Time (시간이)

Time (시간이)

Time


"Oppa, what do you think Kai would like?" Eun Ae asked me as we buy a birthday gift for Kai.

"I'm sure he'll love anything as long as it's from you." I smiled.

Well, that's what I think. I will be happy when she gives me anything as long as it's from her, but sadly, it's not mine. The feelings that I have is one sided. She loved Kai so much. But I'm okay. As long as she's alright, I'm fine with it.

"Hmm, I'll buy these shoes then." She smiled. That smile that I love so much. But it's not mine. It's Kai's. Eun Ae loves him so much.

"I'm sure he'll love it."

"Mm. I hope so." She replied and we headed to the counter to pay for the shoes.

After paying, we went back to our school since our break is almost over and Eun Ae's next class is next.

"Eunnie." Kai approached.

"Oh my god. He's here. My gift!" She panicked with her eyes wide open.

"Give me that. I'll hide it for you."

"Thank you oppa!" She giggled and gave the paper bag to me.

"Hey love." Kai approached and hugged her.

My chest hurts. It hurts to see that every time they're together. Sometimes, I wish that I was Kai so that her smile, her laugh and everything will be mine. But unfortunately, I'm Nam Woohyun. I'm only a childhood friend for Eun Ae. Why can't she love me instead of him? I know her way longer than Kai. This is why sometimes, I find life unfair.

"Boo!" I flinched.

"Chan Mi! Goodness! Stop doing that!" She chuckled.

"Aigoo Oppa, you never change. I always do that."

"Yeah, when I'm spacing out. I hate you." She laughed.

"Chan Mi-ah, you're here?" Eun Ae said.

"Mm. Just came back. Oh that's the bell, we have to go Eunnie, and we’ll be late!"

"Okay! See you later Woohyun oppa!" She said and hugged me.

"Oh.. Yeah, see you later."

"Hide my gift okay?" She whispered and winked.

"I will." I smiled back and nodded.

"Kai, see you later!" She said and kissed him.

"Mm. See you later Eunnie. I love you."

"Love you too! Bye!" She said then left. Why didn't she kiss me? Oh yeah, He's the boyfriend and I'm the friend.

"Hyung?" Kai chuckled and called me.

"What?"

"We have to go too. We'll be late. Stop spacing out geez." I laughed.

"Oh right."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After our class, I received a text from Eun Ae.

Eun Ae 
5/23/14 5:00 P.M

Oppa! I'm going somewhere to buy Kai's cake! Distract him for me okay?

To: Eun Ae

Arasso. Is Chan Mi there?

Eun Ae
5/23/14 5:03 P.M

Mm! She's already there!

To: Eun Ae

Okay. We're on our way to the apartment.

Kai and I rode the bus on our way back. He doesn't have any clue that 'We' are planning a surprise party for him. Well actually, it's Eun Ae's idea so I'm not actually in it. I'm just helping because of Eun Ae.

When we reached our stop, we get off the bus and headed on their apartment. We rang the doorbell and Chan Mi opened the door.

"Oh, You're here!" Chan Mi exclaimed. She stepped to the side and welcomed us in.

"Where's Eunnie?" Kai asked while scanning the room.

"Oh uh.. She-"

"She told me that she went out a bit."

"Oh. Okay then."

I winked at Chan Mi and she giggled. After a while, I received a text from Eun Ae.

Eun Ae
5/23/14 5:46 P.M

Oppa! Tell Kai to open the door! ^^

To: Eun Ae

Arasso. Ring the doorbell and I'll tell him to open it.

Eun Ae
5/23/14 5:47 P.M

Arasso~

After a while, the doorbell rang. I had the urge to open it knowing that it's Eun Ae, but no. I sighed and called Kai.

"Yah Kim Jongin, Open the door."

"Okay." he stood up and Chan Mi grinned at me.

"Kaja!" I laughed and followed her. When the door opened, Kai was surprised.

"SURPRISE!"

"Eunnie!" he smiled.

"Happy Birthday Kai!" She smiled and hugged him. I let out a bitter smile. Ouch. Really. I wish I was Kai.

"Thank you love." he replied and kissed Eun Ae.

