Happily No Redhead After

Operation: Bury the Red Flag!

Jongin had not been born brilliant, that’s a fact his parents had accepted a long time ago (as if his SAT results weren’t proof enough). But it doesn’t really need to take a brilliant boy to know that there is something wrong in his condo when Thursday afternoon he comes home to a significantly quiet living quarters. A house never goes quiet when you’re living with Oh Sehun.

“Sehun?” Dropping his briefcase on the carpeted floor, he takes off his shoes (because Sehun would throw a fit if not) and pads curiously towards the kitchen. It looks the same, plates are stacked neatly on the dish drainer, their couple mug—

Where the hell is their couple mug?

Sitting at the corner of the sink is his lone Patrick mug (Jongin argued that Patrick and Spongebob are not a couple, but Sehun insisted he ships them nonetheless) and Sehun’s SpongeBob mug is nowhere to be found. That’s odd because even though basically Sehun is just using his own SpongeBob mug, he’ll pour coffee on Jongin’s mug too, just because he can. Because apparently, if there’s a coffee in his mug, it’s imperative that there’s a coffee in his partner’s mug too. It doesn’t make sense but Jongin just shrugs at it.

Maybe he just took it in to the bedroom. He decides to just shrug it off and proceed to their room. It's eerily quiet, and even though Jongin longed for the silence and tranquility, it just doesn't seem right like this. It's supposed to be Sehun lighting up the house now that they're together. He knows his boyfriend doesn't have a pictorial today, unless he has other plans (plans that he didn't inform Jongin about and somehow it stirs something at the pit of his stomach but he's not gonna dwell on that) then that’s subject for a major discussion.

 

"Sehun?" The door to their room is ajar, the light peeking out from the space where it’s parted. He heaves a breath of relief because Sehun is home hallelujah. He's sure he's home, because he can hear him shuffling stuff in their room. He can hear drawers flying open and hangers getting thrown around. He can only imagine the state of the room is in (as always, like a hurricane just passed by it).

If Sehun ever heard him approaching, he had chosen to ignore him.  There are no welcome home kisses and hugs and smooches. He pouts inwardly but pushes the door open to give him coming home smooches instead.

To his surprise, the room is the exact opposite of what he had expected it to be. The bed is neatly made; the bedside table of Sehun, which was always crowed, is now empty. There are stacks of plastic white containers on the side where clothes are evidently folded and the hangers are all collected in the hamper beside Sehun's mirror. Everything is neat and clean because all of Sehun's stuff is packed up. He casts a nervous glance towards his boyfriend. "What’re you doing babe?”

 

It's impossible for Sehun not to hear him, considering, he's just three steps away from where he was bagging Jojo the hipopotamus, Jongin's 3rd month present to him. He's forcing the poor animal in the little bag and Jongin's heart cries out for it. He remembers the time Sehun puts his head in a tote bag because he was caught checking out a redhead model and Jojo might be feeling the same way right now, being stuffed and all.... he shivers at the thought.

 

"Hey babe, you're killing Jojo," he laughs lightly and reaches out to attempt to squeeze the model's shoulders. But before his palm could touch the fabric of his flannel, Sehun whirls around and whacks him with Jojo's . "You shut up or I'll kill you instead of Jojo!" His face is red with anger and his eyes are puffy from what could only be crying. Jongin frowns in confusion. He only gets this reaction from Sehun when he's jealous or angry, (anger is mainly caused by jealousy) and he doesn’t remember doing anything to elicit this kind of reaction from his lover.

 

"What did I do this time?" He whines (because apparently Sehun gets so pissed when he whines, he forgets what the actual problem is). It doesn't work this time though and Sehun just proceeds to stuff Jojo into his bag of demise. Jongin wonders what Jojo ever did to deserve this. All he had been was this cute hippopotamus that had gladly been Sehun's shoulders to cry on when Jongin is too tired to listen to him whine.

 

Apparently, Sehun finally realises that Jojo's gigantic head won't fit the tote bag he's forcing him into and just throws the poor stuffed animal on the floor in frustration. Great, that means the frustration will now be directed to no other than....

 

"You ask me what you did wrong!" He jabs a finger at Jongin's chin. Jongin tries not to laugh because Sehun does tend to be over dramatic and repeat things that had just been said.

 

Sehun looks at him with anger and hurt in his eyes and he can tell that it takes every effort for him not to cry. His lips are trembling like a is inside it and his eyes are rimmed red.

