The Writing Aint yours?

The Writing Aint yours?

It was way too early in the morning for anyone to be called out of their bed, but here you were; dragging yourself into the direction of your frontdoor after you heard it's bell ring. Your eyes were still heavy with sleep, but you couldn't care less since you figured no one important would be at your door anyway. And you were right. Upon opening the door your eyes met an empty hallway, which confused you even more in your sleepy state. It was only when your eyes dropped back down that you managed to see the small envelope that was place there with a rose. "Hu?" you mumbled to yourself, taking a quick look around before you grabbed it and went back inside. It was definitely meant for you, that much was clear by how your name was so gracefully written on it. Feeling your heart beat faster and faster, you hurried to open it..

"I never told you I needed you, 
Like a rose needs the rain.
How could you possibly know how much?
So I reach for your love
Like the moon and the stars
Ever in my sight
Ever out of touch.

~~ Please wear this rose to the party tonight and so will I."

Your breath got stuck in your throat upon reading it. Although you did not recognize the writing, there was certainly a picture of someone that came to mind. Bang Yongguk. You had met him through friends of yours. Or maybe 'friends' wasn't exactly the correct term. Ever since you started to hang out with Yongguk and his friends, you started to realize that Jinyoung, Maya and Felix, weren't exactly the spitting image of good friends. Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun and there others of his band were much more fun and were people you could actually rely on. That much couldn't be said about your Felix and his group of little devils, as you had started to call them. Nonetheless, you were grateful you had met Yongguk through them and at the mention of tonight's party, you couldn't help but think of him instantly. No one else that knew you would be able to write that well or would possibly have interest in you as far as you knew...So it had to be him.
Inrequited love. It was a painful and troublesome situation. But at times like these you felt your own hope flame up inside of you like a phoenix rising from the ashes. There had been times before where Yongguk seemed to have interest in you. Small moments where you caught him looking at you when you glanced into his direction. Or those times he hugged you closely... That were moments you started to believe he really did feel something for you. But at the same time it did feel like that was where it stopped completely and he no longer showed any lasting signs of interest. He didn't contact you very often, so it was hard to believe there was any feelings involved. But now..What if it was actually him?

Suddenly a new excitement for that evening hit you; Making you run to your bathroom in order to get ready and buy a new dress for that evening. If your secret admirer was coming out for his love tonight, you'd better look good! So within no time you were out of the house and off to buy a new dress.

And then it finally became that moment. High heels, perfect dress that hugged your curves in the right way, wavy hair and just the right amount of confidence to make people stop for a moment and stare. That was the way you looked that night as you made you way over to club where you would meet your friends...And Yongguk. The rose was securely attached to your dress, making it stand out against your skin in a way it just simply couldn't go unnoticed. And quickly you entered the dim-lit club; the deep bass pounding against your eardrums and your eyes squinting at the flashing lights. Where would you find him? Your hands were clutching the letter tight as you made your way through the crowded area and over to the place where you could usually find them, the baloncy outside. And you were right, there was Yongguk....With a rose carefully tucked into the pocket of his suit jacket. Oh my god. It was him.

"Yongguk! Hey!" you smiled, walking up to him with a small smile on your face. That smile was mirrored as he turned around and happily faced you. "Oh! ____-ah! Nice to see you!" he grinned, showing his gummy smile to you. "Oh, you're wearing a rose too, that's great. Did Maya give it to you too?" he added on instantly, making your eyebrows raise instantly. "Maya? No, no, you asked me to wear it, remember?" you blurted out instantly, feeling your heart slam against the inside of your chest. It only got worse as he let out a small laugh and confusion slipped over his face. "What do you mean I asked you? I havn't heard from you in weeks? Maya just came up to me and tucked it in here.." he went on, his voice faltering ever so slightly as he saw your smile drop. Of course your emotions were more than visible on your face, since you felt every hope and dream you'd ever had fall to pieces with every word he said. How could he smile so happily and tell you it wasn't him? "But.. This letter .. it said.. I thought..." you muttered as you held it up and he instantly took it from you. "That's not my writing, ___-ah... I..I'm sorry.. I..." Yongguk reacted; making your heart crumble to pieces.

What was all of this? How could he possible be saying it wasn't him who wrote that? How could he... No, it wasn't his fault..He couldn't have... Maya. Your thoughts were jumbled and getting foggy; just like your sight was; due to the tears that welled up in your eyes as you processed this information. As soon as you remembered that name, you turned away from Yongguk and the others who were staring at you; eyes full of worry. And from the second you turned, you were instantly confronted with the total opposite: eyes filled with laughter and cruelty; the eyes of the people that had purposely tried to hurt you.

Felix, Jinyoung, Maya, Minwoo, ... all of them were standing there, laughing as they pointed at the roses they were holding. "Wow, I guess that was a huge dissapointment _____!" Maya said in that hateful tone of hers as the others laughed. "Oh ___, be my rose! I need yoooou. I loooove yooou!" Felix continued, making it feel as if he was stomping with his feet on the already broken pieces of you. Never in your life had you felt so powerless at a situation you were in. It was as if you were drenched in ice cold water that chilled you to the bone and made you unable to do or say anything in that moment. Time stood still, everything froze and you just stared at them as your pain swallowed you whole. They had done this to hurt you, to humiliate you,... But that was also the exact time everything seemed to flashforward.

