Final

Changes

_________________________•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•________________________

Wake up at 6:30 am.

Shower.

Get dressed.

Eat Breakfast.

Go to work.

Come home.

Cook.

Clean up.

Read a book..or watch tv

Go to bed.

 

Repeat.

 

REPEAT.

 

REPEAT...

 

My life has been the same as long as I can remember. I have become a human robot that moves in motion but never feels. There is nothing new or spontaneous that ever happens..my reality is as dull as a white wall. Blank with not even one interesting feature that stands out. I dream every night of breaking this chain of my daily routine but I have become afraid of change. Change can be exciting but also terrifying..sadly I have doomed myself with being comfortable with being boring. How tragic am I?

 

Today was Thursday, I was returning home from work at 5:00 sharp as always. I took the same route that I had memorize so well that I do not even need to look where I walk. The same people walked by me and the buildings all stood identical. I sighed not wanting to look at my surrounding anymore and prepare my mind for the rest of my day. What should I make for dinner? Beef or Pork? This was my most exhilarating time of the day because it was the only thing that changes in my life. I always tried to come up with something different to cook. I experiment with Italian, Japanese and French cuisine and try several different spices with my Korean delicacies. Maybe something with chicken? I imagined a table full of dishes decked in front of me.

 

Little raindrops fell from the sky. I hadn't been aware that it was going to rain today but I didn't mind the rain. I let it just fall and cover my long black hair and run down my round plum shaped face. The sound of thunder followed and I could feel a storm coming on. I picked up the pace not wanting to have the displeasure of being caught in this weather. I saw little kittens soaked from ear to paw race past me into a box. I felt sadden for the little precious creatures..where was their mother? I walked right over to the old dirty box and squat down to get a better look at them. They were all clung together trying to keep warm.

 

“Do you little guys want to come home with me?” I held out my hand to them and one of them popped its head up and stared at me. I smiled and petted its head lightly and heard a small purr. Just when I was about to scoop them into my arms I felt a hard weight on my head that sent me slamming onto the concrete. My vision went black in an instant.

 

 

What happened?

 

I was laying on the cold hard ground, my body was drenched. Ah, my head. I groaned as I open my eyes. I was greeted by the smell of blood and a motionless body that was sprawled out on top of me. It was a boy..his face was covered in bruises and a bandage. If not for the blood that oozed from his cuts I would have stayed still like this just staring at his face. His face was simple yet handsome. The shape of his nose, eyes and lips clashed but were perfect. When was the last time that I have been this close to another person? I could feel a blush coming on as I felt his lips brush against my cheek not purposely. I push away the thoughts sneaking into my mind.

 

“Where did you come from?” I asked. I could not recall how we ended up like this I was simply trying to help the kittens and I ended like this. My head hurt more as I sat up and I felt my own blood run down my forehead. I gasped as the warm substance that covered my small hand. I looked down at the stranger now and saw even more injury to his body. He wore a school uniform that had looked like it seen better days. The box where the kitten once were was empty and the rain had also stop falling. We were alone with the silence and I once again heard him groan.

 

“Hey, are you ok?” My eyes went right to his wrist which were exposed from under their sleeve. There were tiny cuts all over them. I could recognize those types of wounds.

 

Suicidal.

 

Was he trying to kill himself?I looked up and saw a building before us that I known was the place many had jumped from to end their lives. I looked at him the same way as I did those kittens earlier. Why would he want to end his life? Stress from school? Parents? Judging from the fact that we both are still alive meant he must have not jumped from the highest part. He must really not want to die.

 

“I am going to call an ambulance.” I reached into my purse that was lying next to his head and pulled out my cell. Luckily it was not in my pocket or it could have been shattered. As I began to dial the number a hand reached out and grabbed me.

 

“No..no..hospital.” he was barely able to speak or open his eyes. We stared at each other for a brief moment before he passed out.