The elder takes this as his cue to take things seriously. "Hey, what is it? Does anything hurt? Did I forget something? Is it our anniversary? Weeksary? Monthsary?"

 

"No, you !" he screams right at Jongin's face. If Sehun notices the splashes of saliva now all over his boyfriend's face, he doesn’t say anything about it. Jongin is too dumbstruck to even comment about it. He discreetly wipes it off.

 

Sehun begins talking. "I knew you like redheads—" he starts. Jongin tries not to sigh and grumble not this again.

 

"But I thought my charming personality and my good looks and my amazing skills in bed and my soft armpit and my wonderful mouth for both kissing and and my footjob and all of the amazing qualities in me are enough to make you stay, but apparently, you'll still choose any redhead even if they are boring or narcissistic or delusional as long as they are red. head!" Sehun spits the word redhead like how Superman will spit Kryptonite that can bring him to his demise (not that Superman ever swallowed one but still). Jongin opens his mouth to speak but apparently Sehun isn't done with his redhead-rant yet and he's smart enough not to interrupt Sehun mid-rant.

 

"So I tried to dye my hair to achieve the kind of red that you might have wanted. I tried, Jongin, I really tried. Because even if you don't say it, I can see it in your eyes. You long for the red hair that you always had and I—" this time, Sehun could not take it in anymore, he breaks down on the floor, sobbing.

Jongin might have laughed because damn my boyfriend ain't just a model, but also an actor. Deep down, he knows he is really hurt, because at the back of his mind, he knows what he said is true. Sometimes, just sometimes, he thinks it's nice to be buried in the of a redhead again, to feel their soft, wild curls on his face and in his hands, to have them scratching his back during . But then he thinks hard about it—he thinks about Sehun's smiles and his pinks lips and him clinging like a koala despite his long, lanky limbs. Suddenly, exchanging a redhead for Sehun is just not worth it anymore. He nibbles his lower lip in guilt.

 

"Sehun, I'm sorry, I like them still, true. But I—" he tries lamely but Sehun is having none of it.

 

"I'm done, Jongin." He says with a tone and air of finality. Jongin opens his mouth to speak but Sehun’s drowns his voice out.

"You're really handsome and amazing in bed even if you drool in your sleep and your armpits are never smelly I can live in it and I really thought we had something beautiful and I really sort of loved you but you're such a redhead and I'm sorry so sorry my mom isn't a redhead and I'm—" he pauses to sniffle loudly and obviously.

 

"I'm leaving."

 

Jongin is too flabbergasted to even appeal to Sehun, or to ask him if he already has a car to take him to wherever he's going, or if this is officially a break up (apparently, it's not break up unless he hears the word 'I'm breaking up with you') or if he at least wants to dinner date with him before he goes. He just sits there ton the spot where Sehun left him, and drools like a big dumb baby because he might just have let the greatest man on earth alive walk out of his life without a word. And it's all because of his stupid, ludicrous, dumb for redheads.

 

 

--

 

"He just dumped me!" Are the first words that come blasting through the speakers of Kyungsoo’s phone. It’s awfully loud and unprofessional and Kyungsoo is trying to talk to a client (yep while on the phone with Jongin because apparently this stupid redhead obsessed of a friend of his won’t let up until. he. talks. to. him). The client frowns at him and but he easily flashes the cutest of cute smile, his heart shaped lips being emphasized. The client forgets about the weird sound and proceeds explaining his proposal to Kyungsoo.

 

Do Kyungsoo, representative for PRADA and VERSACE New York, really really wants to hear the client’s proposal but Kim Jongin makes it awfully impossible for when his wireless earpiece are spurting strings of profanities and incoherent noises and wails and cries and other disturbing noises.

 

He gives up and holds up a finger to shush the client. This is impossible. He cannot serve two masters at once.

 

“Mr. Hyde, I’m sorry,” The client, evidently flabbergasted on what went wrong with his perfectly practiced speech (duh he sounded like reciting a poem 2.0) looks up and blinks at him. “Mr. Do?”

 

“I’m going to review your proposal and I’m going to call you upon seeing your terms and conditions. I want to make sure that both of us will benefit on this partnership.” He musters the most professional tone of voice ever, pairing it with a killer smile.   Besides, he couldn’t really argue with Kyungsoo’s logic. He does have a point but really, Kyungsoo just needs to get away ASAP.

