001

21st Century Arranged Marriage

Chapter One 


“Yah, wake up” A grumbling voice stated in the early morning to start the day of the Jung Corporation heiress, Jung Seolhyun. The voice apparently belonged to her brother by two years older, Jung Taekwon better known as Leo or the next in line of the largest business corporation in the world, the Jung Corporation.

However, the younger sister seemed to share the different idea of being woken up at straight seven in the morning, on Sunday if I must add as she lowered her head deeper into the pink pillow and grabbing her blanket tighter as a defense act.

“Go away oppa” She muttered half awake with a small yawn that barely escapes her tiny lips as she groggily let out a light kick to Leo’s thighs.

The older one rolled his eyes at his little sister action .

‘Two can play the game’

With a smirk, he let out an even stronger kick to the bed frame, causing the body on top of it to shook at the impact.

However, the stubborn girl still didn’t gave up at the later act as she only tightened her grip on the blanket

“OMMA, TAEKWON OPPA IS BULLYING ME AGAIN” She shouted which was muffled by the pillow.

The ‘bully’ as she called could only chuckled at her immature action as he lowered his head to his sister’s level

“You know what, they left to America this morning so there’s no one on the house but us” He stated

Still no reaction

“And if you don’t wake up now, maybe one of the scene in those twilight movie will happen know, you know like how Renesmee is born” He said once again, this time his voice was lower and sounded much huskier, giving him a y vibe that comes perfectly with his bed hair.

Upon hearing her brother’s word, Seolhyun immediately jolt up in defense, and by that I mean literally with her hands sticking apart in one of the Kung Fu stance.

“yah, you ert. Get out of my room” she finally said, this time fully awake with her eyes wide alert at her brother.

The later rolled his eyes before shaking his head, his cool façade returned shortly.

“I didn’t say that I am the one who’ll do it idiot, I guess you’re the ert here” he muttered under his breath before he turned his back to the door and left the room.

“aish, stupid oppa” She grumbled while trashing her feet wildly in the bed. Even though people at her university thinks that she was a mature heiress, the fact that she still watches Pororo half an hour every day (or sometimes 1 hour because she said that Pororo is having a special 1 hour premiere) and also the thing she did right now proved her anything but of elegant and sophisticated blood. Sure, she aced every of her test and act all princess thing at school, but once she was with her friends which happen to be like right now, she could finally unleashed her other side, and by other I mean her real side.

“Hongbin Oppa” was the first thing she said when the Jung Siblings arrived at Seoul’s biggest mall, the Grand Rava which will soon be owned by one of the boys named Kim Wonshik who prefers to be called Ravi ever since Seolhyun brought up that name during their summer camp and even this mall name was made by Seolhyun at another occasion which later moved to the scene where Ravi’s dad has asked him for a suitable name for his mall that would soon be his world but meh, the only thing Ravi could brought up is the same name Seolhyun gave him with a touch of ‘grand’ there and thus Grand Rava was borne.

The owner of the name briskly stopped chatting with his three friends and whipped his hands towards the direction of the sound only to see a running girl, all dressed in casual clothing beaming her way towards him while giving a big wave at him.

Lee Hongbin who Seolhyun claimed would marry one day along with all his chocolate smiled at her while replying him with a wave. This pretty boy was actually in line to become the director of Godiva’s chocolate which is one of the most expensive chocolate (of course the yummiest) in the world.

The sound of her heels finally stopped clicking as Seolhyun stopped right in front of the 4 boys who were better known as VIXX including Leo of course and for your information, Seolhyun also made that name.

“Oppa, I heard that you’re going to release a new chocolate this week right? What kind of chocolate is it? Is it the milk one or or maybe dark chocolate or the white one maybe and when are you going to release it? How much will it cost and-“

“ Whoa Whoa Whoa, girl you need to give him a rest “ Ravi cuts in with his hip hop kind of tone.

The other boy next to her, Lee Jaehwan or better known as Ken (another one of Seolhyun’s name creation) nodded in agreement. “Aren’t you a bit too rich to worry about any chocolate price “He pointed out.

“You know Ken oppa, we need to conserve more money here because the world is facing a global economy crisis and ---“ she continued while Ken could only grabbed the nearest hand available which belonged to the poor maknae of the group, Han Sang Hyuk or Hyuk (This time, Ken made this name) and directed it to his ears

“Make her stop babbling about economy, I beg you” Ken said with a little bit of exaggeration which almost happen at all times which then led him to the name Kenjumma (again, it’s still Seolhyun who made it)

“—And that’s why you shouldn’t make the price of your new chocolate too high Hongbinnie oppa” she ended her little speech while batting her long natural eyelashes at Hongbin once again.

