It Was Everyday

It Was Everyday

Yongguk awoke with Himchans arms wrapped around his waist. After a night of making up Himchan's body was sticky, making Yongguk push him away. Yongguk sat up and roughly ruffled his hair. It's always like this...all the time! We just and that stops his complaints! Then it happens all over again! He quickly stood up, flinging his arms back as if he were trying to rip them from his shoulders. He looked at himself in the mirror and then his eyes were drawn to the shuffling body behind him please, please don't wake up. Himchan sat up and began rubbing his eyes. 

"What time is it?" Himchan reached over to the bedside table to check the clock before quickly jumping up "Ah! I'm gonna be late! I gotta go!" Himchan quickly pulled his towel out of a drawer and began pulling an outfit together. 

"What?" Yongguk was confused, as far as he knew Himchan barely ever went out and he barely spoke to any of their friends.

"I'm going to have lunch with... never mind! I'm gonna shower and get ready." Himchan ran out of the room and towards the bathroom. 

Yongguk pulled a towel around his hips before following Himchan to the bathroom. He knocked on the door and waited for Himchan to answer him. Recently there had been a tension between them, not just because Yongguk couldn't make it home for their anniversary but even before that there was a distance between him and Himchan. Yongguk noticed this, they became more reserved around each other. Himchan didn't answer. Yongguk started banging on the door before finally it flew open and Himchan stood there with red cheeks and a towel wrapped around him. The bathroom released clumps of steam as Himchan stood at the door.

"Hey! Open a window! Let the steam out!" Yongguk rushed towards the window before turning to Himchan "where are you going?"

"Just...out. I have some errands to run!" Himchan dropped his towel and budged Yongguk out of the way before stepping into the bath. Yongguk watched as Himchan let the water hit his chest, his torso, hips and his legs. He watched as Himchan let the water rain on his hair.

"So...you're not going to tell me where you're going?" Yongguk turned off the shower and Himchan looked at him, squinting his eyes.

"I told you...I just have some errands to run"  Himchan turned the shower back on and lightly pushed Yongguk. Yongguk sighed and left the bathroom I don't want him, but I'm too possessive Yongguk thought as he went back into the bedroom to get dressed for work.

As Yongguk was fixing his tie, Himchan walked into the room fully dressed and flung his towel onto the bed. Yongguk saw Himchan in the mirror looking at him.

"What is it?" Yongguk asked as he kept fiddling with his tie.

"You're doing it wrong..." Himchan walked over to him and took Yongguk's tie into his hands. He began delicately folding it "is something wrong? You're not usually this distracted..." Himchan spoke in a soft voice as if he was soothing a child.

"Nothing, I just have to go" Yongguk moved Himchan's hand before fixing his tie and picking up his jacket and bag. He started walking out of the room and Himchan followed him down the stairs. 

"What time will you be back?" Himchan stood at the bottom of the stairs watching Yongguk as he sat down to put on his shoes.

"I'll be back early today.." Yongguk gave his shoes one last look before standing up and fixing his clothes. He turned to Himchan and Himchan smiled. Yongguk turned away and walked towards the door "I'll see you later" shutting the door behind him, Himchan finally sank to the floor for a moment. He let himself relax as he kept checking the wall clock. I gotta go! He thought as he stood up and put on his shoes. He quickly grabbed his bag before running out of the house.

By the time he got to the end of his street, he saw a petite figure standing at the end of the road. It was Yongguk's ex, she was wearing a long and full light blue skirt which really made her stand out. Himchan smiled as she turned to him and began waving.

"I really thought I was going to get lost!" she said as Himchan approached her.

"Sorry I should have been more specific with my directions" she laughed and shook her head as Himchan carried her bag for her.

"The bus should be coming soon! Oh! Have you given Yongguk the invite yet?" Himchan suddenly felt a pang of guilt as he felt his face turning red.

"I completely forgot! I'm sorry! I'll give it to him tonight!" Himchan smiled and so did she.