 

The client gives him a pat on the back. “I’ll look forward to hearing from you.”  Kyungsoo gives an awkward laugh.

 

And now, “WTF Kim Jongin I just ditched a client okay what do you want me to do it serves your pretty because you gotta realise your redhead doesn’t even make sense for ’s sake.”

 

This seems to have silenced the younger businessman on the other line. Kyungsoo pumps a fist in the air in triumph. But then Jongin groans. And it’s just another sign that Kyungsoo is in for another rant of his life.

 

“First, I knew you had always fancied my and therefore checked out how pretty it was and I’d like to say, thank you, I’m flattered. Second, my makes sense all right. You had for -shaped ice on bars and you don’t even want the real thing. Third, help me get Sehun back, please and thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs in defeat because it’s impossible arguing with an idiot. Especially if said idiot was the guy he used to check the out until he realizes he had this weirdest for red heads. And it’s not as if he can get him to shut up about this issue. God. Damn. It.

 

“Okay so there’s only one thing you needed to do. You need to get to the bottom of this to solve the issue. Otherwise, say goodbye to your Sehun. Forever.”

 

Jongin’s answer comes a heartbeat later, and he sounds so serious on the other line Kyungsoo got scared they might screw it over. “Okay what do I need to do?”

 

“Get rid of your once and for all.”

 

--

 

The saying ‘easier said than done’ should be taken more seriously, in Jongin’s opinion. Un-liking something you liked since the beginning of your existence is like trying to take out a booger at the edge of your nose only to realise it’s a mole. It’s almost impossible. (Almost, Baekhyun, another friend, argued. Because apparently, there’s the power of surgery)

 

“So I’ve done a research on everything gross about redheads,” Baekhyun announces eagerly, shaking a paper right in front of his face. The troubled male eyes it warily.

 

“Redheads are mutants!” Baekhyun announces. Jongin’s distress heightens as he shares the same room with this guy Baekhyun. He didn’t know him for long. But Kyungsoo promised he would help and that he’s someone they could trust. He raised an eyebrow to that, especially since he caught the elder checking the blond’s out. He doesn’t trust Kyungsoo’s judgment when good looking asses are involved. It tends to cloud the rational part of him.

 

“What the hell do you mean mutants?” Jongin demands, twirling the phone on his hand in agitation. He sent about 50 love text messages to Sehun but had never gotten a response. He seems to be on the blacklist too, because his calls won’t go through. (even though he knows he’s reading all his iMessages because he didn’t turn of Read you know) His heart beats sadly.

 

Baekhyun reads more nonsense stuff to him like redheads get bald easily and redheads produce their own Vitamin D isn’t that weird but he focuses on his iPhone.

Babe I love you like a lovesong.

Babe I’m trying to smell your tshirt like?

With nothing but your tshirt on~~

Patrick sits alone in the sink :((

You’re right. Patrick and SpongeBob might be having some love affair off set.

I’m gonna buy another hippo. Do you like hippos? Do you like dumbo better?

Sehuna =((((

I love you babe.

I really really really really miss you

I promise I won’t fart when you’re me anymore.

Come back to me baby I promise you can put blindfold on me whenever redheads are around.

His heart breaks with every unreplied message he sends.

--

 “Are you sure this is going to work,” Jongin non-asks, eyeing the bar warily. He is dressed in one of the fanciest clubbing outfit Kyungsoo and Baekhyun can throw him into—hair waxed into spikes, leatherette jacket accentuating the hard muscles of his upper body, tight-fit pants hugging his legs like second skin, with black laced combats boot to match. Overall, he looks stunning. He questions the point of it all because Sehun isn’t there to see him.

“Okay, he is a natural redhead,” Baekhyun snaps a finger in front of him, taking him off his Sehun daydreams. He shoots him a glare.

“You have to immune yourself. You have to remember all the gross things I told you about redheads.”

“What gross things?” Jongin demands, scratching his nape because the fabrics are scratchy. Stupid Baekhyun. Stupid Kyungsoo. Stupid world for making him go through all this.

“Gross, like being a mutant! Or getting hurt easily! Or having less tolerance for pain! Or their blading head!” Baekhyun throws his hands in the air in exasperation, as if he’s the one ready to go bald from the stress of Jongin’s dilemma. The tanned male means to say that nothing is really gross about those things, but doesn’t want to upset him more so he nods.