 

“Ah! Young sir...young sir.” I shake him but he was long gone from consciousness now. I thought about ignoring his wishes but there was something in his eyes that made me reject the idea. Instead I used what strength I had and carried him home. I wasn't much of a nurse but I had some medical supplies stored away in the bathroom. When I reached my apartment, I rushed him to the bed.

 

“Ugh...so heavy.” I rubbed my back. I thought I would die before I made it home. My head was still throbbing and the soreness seem to spread. I grab some pain pills for myself and shove them into my mouth before getting ointment and medicine for his injuries.

 

This was not the new and spontaneous thing I had been praying for. I was hoping for something much less extreme.

 

After I got him treated the best way I could I removed his clothing as well as my sheets which were sprinkled with his blood. I was surprised to see well toned abs underneath the layer of clothing. The blush from earlier returned to my cheeks and I closed my eyes.

 

“Geun...he's a high school kid..” I mummer to myself as I managed to get one of my T-shirts and a pair of sweat pants on him. It was a bit too small but it would have to do. I took the bloody clothes and stuck them into the washing machine. I also removed my own and tossed them in. Heavy duty. I pressed the button. I hope the blood washes out. I slip into the similar type of clothes and return to the bedside. I can't believe this is happening, I can't help but to walk in and out of my room over and over like a mad woman.

 

“There's a boy in my bed...a handsome boy...he's hurt..I forgot to make dinner and its past bedtime.” I tell the details to myself aloud. My routine was broken..and now I needed to figure out what to do now. I could feel myself short circuiting with both fear and excitement.

•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•

I called off from work, something that I never have done. I decided breakfast was a good idea. Yes I would make us breakfast then talk. When I started to prepare the meal I ran across a big problem. What did he like to eat? Did he have allergies. I rummaged through my fridge and pantry trying to gather what could possibly be the best thing to make. Eventually an hour later, I made enough food to feed a village. As I placed the last bowl onto the table I saw that he had left the room.

 

“Ah..hello, my name is Moon Geun Young.” I smiled. “I made breakfast...you must be hun-”

 

“Where am I?” he cut me off in a harsh tone. His eyes glared at me in a dead cold expression.

 

“This is my home..I bought you h-” once again he cut me off.

 

“Are you stupid? Can't you tell when someone wants to die?” he rose his voice at me and I felt a shiver go down my spine.

 

“I....Y..You..shouldn't do such a thing...” I frowned and hoped I sounded sincere. “You're so young..why would you want to die?”

 

“None of your business..” he spat at me and looked at the food I prepared. I smiled when I saw him sit and eat. Even the way he ate was harsh like the way he spoke. I felt awkward and unable to speak to him so I remained quiet and ate too. “Where's your parents at?” he asked me.

 

“I live alone.”I said in a low voice.

 

“A little girl like you lives alone?” he raised a brow.

 

I wasn't too surprised that he thought I was younger than what I was. A lot of people mistake me for a kid because of my petite body and childlike face. I chuckled at his question and responded.

 

“I'm not a kid, I am an adult.”

 

He looked me over once more and rolled his eyes. I guess he didn't believe me. After he was done, he made his way towards my front door.

 

“W-Where are you going?” I panicked and stood from the table.

 

“Yet again, none of your business.” he opened my door and left with a slam not even bothering to say bye.

 

I couldn't just let him leave, he was still very much hurt and I didn't know if he would try to kill himself again. I grabbed my house keys and purse before following right behind him.

 

“Wait..please come back. You need to rest.” I called after him as I caught up to his side.

 

Go away..kid.” he scoff at me. I pulled onto his arm and he pulled back forcefully. I probably looked like a fool right now stalking him and trying to get him to return to my apartment but I couldn't get myself to give up. I felt like it was my duty to protect him. I could tell he was getting more and more annoyed by my actions. Once he got the chance, he sprinted away from me.

 

Wait” I screamed and once more chased him down the street. He was quick like a rabbit and I could barely keep up with him. My throat started to burn and I could feel my legs start to give out as I turned a corner into an alley. I froze when I saw him surrounded by a bunch of men down at the end. They were all dressed in black and wore tattoos. The boy was being kicked and punched about. The oldest among the group pulled out a gun and pressed it against the boy's forehead.

 

No, stop!” I scream regaining energy and sprinted down the end of the alley. The man had turned to look at me and there was a look of amusement in his eyes. “Please..stop..don't shoot him.”I begged.

 

Didn't I tell you to go away.” The boy screamed at me.

 

Sorry..little lady but this piece of shi** owes me some money and he ain't paid me. I hate waiting.” he slowly pulled on the trigger. The other gang members held onto me as I try to grab at the gun. I could feel tears running down my cheeks as I stare at horror at the man being so careless about another's life.

 

I'll pay..I'll pay!” I cried. “Please, don't shoot..” the men released me. I quickly fished around in my purse and pulled out a checkbook I wrote down a large amount not really paying much attention to the number but just more focus on getting out of this situation. “Is this enough?” I handed the small slip a paper to him. He snatched it from me and removed the gun from the boy's forehead.

 

“Looks like your little girlfriend saved ya.” he slapped him with the gun. “I'll let you go but don't let me see you again.” he made a hand gesture to his gang and they all went to his side. The man spat at our feet before leaving us behind in his shadow.

 

“Why, did you do that?” his rough tone returned.

 

“Don't you know how to say thank you?” I asked.

 

“I didn't ask you to do that?” he turned from me and I could tell he was planning on leaving me. I felt a surge of anger stir inside me. A feeling I had not felt in a long time. I rushed past him and block his path, my hand moved on its own accord and slapped him across the cheek.

 

“You listen here! I don't know how you were raised but that's not how you talk to an adult especially one who saved your life..twice! Don't you dare walk away when I am talking to you..you hear?” his glare was now replaced with shock. I got the feeling maybe no one has spoken to him like this because his mouth gape opened. “Now..you're going home with me and that's final.” I grabbed his hand and pulled him along. I felt a tug from his after a moment of walking.

 

“You ain't my mom! Let go!” he yelled at me. We started to wrestle around in the alleyway. My back slammed against the wall and I was losing grip of him.

 

“Stop it...” I screamed.

 

“No..you stop it..” he hollered back.

 

“Why are you being like this?” He had gotten free from me now and shoved me away.

 

“Cus..you don't need to act like you care about me...you don't even know me.” He said the last part in a softer tone.

 

“So what if I don't know you..I'm not going to abandon you.” Tears welled up in my eyes.

 

“Everyone else does..why change now?” He looked away from me. “My life has been the same s***tty routine everyday. I thought I could finally just end it all.” Was he going to cry? I could tell even though he wasn't facing me that he was in pain. I didn't know what else to do at this moment so I did what felt natural.

 

I hugged him.

 

“I don't know how your life has been and you don't have to tell me...I know what its like to have a life that never changes and remains the same, it's pure torture...I would know, that's how mine has been..until..I met you.” I hugged him tighter. “I don't know if its fate that we met but I can't just let you leave..this may sound crazy but I need you..”

 

There was the return of the silence. I closed my eyes and prepared for him to part from me. I can't believe I said all that to a boy I hadn't even known for 24 hours. All my emotions that once were sleeping have just seem to all awaken. I lost control...my humanity came back.

 

“Yongguk...” I heard him say and I open my eyes.

 

“Huh?” I asked confused.

 

“My name...is Yongguk.” he embraced me. Yongguk finally looked at me again with a small gummy grin. I could see tears were in his eyes just like mine. This felt like the real him I was seeing. “Noona..l need you too.”

 

Woke up at almost 7.

Cooked a feast.

He woke up.

Talked.

Chased Yongguk.

Met a gangster.

Paid Yongguk's debt.

Argued with Yongguk.

Made up with Yonguk.

…......

What happens next?

_________________________•ღƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღ•________________________

 

Author's note

 

Thank you for reading ^^ I appreciate it. Was this story cute..weird? I don't know. This idea was stalking my brain all day so I decided to just go ahead and share it with the world.

That smile is so addicting.