Consequences

Into the Ocean

A splash broke the surface of the water, and a large twitchy object soon began to sink. Sehun could only watch, enthralled, as the human flailed, slowly dropping to the bottom of the shallow waters. Sure he had heard of humans, but he never knew the were so inept at something he did every second of his life. He also never knew that humans were this... breathtakingly beautiful. The human and Sehun's eyes met, a silent call for help leaving the man's mouth as bubbles cascaded to the surface. His eyes were frantic, and in that moment Sehun knew he would regret this moment for the rest of his life if he left the man to drown.

Sehun propelled himself forward, determined to not let something so beautiful end. His arms wrapped around drowning man's waist and he brought him up to the surface, only releasing his grip when the man's hands were gripping the side of the boat. The man pulled himself, his companions worried.

"Chanyeol! Are you okay?"

"Hehe... sorry 'bout that. Forgot you couldn't swim."

Chanyeol blocked out Xiumin and Chen's concerns, instead staring into the water. The lack of oxygen must have made him mad, but he still was unwilling to believe that the 'thing', whatever it was, was only a part of his imagination. The only consolation Chanyeol had was the glimmer of pink hued scales as the thing that saved him swam further into the waters.

.   .   .

Sehun saw the glimmer of something in the water, near to where he had saved the man just seconds before. He came closer adn realized it was the glasses that the man had been wearing. He grabbed them then hurried off to tell his brother of the human he just saw. He found his brother, his voice sending ripples through the water. His light pink hair that they both inherited from their mother swayed in the light current of the water.

"Luhan! You'll never believe what happened... I saw a human!"

Sehun was stopped short as Luhan turned, his eyes blazing after hearing the word human.

"You what?! Did it see you? You do know the consequences of letting a human know of our existence, right?"

Sehun was struck silent as he remembered what would happen if a human ever saw one of them. A long time ago, humans used to hunt merfolk because they believed they were evil. This stemmed in the merfolk a deep hatred of the human race, and they went into hiding from them, to ensure the safety of their race. If any human saw them the one seen by the human would have to go on land and make sure that the human stayed silent.

.   .   .

The consequences.

Sehun had forgotten about them, and this was exactly how he, and his brother (who tagged along to make sure his brother, who could be a little on the denser side of things, didn't get into trouble.) were on land. They had no idea how to find the man that Sehun had saved, much less keep him quiet, though Kris's father was rather adamant on... silencing him. When Kris's dad had heard about the whole ordeal both brothers feared for their own lives. Just thinking about the man sent shivers down Sehun's back. No wonder where Kris got his unapproachable aura from. So here they were, two extremely awkward boys who still walked funny from having only begun to walk on their new legs. It was rather unfortunate that both had absolutely no sense of direction, and couldn't for the life of them, find the hotel the man had directed them to.

Luhan seemed to be rather upset about the whole situation, but Sehun could only think to himself that it was Luhan's fault for having such a formidable set of lungs that everyone had heard about the human he had saved. So Sehun... couldn't exactly force himself to feel any guilt at all for what had happened. He thought it was just an adventure to learn from, tell stories to his friends when he got back, but seeing as Luhan was highly distrustful of anything with legs, he doubted this would be fun.

After wandering for what felt like hours, they finally found the hotel. The second they got into their room they collapsed onto the bed, still not used to walking.

"Luuuu~ I'm starving..." Sehun whined for food, Luhan only rolling his eyes as he picked himself up.

"Fine, let's go see what humans eat."

They found the closest restaurant and bought some ramen from the small ramen shop.. They had no need to worry for money as they had plenty from the sea, though it did seem kind of weird when they paid for everything with old and outdated coins. Their waiter who had the largest eyes Luhan had ever seen only gave them a weird look when they paid for the meal. He later introduced himself as D.O. and asked where they were from. They only narrowly avoided the question as another waiter came.

"Oh, D.O. stop interrogating them. So what if you've never seen them before. Let them eat." D.O only rolled his eyes before walking away.

"Hey, I'm Xiumin" He said, reaching out his hand.

They introduced themselves, before they left the ramen shop and strolling around, looking aimlessly for the guy who had been saved.

"What did he even look like, Sehun? Ugh. Why are we even here. I mean we have no way of finding him."  Luhan continued his pessimistic rant until Sehun replied, a dreamy look on his face.

"He had such nice, brown eyes.... and really curly hair. Oh and he was tall. Like... really tall-" Sehun's fangirling was interrupted by Luhan as he smacked his head.

"You like him, don't you? I can not believe this! Seriously..." he stopped as he saw Sehun begin to blush. Sehun quickly reciprocated.

"Yeah, well at least I wasn't staring at our waiter's the whole time!" Luhan only scoffed as Sehun began again.

"What was his name again?"

"Xiumin." Luhan responded maybe a little too quickly as Sehun gave him an 'I told you so' look.

They went straight to bed when they reached their hotel room. Maybe the next day would be more fruitful.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Okay..... I AM SO SORRY!  Like seriously... that was probably the worst thing that i have ever written... and im sorry for it being so freaking short. /dies/  i am so sorry!!! ahhh and everyone who had subscribed... really sorry. /prays fervently anyone won't unsubscribe/ /goes back to corner to crey some more/ i will do better on the next update.... i promise. And next chapter sehun and luhan will meet chanyeol for real this time... and lots of xiuhan. *winks* please leave a comment so that i don't like..... kill myself at the horror of the nonsense that i have just spewn... /creys/ I LOVE YOU ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING.... even though i didn't even update for like... a year. Bless you. bless your soul.