“Okay, okay.”

The elder opens the van like some action movie ready to raid the bar. He pushes him off and slaps his . It jiggles.

Jongin squeaks and throws him a look.

 “Go kill a redhead!” he pumps a fist in the air, and one redhead lady in a pencil dress on her way to the door of the club, glares meaningfully at the both of them.

This is why he hates blonds.

--

Jongin is probably on his third glass of Margarita but he still cannot get this guy to talk. He doesn’t even know what his voice sounds like. Maybe high pitch like all others?

He is cute, really (when is a redhead not attractive to him anyway) with milky skin and two deep dimples on his cheeks. But he seems to be so absent in the present world it feel like a sin to disturb him. It’s quite offensive to Jongin, that he isn’t even affected by his charms (damn the pants is so tight it shouldn’t have gone unrecognizable).

“Zhang Yixing it is?”

Yixing, who is staring into space dreamily, continues to ignore him. He is drumming his fingers on the table, his own margarita untouched.

Jongin sighs and just sips on his glass. He starts comparing this redhead to his non-redhead ex, Sehun.

Sehun doesn’t have those godly dimples. But his smile is bright and heart melting even without it. This redhead’s skin is a shade paler than Sehun’s, but it’s not that noticeable if one is not paying attention.

They are going bald, Baekhyun’s voice echoes in his head. He eyes the root of his hair to see if it’s true. The dark light the club provides makes it impossible to do a proper inspection.

So he does what he can only think of doing. He stands up and reaches out to card his fingers through his godly red hair.

This seems to have finally snap the redhead out of his reverie. “What are you doing?” he demands, eyeing Jongin suspiciously.

“Your hair,” Jongin breathes out. “I just wanna touch your hair.”

Turns out, his instincts are aware that he doesn’t just want to touch his hair. His free hand comes up to his left cheek to caress the milky skin. “It’s like baby’s .” He says dreamily.

Yixing looks too astounded to even move. He juts his lips out in a pout and puffs his cheeks out. This setup just looks like the perfect harassment scene altogether.

Jongin is just planning to poke the jutted bottom lip when he feels a push beside him, releasing the captivity of the redhead’s hair and face.

“You’re harassing the guy!” A tall male with eyebrows comparable to Cara Delevigne’s roar, his sharp jaws clenched in anger. Yixing and Jongin exchange a look (the first time he acknowledges his existence). Even the redhead seems confused.

“I’m not? We’re on a date—”

“He looks stricken when you touched him!” He insists, clamping large hand around the smaller male’s wrist. He has ash blonde hair and thick eyebrows, tall stature and aristocratic features. Overall, he looks stunning. The redhead probably notices this, because he looks up at him goofily. Jongin can practically see hearts in his eyes and flowers swirling in the background. He knows that look, because he used to have the same one in front of Sehun.

Yixing faces the taller male with a serene smile. “My knight in shining armour~” he singsongs dreamily.

“What—” Jongin starts to say.

“My name is Kris,” the man cuts him off, turning his attention to the redhead. “Is this guy bothering you? If he is, I’ll be more than happy to take you away from him.”

It really is unfair, because Yixing’s glazed eyes and out of the world demeanour is replaced with an attentive and over-excited behavior. “He’s boring. Yes, take me away please.”

Jongin doesn’t even know how it turned to this. He didn’t even do a goddamn thing.

Baekhyun might be right after all; maybe redheads aren’t all that good like he used to believe. That redhead Yixing starts acting as if David Beckham is winking in front of him.  He’s so offering himself he might as well wave his to get his point across: me me me hot blondie please.

And to make things worse, a large crowd of spectators surrounds them, watching the exchange between the three.  Jongin wouldn’t have cared about their filthy assess on most days. But most days, Sehun, the ex-boyfriend don’t appear in the same bar he is in. Or at least not anymore.

This is the first time they are seeing each other after the break up. Like an A-list Hollywood actor, the crowd parts to let him pass through. Partly because he looks like he’s ready to tear someone’s flesh using his teeth, partly because he looks gorgeous with his natural brunette hair.

Jongin feels all the margarita he drank swirl in his stomach. It takes him a while to process Sehun apologizing to Yixing saying weird kid and been dropped as a baby and redhead . His former date just nods through it all, smiling absently, hands clutching his new date’s bicep.

