Final

I don't mean it, okay?

It was after seventh period, and Jinri shut her locker after taking out her backpack to go home. She walked over to Jongin's locker, and greeted him a simple hi. Every day, the two walk out of school together, before separating their ways of going home. Today was no different.

"Hi," greeted Jinri.

Jongin looked up at her while putting his stuff in his backpack.

"Ewh at your face," replied Jongin while procceeding to finish up.

It was such a simple comment, but Jongin had been saying that so much more to her face lately. As well as calling her a out of nowhere. 

Jinri's face dropped, but she played it off with a laugh.

"You know you could be hurting my self esteem right now?" Jinri said jokingly, although she actually meant it.

"I already have a low self esteem, it's okay," Jongin replied.

Jinri's heart ached a little because Jongin is absolutely stunning, but she, herself was hurt that he hadn't even acknowledged how she would've felt about him saying that to her.

"My dad already picks on my self esteem anyway, I don't need you to be doing it to me either," Jinri mumbled.

She looked away, and all of a sudden a tear came down her face. His comment really did hit her hard, even though it wasn't something that was extremely hurtful. Jongin heard what she mumbled and looked over at Jinri, seeing her staring at the ground.

He grabbed his backpack out of his locker and grabbed her chin to force him to look up at him. Immediately, Jinri started to wipe her eyes, surprised at his sudden action.

Jongin was shocked to see tears all of a sudden. He then realized how much he had been affecting her, and he felt awful.

Jinri laughed while wiping her tears, "I'm sorry, this is embarrassing."

Jongin pulled Jinri into a hug, "No Jinri, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that my comments would actually affect you so much." 

He pulled away from the hug and continue to wipe her tears.

"I really, really, really, hope you know that I don't mean it at all. I do this to everyone, and you should know that you're absolutely beautiful. I mean that. Don't every listen to my words when I call you mean things, or when I comment about your face. Disregard it, it's just something I do to everyone and a part of my personality. Although I wish I was a little nicer, but I absolutely do not mean it, okay?"

Jongin shut his locker, and dragged Jinri alongside him so they could walk together.

"Look, I'll even prove it to you right now!"

Jongin saw one of his friends, Sehun walking ahead of them.

"Sehun! Hey, Sehun!"

Sehun turned around.

" you," Jongin said and stuck up his middle finger.

Sehun laughed, "Hi Jongin," and waved at him before turning back around to continue on his way.

Jongin looked at Jinri and saw her tears were gone, and she was laughing a little bit.

"See? He knows I don't mean it. You should remember that too, okay?"

Jongin then saw Soojung walking in front of them, and yelled out her name.

Soojung turned around, "You're ing ugly," said Jongin.

Soojung gasped, "Wait, what did I do wrong? What?"

Jinri chuckled a little more and told her, "He's trying to prove a point to me."

Jongin smiled at Jinri, then turned his head to Soojung, "You know I don't mean it, right?"

Soojung replied, "Well yeah, you're like this to everyone! You just suddenly took me off guard, that's all."

Soojung then walked off while Jongin and Jinri headed down the stairs.

"You see Jinri, I do this to everyone and you especially should not take it to heart. I'm so sorry for making you cry, and remember that I think you're beautiful, okay?"

Jongin smiled once again at Jinri and gave her a hug goodbye.

"Okay Jongin, I'll try to remember that," she mumbled into his shoulder.

They each let go of the hug before waving goodbye and going off their separate ways.

-

word count ; 688

omg I'm sorry for how ty and possibly overdramatic this is. like this happened to me before at school with the guy I like, except he wasn't as sweet about it as Jongin, annnnnnnd I didn't cry lol. I mean it did hurt a little and I was starting to wonder whether he actually meant it or not, so I asked him, and he then kept trying to prove his point by doing that to others, just to make sure I knew he really didn't mean any of the things he says to me that are mean. which I thought was sweet of him because it showed he cared. he also swears a lot too, which explains some of the profanity that literally comes out of nowhere from Jongin. also, when we hugged, he never said anything like that to me of the sort either lol. I hope you guys enjoyed this crappy oneshot/drabble??

- lostinsecurities