“Is that another trick to get a discount Jung Seolhyun, shame on you “A voice piped up behind as Leo marched into the group. Apparently, since all the driver was gone for today since it’s Sunday, the heir of Jung Corporation himself have to drive all the way here and was cruelly left by his ungrateful little sister who ran off for his ‘future husband’ as she stated which left him hanging to find a parking spot that was so heck difficult to find since Grand Rava was quite packed especially in weekends.

“Ooo shush you” Seolhyun briskly said before returning her gaze to her favorite oppa.

Hongbin chuckled at her reaction before slightly nodding his head “ I’ll think about it but I’ll give a discount for my most favorite customer” He said with a smile that shows his dimples as he ruffled her brown hair.

“Which happen to spend all my credit card to buy all set of your autumn chocolate collection and also the Summer sea salt limited edition chocolate” Leo added with a hint of annoyance to his tone as he spoke each words.

“And you didn’t need to tell him that” Seolhyun said, glaring at him, red faced before she let out a small laugh to Hongbin while the later could only chuckle in amusement.                                                      

“Well next time, I’ll gave them for free just for you” he replied to her with an eye smile that girl would die for.

Seolhyun beamed at his statement before she jerked back and stuck her tongue out at her brother.

“Yeah, yeah just give all the free stuff to the brat and ignore your best-friend here” Ken grumbled while he emphasizes the last part louder.

“Haters gonna hate” Seolhyun whispered to Hongbin which brings the later one to laugh as he slung one hand to her and whispered something to her as a reply that causes her to burst out laughing again.

“Okay that’s enough, lets just get this over with and LEE HONGBIN STOP FLIRTING WITH MY SISTER” Leo roared at the ‘couple’ as he shot Hongbin a death glare.

“At least I can still flirt not like Mr. Ice man over there” Seolhyun muttered rather loudly for that certain someone to hear.

Leo rolled his eyes at his sister immaturity before he turned his back and walked to the other side while muttering a short “whatever” along and finally the group started to start their little ‘adventure’.

 

--

 

After two long hours, for the boy in that case, Seolhyun came out from the Gucci store with 3 bags on the hand, oo did I forget to mention that the boy each has 5 bags on one hands, excluding Hongbin though since he only carried one bag which only contain a black Gucci bag while the other boys have to keep up with enormous amount of shoes and glared at Ravi for having a gazillion amount of store in his mall.

“Noona, can we please stop for a second, I think my arms are about to break here” Hyuk whined while his hands were trying very hard to bring up the bags every time one of them fall.

Seolhyun looked at the maknae in pity and sighed. In a brief second, three bags were whisked away from the maknae’s hand to her as she carried them without any more problem with the amount of bags that were increasing.

“there, now you have no more problem, so lets go” Seolhyun cheerfully said and marched forward while she left all the boys gapping at her incredible strength, even her own brother.

“What does your sister eat for breakfast hyung, she’s like the female version of Hulk” Ken excitedly whispers to Leo while he did a weight lifting motion with his hands

“I HEARD THAT KEN OPPA” her voice roared from the front as the boy saw her standing in front of a Guess shop without even sparing them a glance.

“And an ear of a bat too”

---

Finally, to the boys relief, Seolhyun started to feel hungry and decided to fill her self with food energy before going for a shopping spree once again, much  to the boys displeasure.

“I’ll have one Shrimp pasta and one chocolate milkshake, and please give me loads of chocolate” Seolhyun said to the waitress with a large smile on her face, causing the waiter to blushed at her cuteness.

Before he could get any idea about her interest, Leo cleared his throat which successfully brought his attention and shot his a glare that was stated ‘flirt with my sister and I’m going to grind you like pasta’ before ordering.

The poor waiter could only nodded in fear before returning to his station.

“So, how is it going with the company hyung?” Ken began to start a conversation before the food arrived.

“Same old , nothing much change” Leo said shortly

“Ahh, you’re no fun to talk to” Ken pouted before he move on to his next target.

“What about you Hyunnie, got any hot boy at school ?” Ken teased while he make a kissy sound that make everyone pretended to puke.

“Please Ken hyung, we’re going to eat here, don’t make me lose my appetite” Ravi grumbled beside him.

Seolhyun could only sigh and pouted, “At this rate, I’m not going to get a boyfriend”

“With thus guy around” She suddenly raised her tone while her fingers began to direct themselves to her brother besides of him.

Leo who was texting someone, felt eyes that were boring through his skull as he looked up and true enough, he saw 4 pairs of curious eyes and 1 glare from you know who.

“What? I didn’t do anything “ Leo innocently said.