When he finally makes sense of the scene transpiring in front of him, he frowns. “But I didn’t do anything, we were on a date—” he tries to reason again but Sehun whirls back to him, slapping his chest harshly. Right in front of everyone.

“Will you stop making a scene here?!”

Jongin has half a heart to scream back that he’s the one making a scene. He lets out a whimper instead. “But I—”

Sehun grips his wrist to usher him out of the crowd. Weird. He doesn’t remember his ex having such a strong grip.

Once they are in a pretty much secluded place, near the bathroom, Jongin notices the deep scowl on the model’s face. “When will you learn?” he hisses.

“What do you mean? I swear to god I’m not harassing the redhead, I’m jus trying to touch his hair because it’s so beautiful and amazing—”

Hurt flashes across Sehun’s eyes and Jongin stops on his tracks. He vaguely remembers why he’s here in the first place. his unstoppable mouth.

Sehun loosens his grip on his arm and takes a step back. “Yeah. Redhead. Right.”

“I didn’t mean it that way—” he tries to reach out for his elbow but he shrugs him off before his hand could even touch his skin.

Don’t touch me.” Sehun grits out and turns his back on him, walking rapidly until he disappears on the crowd.

Jongin wasn’t even given the chance to tell him he’s trying to be grossed out with redheads and he might just hate them because of what that Yixing had done.

Damn that doesn’t even matter he should just have told him he loves him.

, he hates blonds.

--

“I swear to god if this doesn’t work out this time I’m going to kill you.” Jongin warns, scratching his nape warily.

Apparently, there are gross redheads during . And Baekhyun has a friend who has a friend who has a friend who has a friend that works in the world.

 And they are about to witness a redhead having live. The small rational part of Jongin screams that there are million things wrong about this setup. But his curious self is also begging for him to see redheads going at it. He sighs and let Kyungsoo and Baekhyun drag him into the house.

“We’re late.” Kyungsoo growls in frustration. He half-drags him towards the bedroom where a redhead girl is on fours, a blond muscular (like a body builder) guy pounding on her from behind. Jongin swallows at the scene.

It is hot and messy and gross altogether. The redhead doesn’t seem to be faking her pleasure because her eyes are rolled in her eyelids and her cries echo in the entire bedroom.

Jongin finds himself his lips. He notices Kyungsoo’s hand gliding back and forth on the behind of an unsuspecting Baekhyun. (maybe he is aware and he likes it, Jongin doesn’t really care)

How Baekhyun acts unaffected by this, he has no idea.

Just then three bears song start blasting through the lust-filled room, vibrating in Jongin’s pocket. Kyungsoo shoots him a glare for the interruption but the stars don’t seem affected one bit. Jongin answers on the sixth ring.

“Hi Jongin I think I had been too judgmental last night and—”

ahh...nghh...r-right there ughh

Ah! yeah! You like pounding on my redhead , don’t you?

A-huh. Your redhead is a for a like mine, huh? You like this—

AAAH! Yes yes yes!

—like that? Take this—

—aaah! I’m c-—

“What is that?!” Sehun shrieks on the other line, voice obviously horrified and unhappy. Jongin tries to cover his earpiece to block out the noises but too late. Sehun has already heard what he has been up to.  That doesn’t stop him from trying though.

“Sehun, it’s not what you think it is, I’m—”

“Here I am trying to call you to apologise because I thought, I thought—”

, yeah!! in my mouth, in my mouth, put all over my hair—aah...

Dammit dammit dammit, Jongin hears a pause and sniffles.

“—but then it’s always gonna be redheads, redheads, ing redheads.”

Your s are so bouncy and juicy and perky—

“That’s not true I’m—”

me again, p-please...

“Happy ing  to you or whateverbye.”

Jongin really hates blonds.

--

“Let’s try to make you a redhead.”

“No way, that’s hideous.”

“That’s the point!”

Jongdae, one of Sehun and Jongin’s mutual friend had decided to help out as well. His loud screams came in the middle of one Friday night with the lines of why is Sehun’s status like that?! why is he posting john green quotes like ‘that’s the thing about pain it demands to be felt’ and why are his photos emo. In which, Jongin could not offer answers to (he’s guilty af that’s why). So he meets him at the Garren New York salon at the 5th avenue, conceding to what Jongdae thinks is the great plan.