"I'm glad you're both coming! It's good to be around old friends..." she was quiet for a moment before looking up and smiling at Himchan. They walked to the bus stop together before having to do a little jog as they saw the bus approaching. While on the bus their time was occupied with old memories and embarrassing moments together but she hasn't brought up Yongguk once Himchan thought as he listened to her talk. 

As they got off, they both retreated into a small nearby cafe in order to get out of the sun. Ordering ice tea they sat together and stared out of window.

"I'm glad I came out with you today. Everything has been stressful lately..." she said as she stared into her ice tea. Himchan nodded, thinking about how he had gotten so angry at Yongguk for missing their anniversary. 

"I know how you feel...are you...happy to be getting married" she looked up and nodded hesitantly before looking down again. Himchan saw ripples forming in her ice tea as he looked at her properly she's crying?! He got up quickly and sat next to her, putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Don't cry! I bet it's stressful to plan a wedding but it'll be a great day!" he tried to comfort her as much as he could before she stopped and began rubbing her eyes, smudging her makeup. She got a tissue and wiped her face while shaking her head. 

"It's not that! Sometimes he just gets so angry and I know he doesn't mean it but he just can't control himself" Himchan looked around before lowering his voice.

"I don't think it's good to talk about this here...would you like to go somewhere more private?" she nodded before picking up her bag and standing up. People stared as Yongguk picked up his bag and then began comforting her as they left the cafe. He kept whispering to her to try and get her mood up before they went into a bar. They bar consisted of small rooms which were prrivate and accommodated for different amounts of people. 

"Hey, can we get a room for two" the guy at the cash register smirked a little and he took Himchan's money.

​"You have...room 13" the man said as he handed Himchan his change. Himchan snatched his change and scoffed before leading her to the room. It was set up with a large sofa which followed the wall and had space for a large and low brown table in the middle of the room. There was also a karaoke stand set up and a menu beside it. 

"I'm sorry that you had to come all this way just to talk. I just didn't want strangers listening to what you had to say" she nodded and continued wiping her tears "Would you like a drink?" she nodded again. As Himchan ordered their drinks, she began telling him about her situation at home and how her fiancé had become controlling and paranoid. She told him how her fiancé's behavior changed so quickly depending on what she did or said. Himchan watched as she cried between words and listened as she finally had someone to talk to about her problems. By the time the drinks had come, she was worn out and had nothing left to say except breathe heavily in between sobs and quiet coughs. She stared at her drink as it was placed on the table. Himchan hugged her.

"It's okay. I'll be here for you. Whether it's 2 years or 10 years... but are you sure you want to go through with your marriage? I mean-" she cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"I love him! I know he loves me too! He's never been like this. He's just under a lot of stress..." all Himchan could hear were excuses for him but he didn't argue. He knew that no matter what he said, she wouldn't change her mind. She stood up "I'm going to the toilet! I need to fix my face!" she laughed, Himchan smiled at her before she walked out of the booth.

As she walked out Himchan felt his phone vibrating. He took it out of his pocket and saw that it was Yongguk.

"Hello..."

["Ah, Himchan! I'm sorry I -"]

"It doesn't matter. Just come home when you're finished" Himchan hung up before taking a long sip of his drink before he ordered alcohol. He waited for Yongguk's ex to return to the room before he faked an enthusiastic laugh and shoved a drink into her hand "Let's drink and forget our problems!" she smiled as they both quickly drank their first shot. As the minutes ticked away she and Himchan continued drinking and singing songs together. They danced around the room. He watched as she got up on the table and started spinning. Himchan got up on the chairs and started jumping before taking his shirt off and spinning it in the air.

Before he knew it everything he saw was becoming blurry. As he was in and out of consciousness, he saw that she had also taken her shirt off and was swinging it in the air while she danced on the table. When he opened his eyes again, he saw her laughing and tapping his face.

