The path to school and a ladybug.

Small dragon, still cute panda.

[ SeungRi POV ] 

 

"Good morning" I said with a sigh while going downstairs I had just finished preparing myself, mom was there making my breakfast and dad just read the sports section of the newspaper. Just a normal looking couple, sometimes I wonder if I am going to be like them, it's a nice thought until the soon-to-be bald head my dad has comes out, no thanks. 

 

"You're gonna be sooo late~" and of course, my sister Hana was there already having her favorite cereal, she might look evil...and she is. Already an evil queen and she is just ten years old, but I love her like that, it's some masochistic stuff I guess.

 

 "Just eat something and run SeungHyun, you ARE late" my dad speaks as I take some rice and just stuff it quickly into my mouth, I nod automatically while cleaning my mouth and jump off to get my backpack, today wasn't the first day but it still is the first month of school. Even though I already had my friends all over the school, that week was going to be the worst. I lose a bet and now I had to hurry while wearing a skirt on top of my normal uniform, this was going to be a really long day. I put the cloth as I got away from my house, I don't want my mother to cry over a bet thinking I am being bullied. I just need to run all the way to school, no one must see me. 

 

"Come on, come on, come on" I say as the signal doesn't tell me to move on, even though there wasn't any car I didn't like crossing without the light, because if I get run on it would be my fault and nobody will pay my hospital expenses...yeah I know I am kind of stingy but just a little bit.

 

 "You should hurry or you won't make it on time, maknae" a husky voice rushed aside of me, it was Choi Seung Hyun my new literature teacher, of course being the class clown I was he named me like that because of our names, he is some weird man, but I still admire him like that. I really hope he didn't notice the skirt, explain it would mean earning some chuckles and maybe some punishment to my other friends. 

 

"You passed the red light TOP-sensei, you're breaking the light in front of your cute student" I yell him with his new nickname I just gave him, he just shakes his head and doesn't even move of his perfect straight position he uses while riding a bike, I swear he is the dumbest adult I have ever seen, well I am 16 so it doesn't mean I have seen a lot of them. 

 

As I start walking, more than running, again I see a small kid on the side of the road, he's wearing that uniform that kindergarten children wear, probably he was on he's way to school. He's just there admiring the flowers with a really silent stare, then I notice...a ladybug on top of a flower. Maybe he wants to touch it or something, and how can I not help such a cute dongsaeng.

 

"Hey~ you want some help? I know it's hard to pick them up" I say while smiling and trying to pick the bug into my finger he just nods a little bit, I let the little insect slide down my finger to the hand of the kid. His name tag read Ji Yong and a little "GD" was scribbled down it. I raised my view to his eyes, those hazel eyes which sparked with cuteness and astonishment. I must have looked like a super hero to him. I stand up again and smile him a little bit more, his eyes show so many admiration that I can't help it.

 

 "Oh no! I am late, see you around little GD~" I wave him goodbye and run at full speed to the school, I'm going to be scolded by the lateness and the skirt, I can feel it.

 

 [ Ji Yong POV ] 

 

"My little gentleman will go by himself..." my mothers sees me with a look I don't quite understand. She looks sad but she is smiling, I don't get it, school is just a few blocks away and I don't need to cross any street, I am a grown up now, I think I can walk to school. 

 

"Everything is fine mom...don't cry" I say as I cup her face and give her good-bye kiss while pouting, I know see loves that but I can't figure out why, adults are weird, that's why I am a grown-up, still a cool dragon. 

 

"I will give you 15 minutes then I will call to your teacher to make sure you are there, ok?" I nod after hearing her warning, last week she followed me to school from afar to make sure I knew the path, I know she will do it. I rearrange my backpack and walk towards the entrance, mom send me a last kiss before I closed the door, it will be so awesome. 

 

I happily skipped on the sidewalk seeing all like a new man, I was now independant...or was it indepants? I heard the word and it was something like being strong, adult words are hard sometimes. Suddenly my eyesight went to a flower on a side of the path, maybe if I give it to miss Bom she will give me an extra cookie, I was about to take it until I noticed something on one of the petals. "..." I was staring at that bug, it was weird. Didn't seem poisonous so I needed to prove my braveness to everyone in class by getting it. At that moment I figured, it had so many legs, wasn't it some kind of spider I had never seen? But I already had planned how to brag with everyone, I needed to take it, I was Ji Yong, I was an all-mighty dragon. 

 

"Hey~ you want my help?" I hear a rather manly voice to see a skirt and a big smile, perhaps the biggest smile I have ever seen, it was a she? The big girl tried to be at my height and I could just nod and keep staring at her face. She seemed so nice, so cute, even more cute than my two teachers and my girl friends in school, and they always gave me cookies and juice, but she was touching that thing too? She was the braviest woman I have ever met. She reached of it quickly and her finger touched my hand while giving me the bug, but instead of feeling the legs on my palm I felt them on my stomach, but still it didn't felt discusting. I wanted to say something like thanks, I didn't want to seem rude to her, my mom told me to be a gentleman always but she started running with another bright smile. I got surprised because no adult ever had talked to me by my alias I gave myself, she made it sound like I was a full grown up man. I just waved my hand at her running figure while pressing my chest with my other palm, I think I might have some flu.