As much as I want to grab him and push him away, I can't. Because Eun Ae loves him so much. I hate my life. I hate the how much I love her.

We all headed inside and started the party. Goodness, this will be a long night.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The next day, Kai and Chan Mi didn't go to class because of the hangover so Eun Ae and I headed on. I kind of like it though. One day alone with Eun Ae. How great will that be? I can't stop smiling and I know I look like an idiot. A grinning idiot that is.

"Oppa, you seem happy."

Yeah! You bet! One day with you! "Am I?" - lie. "Maybe I'm still not over with the party last night?" - Double lie.

She giggled. "Yeah, but there are people who aren't over with the party last night."

We both laughed. I'm glad they are though. "I still have an hour and a half before my next class oppa. How about you?"

"Same."

"Ah jinja?! Let's go somewhere then!"

"Are you sure?" I asked. Oh come on Nam Woohyun. You're jumping inside! You obviously love it!

"Of course! I want to hang out with you oppa!" I smiled.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

We both headed to the mall to kill our time. I never loved statistics in my whole life. I smiled and watch Eun Ae walk beside me. The Eun Ae that is with me right now is mine. Just for one hour, she's mine.

"Oppa, here taste mine!"She said handing me her sweets.

"Mm. It's delicious."

"Right? Kai doesn't like it. I'm glad you do oppa!"

Somehow what she just told me made me happy. For the first time she loved me more Kai.

"Oppa, you should get yourself a girlfriend." It's like the whole world stopped for me.

"I don't need one." she laughed.

"What? You're planning on getting old alone?!"

"Maybe?" she chuckled.

"Why?!"

"Because the girl that I love is already taken. I'm contented with just being by her side."

"Omo oppa. You have someone you like and you didn't even tell me?! You meanie!" Because it's you, idiot.

I laughed and didn't answer. "Introduce her to me!"

"Arasso. I will someday." she smiled.

"Don't worry oppa! She will be yours! I'll help you!" I smiled.

"Oh? It's almost time. Let's go back?" I nodded and watch her walk ahead me.

"I wish you can Eun Ae. I wish you can."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Class was dismissed earlier than I expected so I headed back to the dorm. I bought some hangover soup for Kai. I'm a very considerate person you know? I entered the password and twisted the doorknob open.

"Shoes? Do we have a visitor?" I muttered and stared at the shoes. It seemed familiar.

"Ah! Chan Mi! She's here?" I shrugged and walked in.

"Saranghae." I flinched. What was that?

I walked in and saw Chan Mi lying on Kai lap with their fingers entwined. And they kissed. Oh my goodness they kissed! What the hell? "What the hell are you both doing?"

They both gasped and stood away from each other. "O..Oppa.." "H..Hyung." they said in unison.

"I'M ASKING WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?! AND DID YOU JUST KISSED?!"

"Oppa.. We just-"

"What? If you’re going to tell me that it's just a friendly kiss, then why do it with him?! Kai's Eun Ae's boyfriend!"

"Hyung please.. Let us explain!"

I scoffed. "Explain? Sure. Let's hear it. What's the I love you all about huh?"

"Hyung calm down.."

"CALM DOWN?! HOW THE HECK CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN THE GIRL THAT I LOVE THE MOST IS BEING CHEATED ON?!"

"What? You.. You love  Eun Ae?" Kai asked.

I scoffed. Blood rushed through my head. I want to hit him so bad that it'll ruin his damn face! "Yeah.. I love her. So what are you going to tell me? Stay away from her? That she's yours? HELL KAI! SHE LOVES YOU VERY MUCH AND YOU CHEATED ON HER?!!"

I glared at Chan Mi. "And on top of that, you’re the one that he cheated on. Eun Ae's best friend. I can't believe this."

"Oppa.. I'm sorry.." she said and started to cry. Does she have a right to cry?!! "I..I just love Kai so much.. I can't help it.."

"Since when?"

"E..eh?"

"Since when did you both start cheating on her?!"

They didn't answer. ". Are you both going to talk or not?"

"Hyung.."

"ANSWER ME!"

Kai sighed. "Since Chan Mi's birthday.."

"What did you just say?" What the hell did he just say? Since Chan Mi's birthday? Goodness that's almost seven months! That means..

"That means.. That means that you're both cheating on Eun Ae when she had her birthday?!!!"

"Hyung.. I'm sorry.. I just knew that I love Chan Mi. I love Eun Ae too. So much-"

"So much? Then why did you cheated on her?!!!! You bastard!" I can't help but to punch him. I'm so mad at him right now. How can he do this to Eun Ae?!

"Go out. Just go out for tonight. I can't bear to see your faces."

"Hyung-"

"Out!" he sighed stood up. "And Kai."

He looked back and stared at me. "I'm not going to tell Eun Ae. You both tell her. I'm giving you a week. Tell her or else I would."

I glared at them for the last time and walked back to my room. I can't take to see their faces. I don't know if I can even look at Eun Ae's face.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Wah~ it's so delicious!" Eun Ae exclaimed.

I just smiled at her. I can't look at her straight for now. I looked at Kai and Chan Mi and they are not smiling. Good for them. If they do, I don't think if I can endure myself anymore.

"What's wrong with all of you? Did you not like the food? Why are you like this?"

"E..Eun Ae-ah," Kai held her hand. Disgusting.

"Hmm? Why?"

I can see him hesitate. I know what he's thinking. I really know. "A..Ani."

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. I scoffed and stood up.

"Oppa?"

"I'm going."

"Eh? But we just got here. And you didn't even eat you food. Do you not like my cooking?"

"I don't think I have an appetite to eat anymore." I said and glared at Kai.

"Hyung wait!" he called.

"What?" he sighed and looked at Chan Mi.

"Eun Ae-ah. Mianhae."

"Eh?"

"Kai!" Chan Mi stood up.

"Chan Mi and I.. We've been cheating on you."

Eun Ae stood up. Tears started to flow from her eyes as she shakes her head no. "Y..you're lying. Chan Mi's... Chan Mi's my best friend.. She can't do that to me.. And.. And don't you love me Kai? Y..You told me right?"

"Eun Ae-" he attempted to hold her but she stepped back.

"H..How could you both do this to me? I.. I just told myself that what I read on your phone is just a dream!"

We all looked at her. What she has read? What is she talking about?

"What?"

"I saw it. 'I'll find a good time to tell her. I love you Chan Mi.' I read it..." I clenched my fist. This bastard! I ran over to him and punched him in the face, and this time, even harder.

"Oppa!!" Chan Mi exclaimed.

I glared at both of them and grabbed Eun Ae's arm. We both left their apartment and headed to mine.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"Eun Ae." I knelt in front of her but she's not responding. Tears just kept on flowing in her eyes as she stares at nowhere.

"Eun Ae, please.."

"Oppa.. What do I have to do now? It just hurts so much.. What do I do?" I pulled her to a hug and rested my chin on her head.

"Mianhae."

"Did you know before?" I nodded and she smiled.

"Eun Ae I'm really sorry.." she shook her head.

"Ani. It's okay... It's not your fault.. Maybe.. He doesn't even love me from the start.. Maybe, it's just a one side love.."

"No Eun Ae.. He loved you. But it changed when Chan Mi confessed."

"Ani. If he really loves me, he won't fall for Chan Mi..." she's right. If that bastard really loves her, he won't leave her. Aish just by thinking of him makes me mad!

"Just rest for now."

"Oppa.. The girl that you like.. Tell me who she is." I froze. She what?!

"W..what?"

"I'll help you. With that girl. I won't let you end up like me." she smiled.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"She'll hurt even more if she knows. Now sleep."

She sighed. "Arasso.."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

For breakfast, I prepared Eun Ae's favorite food. I'm thinking that by that, she can be happy. Well, I'm not expecting for her to recover that fast. And also, I'm not using this opportunity to tell her my feelings. It'll ruin her even more.

"Jajangmyun.. I smell heaven in the kitchen.." I chuckled. She's still has her bed hair on.

"I would appreciate if you would just make yourself presentable."

"I have to look appropriate for my situation. I'm broken-hearted." I laughed. "Is it done yet?"

"Yeah. Let's eat." she instantly sat on the chair and held the chopsticks on her hands.

"Goodness Eun Ae. Don't act like a pig."

"Just place that here already oppa!!!!" I laughed.

"Arasso. Here." she smiled widely and started eating.

I smiled and watched her eat. "I'm not expecting this."

"Eksfectinh bwat?" she said with full.

"Can you just swallow first before asking a freaking question?!"

"Oh!" She gulped. "Mian. I said, expecting what?"

"For you to recover that fast."

"Oh.. That? Actually I still haven't. I'm just not thinking about it. I have cried enough."

"You're a strong person Eun Ae." she smiled.

"Now finish eating."

"Mm! I'll eat well!"

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

A month has passed after Eun Ae and Kai's breakup. She's been staying with me after that incident.

After school, both of us just stayed at the apartment. I moved Kai's thing out and asked him to leave. Don't worry, I'm not that mean. I called my auntie who has an apartment so I helped him. He's still my friend and I'm just doing what's right. Is it really what is right? I mean.. It is, right?

I heard a sob when I knocked at Eun Ae's door. Sh*t. She's crying again.

"Eun Ae, what's wrong?"

"Oppa.. I'm confused.. I can't take it anymore.."

"Confused?" I sat beside her and asked. "About what?"

"Us.." my whole world stopped. What's with the word 'us'?

"I.. I don't-"

"Oppa.. I think.. I think.. I'm falling for you." my eyes widen. Did I just hear it wrong?

"You're being like that because of Kai. You're mistaken."

"Ani.. It hurts.. It hurts whenever I ask you about the girl you like. I don't even know what she looks like and what she's like! And whenever we talk about her, it just hurts. And you know what? I'm confused because of Kai! I don't even kn-"

I shut her up. Goodness I shut her up with a kiss. What the hell am I doing?! My body moved on its own. I pulled her closer and hugged her. I can feel her tears as I hold her cheeks. Goodness really what am I doing? I pulled back and looked at her. Now tell her you're sorry Nam Woohyun!

"You want to know and see the girl that I like?!" No. That's not what I'm supposed to be saying! Damn mouth!

"Oppa.." I grabbed her arm and made her stand on her mirror.

"The girl that you're seeing right now is the girl that I like for almost twelve years." she gasps.

"S..So."

"But no Eun Ae. I'm not putting us in a relationship right now. For now you're confused. You need time. We both need time." I smiled and kissed her forehead. "And I'm willing to wait whenever you're ready. I love you so much."

Tears swelled on her eyes and smiled. "I love you Eun Ae. And I'm willing to wait whenever you're ready. You have to think about it. And I know you still love Kai. So, I'm willing to wait." I smiled.

What I just said is true. I love her. I love her that much and I'm willing to wait twelve more years for that. She smiled and kissed me. "Thank you. Please wait for me."

"I will."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

A year later..

"Aish!" I said in frustration. Goodness I hate my work. Why can't I just make songs at home? Ugggh!!

After a while the rain stopped. Goodness my luck just ran out. I sighed in frustration and walked my way back. Now the song that I just wrote is wet! Aish!! I went back home and get myself some shower. Afterwards, I dressed myself and sat on the chair. I started re-writing the song that I wrote.

"Who the hell is that?" I groaned and stood up.

"What do you want?"

"Oppa, Annyeong!" my eyes widen.

"E..Eun Ae." she smiled and went in.

"How can you step inside that fast?" she giggled and didn't answer. Then she ran to my room. Sh*t. The song.

"Yah Eun Ae!"

"I heard that you're making a song. So I went here to hear it. So where is it? Ah! Here!"

"Goodness Eun Ae. Stop touching my things."

"Sing it." she said handing me the paper.

"What?" I asked.

"Sing it. For me." I sighed.

"Eun Ae-"

"Please." she started crying.

"Arasso! I will so don't cry!!" I held her hand and pulled her to where my piano is. She sat beside me and stared at the paper.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EL6poipCCk)

Shigani tto meomchun geolkkayo? (Did time stop again?)
Ireohke tto jami deunayo? (Is it going to fall asleep like this again?)
Meonghani bakkeul barabodaga (While staring blankly outside)
Dunun gameun che, Geudae saenggagi naseo (I’m thinking about you with my two eyes closed)

Shigani tto heulleo kajima (Even though time is passing by again)
Dashi geuttaerona doraga (I’m going back to that time again)
Neoeui gieoksoge modeungeol (Although I try hard to find everything in your memories)
Chajaboryeo noryeokhae bojiman (I’m crying by myself there but)

Geu gose honjaseo na ulgo itjiman (As my tears stopped I’m laughing but)
Nunmuri meomchweoseo na utgo itjiman
Dashi tto kidaryeo (I’m waiting again)
Na dashi sumswilttae kkaji (Until I can breathe again)

Shigani tto heulleo kajima (Even though time is passing by again)
Dashi geuttaerona doraga (I’m going back to that time again)
Neoeui gieoksoge modeungeol, chajaboryeo noryeokhae bojiman (I’m trying hard to find everything in your memories)

Geu gose honjaseo na ulgo itjiman (I’m crying by myself there but)
Nunmuri meomchweoseo na utgo itjiman (As my tears stopped I’m laughing but)
Geudae honja dugoseo (After leaving you alone)
Jiul su eopneun gieokdeulloman, yeogiseo na heme ineungeol~ (I’m wandering around here with memories I can’t erase)

Na amu maldo eopjiman, deureul su eopjiman (Although I don’t have anything to say and I can’t hear you but)
Ireohkerado neol, chajeul su ittamyeon neol (even so if I can find you like this)
Kidaryeo jigeum, shigani meomchulttae kkaji (I’ll wait for you now until time stops)

Na amu maldo halsu eopneun geol jal aljiman (I know well that I can’t say anything)
Ireohkerado nan chatgo itjiman (Even so I’m searching for you but)
Neon heundeulliji anhneun daneun geol jal aljiman (I know well you won’t change your thoughts but)
Ajik nan neoreul ijeul su eopseoseo~ (I still can’t forget you)

Na amu maldo eopjiman (Although I don’t have anything to say)
Deureul su eopjiman (And I can’t hear you but)
Ireohkerado neol (Even so,)
Chajeul su ittamyeon neol (if I can find you like this)
Kidaryeo jigeum (I’ll wait for you now)
Shigani meomchulttae kkaji (Until time stops)
Chajeul su ittamyeon neol kidaryeo (If I can find you)
Jigeum (I’ll)
Na dashi…(wait for you now)
Sumswilttae kkaji~ (Until I can breathe again)

After the song ended, she cried. A lot to be exact. 

"I didn't do it just to make you cry." She shook her head.

"Ani.. I'm happy." She smiled. "Oppa, please listen to what I have to say okay?"

I nodded.

"Oppa, after hearing your song, I realized that I made you cry a lot. And I'm sorry,  I understand how much you wanted to stop time the moment that I'm with you. The times that you’re with me, you only have yourself and your so-called one sided love. I became insensitive of your feelings and the time that you gave me made me realize how hard it must've been if I'm at your place. But you see, I'm glad that you're by my side. I'm glad that Kai cheated on me. I'm glad that I overcame all the fears that I have when I was with him. The time that you were there by my side made me realize that my feelings about Kai is only imaginary. I hoped too much that I wish that all of the fantasies that I have for him will come true once we're together. And that's not love right?" She smiled.

"The time that I'm with you, it was a different feeling. I don't have a clue what will happen next after I realized that I fell for you. You care for me more than anything else Oppa, and I love that about you. Thank you for staying with me until I'm ready. And I am now."

Her words made me cry. And now we're both crying. I chuckled and wiped her tears away. "I hate how much I love you. I hate how much I wished that I was Kai the times that you're with him. I hate it so much that I could die. The moment that you told me that you love him, I felt like it was the end for me. I was hurt that time Eun Ae. Very. But I told myself, if that's what will make you happy then I will support you. Because I love you. I'm madly in love with you Eun Ae."
 
I smiled and kissed her. Now this kiss is mine. This girl that is right in front of me is mine. Eun Ae is mine, and thanks to Time, I think it will make this moment last forever.