“We’ll make you a redhead. And you’re gonna stare at yourself in the mirror the whole day and be horrified at the redhead staring in front of you and question why you even like gingers.”

Jongin shoots daggers at the back of his head and cards his fingers through his hair. “That’s sort of, offensive, you know.”

Kim Jongdae, singer extraordinaire ignores his whinings and happily drags him towards the salon chair, right in front of the biggest mirror where he can stare at his reflection all day.  Jongin makes flying bats noises as he stares at his reflection in the mirror.

Not long after, a blonde girl (why are blondes everywhere?) with black apron on emerges, holding a black mixing bowl with a matching black brush. Jongin gulps at the bright coppery red tint in the bowl. “I don’t want to look like Sansa Stark.”

The girl chuckles nervously, glancing at Jongdae for some sort of salvation. The singer responds immediately. “I chose the colour. Don’t overreact.”

“I’m not overreacting! That colour is hideous. Do you see how white Sophie Turner’s skin is?!” He shrieks, positioning his arms in an X right in front of him as if that would create a barricade to stop the stylist from dyeing his hair.

“Shut up, Jongin.” Jongdae turns towards the stylist with a smile. “Lyle, go ahead.”

Lyle, who doesn’t seem to acknowledge Jongin as part of this conversation and doesn’t deem his opinions necessary, goes ahead and wraps the black cloth to prevent getting hair colour on his clothes around him, carding his fingers through his hair to inspect the strands.

Jongin puffs his cheeks in annoyance and closes his eyes.

Screw this .

 

He might have fallen asleep, but Jongin remembers coming in at around 2:30. When he looks at his wristwatch, it’s already 6:30. Does it really take long to dye hair?

Also, he’s no longer in front of the mirror. He’s on the couch for the customer’s to wait on, a stack of magazine on top of the table in front of him. He frowns in confusion.

“Is it done? How do I look?”

He brings a hand up to his hair and grumbles inwardly when he realizes it’s not as soft as before. It isn’t as frizzy like Sehun’s but it isn’t like his baby hair anymore too. His scalp also hurt, as if someone had scraped it with a knife.

The grin Jongade gives him is the grin of a sadist. “It’s probably one of the most repulsive look of all time.”

Jongin moves towards the mirror to get a look at the result of Jongdae’s bright idea. The longer he stays in this hell of a celebrity salon, the more he realizes that it’s a bad bad idea. Why did he even agree to it in the first place?

If he can squeal like a little girl now, he would (he probably just did but couldn’t admit it). The bright orangey tint that looks good on Sophia Turner looks unsightly against his golden skin. It’s like his lips had turned a shade darker and the white in his eyes turned a little yellowish. The colour does not compliment him. Or his complexion. At all.

“Oh god,” he mutters in disbelief. “Oh god. Oh god.”

Jongdae snickers beside him. “I know right?”

Jongin wants to smack this biatch of a friend he has but he’s too horrified to even move his hands. He vaguely wonders if people at work will still respect him for this. “Why why why,

“Take a good look at it and etch it at the back of your mind so when you see another redhead again all you’ll ever remember is this.” He flicks the strands of his hair with a finger and grins.

This might just be working out for him. But it’s so unfair that he’ll hate redheads because of his own reflection.

“I hope Sehun will never have to see me this way.” He mutters dejectedly.

As if on cue, the chime on the door rings, indicating that someone just got in. And there on his silver hair, is Oh Sehun, laughing with his mouth hanging open, talking to a tall white man in his early thirties.

Kim Jongin is so ready to dive into the floor now.

He makes an attempt to escape by crouching down and hiding behind the chair, but too late; the white guy that can only be Sehun’s manager points towards him. this ing life.  Sehun’s frown is very obvious through his angelic-looking face.

“What the is that thing?” He cringes at his ex-boyfriend like he’s the one who’s got that hideous hair. Jongin’s heart drop very low in his chest. There’s really no getting his ex back, is there?

But then Sehun shrugs and tries to look like he couldn’t care less, carrying on with his conversation with the older man. They walk towards the chair beside Jongin and his ego deflates with each step he takes.

Jongin is inwardly thanking whomever saint decides to put a zipper on Jongdae’s mouth. He’s just smiling broadly now. It’s a creepy smile but at least it’s just a smile.

But it’s as if that saint decides to mock Jongin.

Jongdae claps Sehun’s back like the old friend that he is. “Hey Sehun! Long time no see! What do you think of Jongin’s hair?”