You didn't seem him pass you, nor did you see him swing his arm. But your entire being was brought back to reality from the second you saw Felix drop down backwards; reaching for his nose as Yongguk stood above him; fuming with anger. "Which one of you son of a es had to nerve to come up with that kind of idea, hu?" he snapped; his eyes narrowed in such a way you could feel the hatred radiate from them. "Jeez Yongguk, relax! It was just a joke!"Jinyoung returned as she helped Felix - with a bleeding and probably broken nose - back to his feet. "A joke? Bullying someone like that, you think it's funny?" he yelled loudly at them. The entire crowd on the balcony had stopped talking and the only other thing to be heard was the booming music that came from inside of the club. "Well? Do you? Do you?!!" he continued on, seeing the other's faces struck with fear and disbelief at his reaction. Out of all the things that could have happened, you were now certain they didn't think Yongguk would stick up for you. But he definitely was and it made you feel ever so slightly better about all of this.

"Well it was just for fu-" "You -" Felix had tried to say a word, but was instantly stopped as Yongguk lurched for him again. Unfortunately - a part of you did want him to hit Felix again- the other guys were there to hold Yongguk back; having Himchan and Daehyun pull him backwards again as he squirmed in anger, yet let him be dragged back to your side. "Are you okay?" he mumbled to you, getting nothing but a small nod out of you. But it was a lie, a complete and total lie since you still felt ice cold, and it wasn't because of the wind outside. Not that you could have done or said anything else, since Felix had found his courage again; speaking loudly all of a sudden. "I'm surprised you even dare to say anything hyung." he said while looking at Yongguk. "Since you didn't even had the balls to confess to her to begin with, you cowardly . You broke my nose! You're so gonna pay for this!" he was now yelling. But that was also when Yongguk ripped himself free from his friends and was already on top of Felix again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About half an hour later you were sitting outside of the club, accompanying Yongguk, who had been thrown out of the club right after Felix had been carried to the EHBO. He wasn't too badly wounded... Well, aside from the broken nose maybe. But as Yongguk sat beside you, it definitely wasn't Felix you were worried about. "Does your hand still hurt?" you wondered, watching him clean off some of the blood with a tissue you gave him. "No it's fine." he replied shortly, making your heart drop to your stomach again. Every since Felix had said those words, you had been waiting for a moment to clear up the situation. What was that about not daring to confess to you? Was it true? Was it a lie Felix told only to upset you even more and to set Yongguk's teeth on edge even more because he felt humiliated too? You couldn't tell. And since you already walked around with a giant lump in your throat, you figured you'd better just ask to get it over with. It was better to have all of the pain right now, rather than to be faced with it again later on.

"Yongguk.." you started, seeing his head move up to look at you. You could see in his eyes he knew what was about to come. "About ... What Felix said just now. About you and... I... Is it true?" you carefully tried. it was hard to put it into words, but there, it was said and done. And in return he sighed, looking down as he studied his knuckles in silence for a few seconds. "Do you mean the coward part? Because that's apparently very true. Since you even had more balls to come up to me, than I ever had." he said, confusing you. "What do you mean? That letter, it wasn't you, right? It was just Felix and his stupid gang of es." you said as you gritted your teeth. Your embarrassment had made room for anger. "Because he overheard me, _____-ah. It's all my fault to begin with.." he sighed, making your mouth fall open. What did he say then? What could he have done that it was his fault? "I was talking to Himchan the other day how I was trying to think of good ways to confess to you... Don't look at me like that." he reacted, seeing how you gasped for air and your eyes widened at the mention of confessing to you. So it was true? "And he must've overheard us talking about it. I always knew he was an , but I never thought he'd pull of a stunt like this though." he shook his head with a sigh before looking at you. Seeing you staring all dazed at him, he waved his hand in front of your face with a cute smile on his face. "Earth to _____-ah." he laughed, which made you snap out of it and quickly close your mouth again.

"Oh.. oh Sorry. I'm just. I.." you started, trying to possibly cover the fact you were so shocked over his returned feelings. But it was too late. "Are you really that surprised I like you?" Yongguk started, still smiling so beautifully at you. "I've been trying to make it clear to you for so long, but I've really been a chicken about it. It's just so hard since you're so pretty and..." he choked on his own words as he realized what he just blurted out. It had the blood rush to his cheeks to create a cute blush that instantly brought a smile to your lips. It was as if nothing from before actually happened, since you felt your heart flutter as it glued itself back together. "You think I'm pretty?" you smiled. "Of course I think you're pretty, did you take a look at yourself? Damn." he reacted, running his hand through his hair and hissing at the pain he felt on his bruised knuckles. "Ahh be careful with that!" you instantly scolded, though your smile never faded as you reached for his hand while grabbing your purse. "I'll put some band-aids on the biggest wounds. But no more hitting people from now on, okay?" you told him in a serious tone. "Can I hit on you though? From now on?" his words made you snap your head up again. "Really now?" you laughed, amused by his words and feeling yourself get giddy. "Well, since the secret was revealed anyway, i might as well completely go for it, now, right?" he said, obviously waiting for an answer. "Definitely." you grinned. "Perfect, just what I needed to hear." Yongguk then replied, surprising you by reaching forward and kissing you without any hint of doubt left. And you swore it felt like, in that moment, you certainly had captured the moon and the stars, all for yourself.