Prologue

Transcendence

Siwon's P.O.V

 

For the past 10 years this cold ground, these four dull walls and the room enclosed within them have been my sanctorium, protecting me from the vicious outside world. No one that I could speak a word to, to keep company. In solitary confinement with nothing but stale air that gave off a strong scent of worn out plaster from the crumbling age old prison walls and an almost battered bunker bed, I counted the number of days that I had been here ever since that dreadful day. Thankfully my sanity was still in tact and so were my basic knowledge of counting numbers and my sense of numbers told me that it had been 10 years........10 long years, 5 months and 1 week to be exact. Huh! I was 35 years old now! Cant believe 10 years have passed by since I had gotten forcefully evicted from my country and made a deliberate jailbird!

 

Devoid of hope to see the bright scorching sun and revel in the marvellously cool breeze bringing the heady scent of Magnolias.....Magnolias *sigh* It was his favorite flower, I sat down on my bunker and wondered about who I was in reality.....

 

Who am I? As realisation dawned upon me, the name tag pinned against the right side of my chest flashed in my peripheral vision. Thats right! I was dechristened of my birth name of Choi Siwon, stripped off of my army designation of Squadron leader of the Border Security Force of South Korea. Labelled as an illegal immigrant, a spy, I was ordered to be under the harsh judicial custody of the Army Cantonment of North Korea. Nowadays people refer to me as "Inmate no:1013" or Song Young Gook, thus marking the death of the name that I held so dear to me since time immemorial.

 

But in reality, I was indeed a nobody. Just a simpleton by the name of Choi Siwon, a peace loving patriot who loved nothing but his job of serving for his nation under emergency situations, a loyal self righteous servant for his motherland who could stand no one bringing harm to his nation, a brave warrior who was willing to put his life on the line for the sake of his kith and kin and a dutiful son forever indebted to his foster parents whose undying hopes were to ensure their son's safety and well being. 

 

Days passed and I learned to accept the fact that no one can free me from this hell hole. Initially it was tough, mind numbing even, to even think of passing time by in this cold cell. Yet only the mere thought of the well being of my beloved kept me going, kept me alive and breathing. Afterall, all this struggle was for him,my beloved sweetheart whose smiling angelic face gave me the strength and courage, whose bright big sparkling doe eyes enveloped me in their shroud of warmth. Slowly I got accustomed to the daily bowl of unappetizing and bland prison food and the harsh push and pull of the matrons when I make my timely visits to the court. Sessions in the court were tedious enough. The laboriousness had drained me emotionally and I had nothing more to say to justify myself to the Chief Justice. No lawyer was willing to defend me in the court and finally I had let go of the thought of ever returning home. 

 

Clothed in bright orange loose fitting prison robes with nothing left with me except the memories of my vibrant countryside home, my foster parents, my very first day as the Squadron leader, my army uniform, my comrades, my name, my identity and......Cho Kyuhyun, I leaned my back lazily on one of those walls while sitting on my tattered bunker. Emotionally, physically and mentally torn apart and tears refusing to spill from my tired sagging eyes, I sighed heavily again hoping atleast that would mitigate my anguish, turmoil, frustration and longing, a longing to be with my love, being by his side, for better or for worse, just like I had promised I would......

 

A tender smile made its way across my chapped and dry lips and I could feel the skin over them stretching rather uncomfortably upon visualising the messy brown locks that were silky and soft to the touch, the pale expanse of the beautiful forehead that I had grown accustomed to, the pair of brown jewel like orbs twinkling with vivacity, the sharp, pointed nose that I had always loved to brush delicately with my fingertips, the naturally pouty pair of pink and plump lips that I would never grow tired of kissing and tasting them and those creamy cheeks that I would never get used to nuzzling them lovingly. Even now I could almost hear his angelic sweet voice calling me, calling my name.....Siwon-ah....while coming close to my ear and whispering I love you that never failed to send chills down my spine. Even now I could feel his lanky arms engulfing me in a tight hug while whispering soothing words It will be ok....You will be home soon....My love...

 

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door to my cell. The door gently creaked and was ajar revealing a thin and slender woman probably in her mid twenties. I stood up and welcomed her in as she sat at the nearby chair and wheeled it close to my bunker where I had been sitting. She was a pretty little brunette and her eyes held the look of an innocent high school girl. Holding out her slender hand towards me, she shook hands and smiled genuinely, a first for me as I was rarely bestowed upon the sight of a sincere smile these past 10 years. 

 

"Hello. My name is Jessica Jung and I will be your lawyer. Nice to finally meet you Young Gook-ssi, or should I say, Choi Siwon-ssi" she introduced. And as soon as I had heard her call my name out, my real name out, my eyes went wide in shock, my heart palpitated, blood started rushing and filling up all possible pores in my body and my entire being shook with a certain dormant feeling that I had failed to feel in a long time. A strange sense of hope, happiness and ecstacy raced through as she spoke again "Accused of spying, framed for possessing more than one passport under the name of Song Young Gook, stripped off your dignity and identity and imprisoned mindlessly for 10 years, Choi Siwon, the undisputed Squadron leader of the South Korean Border Security Force, your suffering is about to come to an end. I will make sure to send you back home"

 

Upon hearing her declaration, I sank back onto the flattened mattress of my bunker and cried wondering if this girl was indeed a messenger of God sent from heaven. I wailed like a 2 year old for the first time in 10 years. As ugly fat hot tears made their way down my cheeks, I was overtaken by the overwhelming feeling of getting reunited with my love once again......My lovely angel, Cho Kyuhyun....

 

If there was ever a hope.....No...I know that there is hope....Afterall hope is what had led me to this point.....


So.....Let me in on your ideas and feelings after reading this update....This is loosely based on the movie that I had mentioned earlier in the foreword and it will be incorporated with twists and turns of my own every now and then....It was one of the most epic romance movies about 7 or 8 years maybe.....Tell me how you guys like it or you can also drop in your ideas to improve it along the way...Comments and subscriptions are most welcomed whether you like it or not be sure to let me know......