like a trash!’

‘Yeah right ! I’m sure you’re just jealous of her because your protector is in love with her’ He pinched my cheek .

‘Ew no ! me ? jealous ? of who ? Soojung ? I don’t even know why do people call her “Krystal” ? ‘ , I said while walking in front of Jongin .

He kept talking to himself as if I’m listening . Of course I don’t like her because she is Jongin’s muse , his favorite girl in high school .

Soojung , also known as Krystal . She’s at the same age as us . She came from the US when we were 14. All the girls looked at her as a role model & all the boys wanted to get her . Me … I didn’t like her since the day she came .

Jongin was so obsessed with her , even though he was the one that stands out of all the boys in our school . He asked her out after 10 days she came and she turned him down .

After 2 weeks , he asked her out again and she said yes . I’m pretty sure she only wanted to play hard to get . Krystal and I never talked to each other even if we have Jongin in common . He tried too many times to get us together but in vain .

Yes , I don’t like her because she took “my protector’ away but at the same time , she made me realize that I love Jongin . When he was dating her , he actually didn’t have time to hang out with me .

When I come to his house to sleep over , he sometimes tells me “ah today I will go out with Krystal to the Karaoke “ or he uses me by telling me “Dolly, please sleep in my bed so mom won’t know that I’ll come home late , Krystal wants us to go to the movies” .

Such a 2-month hard time I got … They broke up after 2 months and she was the one who decided that , she told Jongin that “they don’t fit each other”. She’s weird right ? But thank God I got my best-friend back .

I didn’t notice that we reached our neighborhood until Jongin snapped me out of my thoughts : ‘You’re going to your house?’

‘uh ? yeah ? I’ll go change , bring the books and I’ll come to your house . See you’

‘ok ! bye !’

I went home and as usual , It was dark .Dad didn’t come so I was sure he was with his friends , gambling and flirting with women , like always .

 I changed my clothes , packed my bag with books and pencils and was about to leave my room when I heard the front door got opened ; It was my father … which means I have to take some pajama with me .

I got down stairs without looking to where dad was sitting until I heard him talk :

‘where are you going?’

I didn’t respond .

‘Jongin’s house ?’

‘As if you care … ‘ I didn’t even look at his face . I grabbed the knob of the front door to open it and leave , he spoke again :

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter