Coffee Shop!

Coffee Shop Love -ONE SHOT-

Jisoo always went to that coffee shop. It was his favorite. It was close by the dorms, the coffee was pretty good, and it gave off a homely feel, especially in the winter. Those definitely weren't the only reasons why he went there. He went there also to see her, the girl with lips that looked like they were stained a dark pinkish color from eating too many cherries.

 To be honest, he didn't notice her- not at first anyway. It was Jihoon and Hansol the last time they were there with him that pointed her out. They'd accompanied their American-born friend there a few times, and they noticed her there the third time they went with him.

 "She's always in that corner," one of them, most likely Jihoon, teased.

 He turned to look at her then, and was surprised he never noticed her there before. She was breath-taking. Her lips were parted ever so slightly, in a light pout, and her eyes scanned the passage of her book quickly, as if she were skimming over the pages. Every other page, she stopped, and took a sip of her coffee, and went back to reading.

 Hansol was the first to notice the change in Jisoo's behavior. "Dude, go talk to her," he told him in English.

 "How?!" He replied in a thickly voice.

 Together, the three of them devised of a plan which involved a phonecall, English, and of course, getting near her. Jisoo ordered his coffee and sat down at a table close to hers, close enough so that he can here when she turned the page of her book. Soon enough, his phone rang and he picked it up.

 "Hey. . . Oh yeah, yeah of course. Yeah don't worry about it, thanks," Jisoo, his voice wobbly, answered loudly in his native language. On the other end, he heard distant and muffled laughters of his so called friends.

 He glanced over at her as he talked, to see if she noticed. Sure enough, she glanced at him, studying him interestingly. She didn't seem angry at his loudness, no, but she did, on the other hand, look amused.

 "Oh sorry," he apologized in English. "Sorry," he said again in korean," I was loud, wasn't I?"

 "Sort of, yeah, but it's fine," the girl replied clearly in English. Having seen the startled look on Jisoo's face she giggled. "Sorry, I should mention that I'm  from San Francisco."

 He grinned at her. "I'm from L.A... Hey, do you think. . . I could, maybe, have coffee here with you sometime?"

 She smiled up at him. "I'd like that."