Kim Jongdae.

Sehun laughs, totally ignoring Jongin’s presence.  “I think it’s ridiculous liking something so much to become one. Specially if it looks hideous and disgusting on you.”

redheads and blonds and Kim Jongdae and Lyle.

----

On Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Jongdae’s collaborated plan, Jongin finally vehemently disagrees.

“No.”

“This is it!”

No.”

“If you do this, Sehun will see that redheads no longer affect you!”

Jongin shrugs the hands on his shoulders caressing his back to coax him to do this stupid thing. There’s no way in hell he’s going to be mean to anyone just to please someone. He might be desperate to get Sehun back but he’s not a bad person. Or at least that’s what he’d like to believe.

“Think about it,” Kyungsoo crouches in front of him and clasps his hands on his own. He doesn’t like where this conversation is going. What even made him think these idiotic friends of his can help him get Sehun back? If anything, it just made him hate him more.

“He knows how gooey-eyed you get when it’s a redhead. It doesn’t even matter if the person is beautiful or not. As long as she or he has a red hair, you wet your undies.” Kyungsoo pauses for dramatic effect and Jongin makes noises like drowning inside his mouth.

“So when he sees that you’re not that moonstruck over redheads anymore, maybe he’ll reconsider. It’s worth a try.”

There goes that sentence again. It’s worth a try. Of course everything for Sehun is worth a try. As much as he hates to admit it, Kyungsoo has a point. But then, all of their plans had a point when they’re just plotting and reasoning with Jongin. But it always turns out a disaster and totally pointless. (and ends up getting Jongin in a deeper than he already is in)

Jongin heaves a breath and thinks one last time. One last time and I’m done.

  “Let’s do it.”

 

 

“Straighten up!”

“What kind of model slouches their back?!”

“Do you even call those heels??”

Turns out, Jongin is a natural . He’s actually quite enjoying this.

The models, which are all redhead because he requested it throw them a dirty look and mutters string of curses under their breath. Jongin could care less.

The trio is huddled backstage, murmuring to themselves.

“Wow he’s a natural.” Baekhyun snickers.

“I always knew he had it in him.” Kyungsoo nods, creeping his hand at the blonde’s behind. Baekhyun doesn’t seem to mind.

Jongdae sees Sehun’s silhouette coming towards the stage. He taps the two on their shoulders. “Sehun is here. This should be good.” And like watching a good movie, they all peek through the curtains backstage.

“I honestly don’t understand why you guys can’t get a simple choreography. How long have you been modeling? Five years? Aren’t you guys ancient?”

The tallest girl, with golden red hair, green eyes like a cat’s, and freckles all over her nose and cheeks trip on her feet. Everyone quiets down because they feel the sour mood of their boss. This is probably the worse time to make a mistake.

Normally, Jongin would have picked her up off the floor, ask if she’s okay, and tell her not to go home and rest.

Seems like frustration and disappointment gets the better of him. He just stares at the girl, torn between walking out (because that’s dramatic right) and reprimanding her.

But then a familiar figure comes running towards the stage, pale skin, thin frame and silver hair.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Sehun screams as he helps the girl to her feet. The other models seem to unfreeze with Sehun’s presence. They shuffle to help the injured female.

Jongin blinks in utter stupefaction.  “Why are you here?” he demands instead, because that’s the only thing he can say at the moment.

“You stupid. I’m one of the mentors of those girls and you don’t dare give that kind of attitude towards them!” Right. This is why Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun have this plan in the first place. Right.

He sighs. “I’m just—”

“You’re trying to take it out on redheads now, because you realised you can’t get all of them to fall head over heels for you? Really, Jongin? Really?!

Sehun’s not even making sense. Or at least Jongin doesn’t seem to make sense of anything. “I’m not taking it out on anybody—I’m just trying to get you back—”

At the backstage, the trio facepalms and Sehun would have if he isn’t so angry. Getting Sehun back what? Yep, Jongin is not making any ing sense.

“What the hell are you talking about—you know what? We should stop running to each other. I really don’t want to see you right now. Or ever.”

He turns around, with a grace of a true model, and Jongin can feel his heart departing him with each step Sehun takes.

Damn. He knew this was a bad idea.

 

After the event, to which Jongin spent the whole time moping and reflecting, he realises there’s no way to rectify the stupid things he already did. Sehun is more upset. From the breakup, to all the stupid things he’s done, there’s no way he’s getting the brunette back.

