The Hunt

13 Ghosts?

 

“Jinjja?” I asked.

Youngdae nodded. “Ne. They said that house’s abandoned 3 years ago. And people here said they sometimes hear noises in that house.”

“What kind of noises?”

“They said they heard someone laughing in the middle of the night. And you know what? It’s rumored that there’s more than one ghost in there.”

“Are you really sure that it’s haunted?”

“Ne.”

“Have someone tried entering?”

She shook her head. “No one dared.”

I smiled. This is interesting. “A haunted house? Tch. I’ll look inside to know what’s in there. Wanna join, huh?”

“I-I don’t want to die yet.”

I nodded. “I understand. Then I’ll just go there alone.”

“A-Are you sure?”

“Ne. I’m Kim Hyejoo. I’m afraid of nothing. I’ll prove to them that there’s no ghost here. It’s just part of people’s imagination.”

“Don’t do this, Hyejoo. It’s too dangerous.”

“Nothing will happen to me, Youngdae. I told you, I’m Kim-”

She interrupted me. “Araso, araso. Do what you want. It’s not my fault if something happened to you.”

“Ne. Don’t worry.”

She sighed. “Kaja. It’s getting dark,” then she pulled me away from the house.

That house is interesting. It’s big but kind of old. I wonder if it’s really abandoned. If I’m not mistaken, I saw someone there last night. Oh well. Let’s just see what’s going to happen.

“Are you really sure about this?” Youngdae asked.

I nodded. “Ne.”

“Be careful, araso? Call me if something happened.”

“Araso,” then I looked at my watch. 8 pm. “I’ll go now.”

“I’ll wait you here. Just make it fast, araso?”

“Ne,” then I walked towards the house.

The door’s opened so I found it easy to make it to the living room. It’s dark. Luckily, I found the switch and turned the lights on. Wow. The room’s really clean. Looks like someone’s cleaning it. That means someone’s living here. I sat on the couch and took my camera. Then I heard footsteps from upstairs. I stood up and went there. The hallway’s also dark. Good thing I have my flashlight with me. I slowly walked towards the first room. I turned the knob but it’s locked.

“Ssshhh….”

I heard someone hissed. I walked towards the second room and still, it’s locked. Again, footsteps echoed in the room. I smiled. This is exciting. What an unforgettable experience. I turned around, planning to go downstairs. Then…

“Look here…”

It’s a guy. That voice is from a guy. And I think it’s coming from the opposite side of the hall. I slowly walked towards the end of the hall and saw a room. Locked.

“Tch. What a boring haunted house,” I whispered then went upstairs.

The third floor’s much, much darker. I walked towards a room then I kicked a ball. A ball… Someone’s really living here. I turned the knob. Finally, I found an open room. I entered the room and turned the lights on. Oh. A music room, a very clean music room. I saw a piano so I went towards it. I was about to press a random key when I heard someone whispered.

“Stop that…”

I smirked. “Tch,” then I pressed a note. The sound filled the room.

I sat on the chair in front of the piano and started playing a random piece. Again, I heard footsteps. It came from the stairs. I stood up and went outside the room to check. Then I saw the door from the next room moved. But it’s already locked when I turned the knob. I sighed. They’re hiding. Wae?

“Just keep quiet…”

The sound came from the room I just checked. Someone’s in there. I can hear them talk to each other. I listened intently.

“A beggar?”

“Aniyo. It’s Hyejoo.”

They know me? How? Am I that famous that even ghosts know me?

“But why is she here?”

“Mollayo. Maybe  a dare.”

“I knew it. She’s brave enough to enter our house.”

I smiled. ne, I’m brave. I’m afraid of nothing.

“So what are we going to do now?”

“Let’s just wait for five minutes. If she’s still here, then we’ll tell her. If she’s already gone, this will remain a secret.”

So, there’s no ghost. Someone’s living here. And right, not only one.

*Tok! Tok! Tok!*

I knocked. I really want to know who these people are. Then the door opened.

“S-Sungmin?” I asked, surprised.

He smiled at me. “Annyeong haseyo.”

The school’s heartthrobs. Why are they here?

“We’ve been living here for three years now,” Leeteuk said.

“We moved here because fangirls are annoying us,” Yesung added.

“Everyday, we receive letters and gifts from them. The phone’s always ringing. Aish! Those are the consequences when you have good looks,” Heechul said. “It’s really difficult to be handsome.”

“That’s why we’ve decided to live together in this house,” Kibum said.

“Where did those rumors come from?” I asked.

Leeteuk smiled. “We made them.”

“What?!”

“We stated telling people that ghosts live here. At night, we’ll make noises for the people to believe that ghosts really exist here,” Shindong explained.

“And fortunately, they bought our gimmick,” Kyuhyun said then shook his head. “People nowadays are easy to fool.”

“So please, just keep this a secret,” Eunhyuk said.

“No one will know, araso?” Donghae also said.

I nodded and smiled. “Araso.”

“Tell us. Where did you get the strength and determination to enter this house?” Siwon asked.

Ryeowook nodded. “Ne, that’s right. Aren’t you afraid of ghosts?”

I smirked. “Remember this. I’m Kim Hyejoo. I’m afraid of nothing.”

“What happened?” Youngdae asked.

I shrugged. “Nothing.”

“What?”

“Nothing’s in there. It’s really boring.”

She nodded. “Araso.”

I smiled. “Kaja.”

“Ne,” then we left.

Now, I solved the mystery of that big, old house.

 

~END~

 

So how was it? Sorry if it's not a good one. It's my first time! I guess I just have to practice. Hehehe. Thanks for reading!