A new life.

Not alone.

 

 

"You're officially married."

 

How could she do that to me? She thinks she can change my life in one day? And me? Did she think about me, about my feelings? Her world just turns around herself. Why am I even her daughter? I'm dying inside. I need my dad..He's the only one who can understands me. "Be strong Hyeri, I believe in you.' Those were the last words he said to me before leaving me for heaven. Dad, I promise that I'll be by your side, one day. Just wait for me, because this is the beginning of an everlasting nightmare. 

I looked at my mum as she was kissing that guy. That korean guy. I never thought we'll go back to Seoul. I was happy in California. I had a life. It wasn't that perfect yet not that happy but I was alive, I wasn't that depressed sad girl that I am now. Seoul makes me feel like I am dying day by day because I lost the life that I had builted on my own in California. I lost my friends.I lost my dad. I lost the persons that loved me the most. I didn't have siblings, I was alone but I was satisfied with my life. Life,that's what I need right now. And my mum has just took it  away from me. I promised not to cry but it was impossible. I can't believe that that guy  will be my father. No, he's definitely not my father. He'll never be my father. Never.

"Hyeri come here, I want to introduce you to someone special." Shouted my mum as she was standing near the buffet with her husband and a blonde haired teenager. I slowly stood up of my sit , took a glass of juice and made my way towards them. I politely bowed to them and tried to smile to seem happy for my mum even though my eyes were showing the contrary of what I wanted to look like. "This is my daughter. Hyeri please say hi to your step brother Baekhyun. He's older than you but you'll surely be good friends." announced my mother. I looked at her dumbfounded. My step brother? And who told her that I wanted to have a brother? No. I refuse that decision. And how could she takes decisions on her own without listening to my point of view? Huh. She actually never did. I casted a glance at Baekhyun. He wasn't that tall nor that short. I must admit that he was so handsome with his shiny eyes, squishy cheeks and heart-shaped lips. He wasn't that perfect but he stills good looking. He wasn't that talkative, too I tried to greet him but he didn't answer. He seemed somehow scared of me, like a little child who was worried about what's going to happen if he says a single word. "Well seems like you can't accept the fact that I'll be your ..sis..sister." I finally said when my mother walked away with her husband to welcome her friends. I took a sit next to him and tried to figure out why he was that shy. Wait. Why do I even care? Maybe because he was so strange and that I had to discover why he wasn't replying.

"Huh fine.. It's okay if you hate me but please if you're trying to make my life even worse, it's not that funny. I mean eomma is getting married to your father and I know that you can't accept that fact and so do I .. But let's try to forget about that, yeah? At least, you can feel my pain..well, I suppose that you do no?" I said waiting hopefully for a response.

"I want Soojin back. I want Soojin back. I want Soojin back." He couldn't stop repeating that constantly with absolutely no emotions. Who is Soojin? I need to know. Why do I need to know? I had too much questions but no answer to any of them. I took a deep breath and managed to finally anwer to his endless monologue.

 

"Is Soojin even alive?"