He, however, can still fix what he did to the models. Why did he even listen to those three? He swears he’s gonna kill them.

The green-eyed redhead, he learns, is named Berry (wow their parents can’t think of a better name). She is sitting at the stage box beside the unused clothes for the models, massaging her calf. Damn. Jongin belatedly realizes that she is using a 6-inch stiletto hills. Sehun is right. He is an .

“How’s your ankle?” He crouches in front of her, gently lifting the left foot to inspect the damage it had acquired.

Holymother of all redheads.

One of the best things about redhead is they blush easily. And there’s no way in hell to deny it. Berry just does, stammering as she answers, “I—I th-think it’s just s-sprain...”

Jongin smiles endearingly. “That’s good to know. You should let this rest for a week. I’ll have a doctor create a medical certificate for you so you won’t get into trouble.”

The girl nods meekly.

“I’m sorry about a while ago. I don’t know what I was thinking.”

Berry shakes her head and flashes out a sweet, diabetes sweet, smile. “No. You’re right. Models shouldn’t slouch.”

Jongin nods his head, relieved. He’s just about to stand up when Berry throws her arms around her neck and bats her fake eyelashes. “You know what can make me feel better?”

The businessman blinks. “Yes?”

“We can go on a dinner sometime. Say, like, maybe tonight?”

Jongin blinks again. This time, rapidly, three consecutive times. Did a glorious redhead just ask him on a date?

“I’m not really, I mean, I’m—”

“Come on~ I know you have a specific type. I know you like redheads—”

“I do,” Jongin admits truthfully, carefully prying her hands off. “I like their temper and their sensitive s and their loud moans and their red bush but I’m in love with a certain brunette that has more temper than any redhead combined and is jealous of about anything and totally totally awesome and not just in bed but in basically everything.”

“But—”

“Berry, I think you heard him.” Sehun might as well be a mushroom. He always pops up out of nowhere every goddamn time.

“I’m sure there are other businessmen who’d be happy to have escapades with you.” He says, prying the redhead’s arms off his ex’s (?) neck.

Jongin might just be hyperventilating because Sehun’s hand is now touching him and is clasped possessively around his wrist and he’s standing too close, much to Jongin’s comfort.

Touch me more please, he wants to say. Ariana Grande’s song then comes playing in his mind.

So one last time, I need to be the one who takes you home, One more time

I promise, after that, I'll let you go

Baby, I don't care if you got her in your heart

All I really care is you wake up in my arms

One last time

I need to be the one who takes you home

 

He doesn’t mean to sing that aloud.

 

Totally ignoring Berry’s presence, Sehun cringes at him but slides his hand to his palm to lace their fingers together instead. “You’re gross and pathetic and stupid and I swear to god you look hideous in that synthetic red hair—”

 

“It’s not synthetic, I dyed my hair—”

 

“Plus, you always smell like god which is probably a good thing—”

 

“Uhm, guys I’m still here?” Berry butts in. They totally ignore her.

 

“I only smell like a god because I think about you~” Jongin smiles goofily and squeezes the younger’s hand. It’s so soft and familiar.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Yeah? What about—”

 

“ARE THE TWO OF YOU GONNA KISS BECAUSE IF YOU ARE PLEASE MOVE ME FIRST I DON’T WANNA WITNESS IT.”

 

Then finally, Sehun breaks out to his ever-endearing smile, the one Jongin had always loved and squeals, ‘You just said no to a redhead!!!!! Is this a dream?”

 

Jongin has the decency to laugh. “I know right—“

 

“—are you two gonna kiss or not?”

 

“—but I’ve been meaning to make you realise that—”

 

“JUST KISS!!!!”

 

And they do—loud and gross and longing and sweet and wet and everything Jongin and Sehun are.

 

Maybe, Jongin thinks, maybe they’re finally gonna work out this time.

 

As if hearing his thoughts, Sehun squeezes his hand affectionately, as if in reassurance.

 

The trio emerges from the curtains and claps each other’s back for a job well done.

 

Berry tries to faint but couldn’t. She witnesses Jongin and Sehun making out (and touching each other), much to her dismay.

 

Everybody seems happy but her.


[A/N]: Will try to beta later~ was working when doing this. Also, this took too long. I think someone took my funny........ :(