“Nothing you said?”

 

---

 

2 February 2013

“ Seolhyun-sshi, can you please teach me about the math thing that we just discussed now, I think I didn’t really get what the teacher meant” One of her classmate, Kim Myungsoo or better known as L shyly asked her during lunch.

Seolhyun tilted her head and looked at him “Hmm? Math? The algebra one? Sure“ She replied him with a smile that made his head to do a wild flip flop as Myungsoo blushed even harder.

“G-great, so where should we meet?” Myungsoo stuttered his words as he tried to remain calm.

“Do you mind if you come to my house? Because my mom would be home today and I wanted to wait for her.” Seolhyun said while Myungsoo mentally cheered and pump his fist for this God-given opportunity to be alone with his Goddess .

“S-sure, you can text me your address and I’ll see you after school then” He bowed to her once again and waved before he completely disappeared.

Later that day, Myungsoo who had received a message from Seolhyun get of from his Lamborghini to the Jung’s mansion.

The maid had told him that Seolhyun had said to wait for a while since she had some errands to do as they served him with a tea.

Myungsoo thanked the maid for the tea before taking a careful sip on it.

Soon enough, Seolhyun returned to the mansion and directly went to the living room as she was about to apologize for the delay only to see that the room was completely empty.

“Sera-ah, Where did Myungsoo go?” she asked the maid curiously.

“Ahh, the young master said that he isn’t feeling well so he told said that he would like to cancel’s today’s study” The maid said to her before bowing her head and left to do her other duty.

“Oo, that’s a pity, I wonder what happen, he looks healthy when he was in school earlier.” Seolhyun thoughtfully taped her chin but decided to ignore it that is until she saw the cup in the glass table and its design.

It took her less than one second to finds out about the culprit before she finally blow.

“TAEKWON OPPA!!!!!”

 

---

 

“How do you even know that I did that” Leo tried to defend himself while pretending to be innocent all of a sudden.

“Don’t you dare pretend that you’re innocent, who else would gave out the JW cup to anyone but you “ Seolhyun pointed out with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

“Fine it was me. Happy” Leo finally confessed his ‘sin’ to the world.

“We’re so going to talk about this when we get home “ Seolhyun threatened him and before she could say any word further, suddenly, a boy came into the room and sat himself to one of the table.

All six pairs of eyes began to divert their attention to the boy who was dressed in a full suit as he coolly flipped the menu book.

“Hey, isn’t this the VVIP room? I thought that only we can eat here” Ravi whispered to Ken.

Ken gasped quite loudly before he grabbed Ravi’s ear close to his mouth.

“You didn’t know him, He’s that tea president guy, Cha Hak Yeon, and you know the one who’s called the youngest president ever?” Ken began to ‘fawn’ over him and his exaggerating character started to came out as he looked at the young boy sitting there.

“That’s him” Ravi exclaimed loudly, at least loud enough for the main topic himself to hear it as he glanced at the table besides him.

Seolhyun who was busy seeing him, manage to eavesdrop Ken and Ravi’s conversation and widened her eyes at the boys.

She never knew that a president could be so young, and he was a pretty boy too to be exact.

Their eyes met for a brief second thanks to Ravi and Seolhyun gasped at the sudden eye contact as blush crept onto her face, embarrassed that he had found out that she was watching him the whole time.

The boy however, seemed to didn’t share the same interest on her as he stiffly returned his attention to the menu book, looking like a magazine model by each page he flipped.

After some times, the boys began to chat amongst themselves, with Seolhyun also, if she was not too busy being distracted by Mr. Tea there as he bit his seventh shrimp for today (If not eight if she’s wrong)

“- And then we just ran off from the lady across the street isn’t that right Hyunnie” Ken asked as he finished telling the boys about a story during Summer camp last year.

“Oo H-huh? Yeah that’s right “ Seolhyun revert her attention back to the boys as she plastered a convincing smile at them, at least convincing enough for Ken to beam at her and continued his never-ending tale.

Sighing, she slouched back to her seat and while twirling the straw on her chocolate milkshake as she dared herself to spare a glance at Hak Yeon who was wiping his mouth with a napkin and abruptly stood up.

From the corner of his eyes, he could sense an eye boring straight to his skull but decided to ignore it as his butler showed him the exit while carrying his bag.

Disappointment that Mr. Tea is gone (Yeah she decided to call him that for the time being thanks to Ken), she returned her attention to the boys who are now laughing rowdily, even Leo managed to let out a small laugh at Ken’s hilarious story. She herself managed to let out a chuckle and softly smiled.

 

Maybe if fate allows us, we’ll meet again Mr.Tea