"Who-who knew that you couldn't handle...your alcohol" her words were stretched as Himchan watched her collapse beside him. They both began laughing together. Himchan didn't know why he was laughing. He couldn't tell if he was happy or sad, all he knew was that he was numb. He peeled himself off the sofa as he tried to make out the time. 

"C'mon..." he said as he pulled her arms to try to help her stand up "In the morning... it's 1.45!" She burped loudly, making her and Himchan laugh as he picked up their shirts and they began walking out of the room. "You-gotta... get home!" he slurred as they slowly walked along the corridor, holding onto each other for support. 

"What the ?!" Himchan looked up as he heard the familiar voice and saw a blurred figure marching towards him "Put her down! Jesus, what's happened to you!?" 

"Yongguk...is that you?" Himchan slapped the figure on the back as he began laughing. The figure pushed him back into the wall behind him. Himchan felt his head hit against the wall but he didn't feel any pain and the figure held his shoulders. 

"Stand here! Don't ing move!" the figure pulled the shirts from Himchan's hand. Himchan watched as the figure put the shirt on Yongguk's ex.

"Hey! Hey! Don't touch her! Don't touch her!" Himchan used all his body weight to fling himself forward onto the figure, he bit him. The figure growled as he pushed Himchan back into the wall. 

"I told you to ing stay here! How could you let yourself get like this!!" Himchan slid down the wall and began staring at the ground before is eyes began to water.

"If...my boyfriend wasn't such an- ...I wouldn't be here!" Himchan could barely speak as he began coughing and sniffing. He watched the figure kneel down in front of him.

"Maybe...he doesn't love you anymore..." the figure ran his fingers through Himchan's hair. Himchan cried harder as he felt the figure lift him up off the ground. Then another voice appeared. It was a another male. Himchan began squirming as he tried to fight off the attackers. 

"Are you okay?!" The figure grabbed Himchan and flung him over his shoulder. Himchan could barely move as he felt more and more restrained.

"I'm fine! Hey! Can you help me find out where this lady lives and take her home. She's an old friend of mine, be careful with her though. She's got a few bruises and they might be new" 

"Alright! Are you coming back after?!"

"Yeah! The boss will kill me if I don't! Just gonna take this guy home! We can go to yours after" Himchan felt himself being carried out of the bar and being thrown into a vehicle. He out.

******

Himchan woke up the with a pain throbbing through his head and sweating all over, he sat up and dragged himself out of bed. Getting up he looked at his red eyes in the mirror and suddenly remembered that he was with Yongguk's ex the night before. He quickly grabbed his phone and dialed her number, she answered in a heartbeat.

"Hello..." she was whispering.

"Hey! I just wanted to know if you'd gotten home safe and if...you know...nothing happened..." for a moment she didn't answer.

"Thankfully nothing did! I got home fine! Thank you so much for yesterday! Let's hang out again soon okay?" Himchan smiled.

"Yep! Definitely! I'll talk to you later. Bye!" she said goodbye and they both hung up. He just hoped that she was okay. He stood up and left the room to go downstairs. On his way down he saw that Yongguk's shoes were still in the doorway he's still at home? 

"Yongguk!" Himchan called as he continued walking down the stairs and then into the kitchen. He saw Yongguk looking at some work he was reading as he leaned against the kitchen counters, he was wearing the same tie he was wearing the day before.Why hasn't he changed? Has he just gotten home? It didn't matter, Himchan loved seeing Yongguk at home and relaxed.

"How are you feeling?" Yongguk looked up briefly and pointed to the cup sitting beside him on the counter "That's for you, you were really drunk..." Himchan blushed before walking over and picking up the cup. It was sweet coffee, just the way Himchan liked it.

"Much better thanks... I was just having a bad day. Did you bring me home?" Yongguk nodded as he continued looking at his work and sipping his coffee. Then Himchan remembered something he heard last night. Well he couldn't remember if it actually happened or if he was just imagining things "Maybe... he doesn't love you anymore" Himchan looked up at Yongguk and shook his head.

"Yongguk... I love you" Yongguk looked up from his work and smiled.