Gone

Gone

Jongdae couldn't tear himself off of Junmyeon's embrace. He didn't want to lose that moment with Junmyeon just yet, but Junmyeon pulled away first, saying that Jongdae missing his flight is the last thing on his mind and he didn't want him to go through the trouble of rebooking flights. Although, Jongdae didn't really mind because he'd do anything just to be with Junmyeon. Heck, he'd even sell his soul to the devil just to be with Junmyeon.

They both knew that this was just a temporary set-up and they'll meet again. But like what a famous poet said, souls don't have a sense of time, nor do they have a sense of distance; they only know that it's not right to be away from each other.

"I'll miss you," Jongdae mumbled, distracting himself by staring at his feet. He's afraid that he'll lose himself at the airport filled with fans, passengers, staff and security.

Junmyeon's chuckle rang in his ears and Jongdae felt his heart do somersaults. "It's just temporary, Jongdae."

"But I--" Jongdae heaved a deep sigh. He shouldn't be this emotional since they've been separated before, but maybe he got accustomed to Junmyeon being the person he sees as soon as he opens his eyes and before he flutters them shut at night, as he drifts off to dreamland. Sometimes--or most of the time--Junmyeon also appears in his dreams.

"You'll be fine, Jongdae," Junmyeon flashed a smile, baring his pearly-white teeth to Jongdae. "You know I'll always be with you wherever you go. I'm your Suho, remember?" Junmyeon took three steps forward and Jongdae closed his eyes, waiting for the touch of Junmyeon's lips that never came. After a few moments, he opened his eyes and found himself awkwardly standing in the middle of the airport, all alone once again.

"He's gone," Jongdae said, addressing no one in particular.

As soon as this dawned on him, he felt his feet moving on their own accord, as if they had their own mind. He was screaming "Junmyeon" at the top of his lungs while he was running around the airport, frantic eyes searching for his guardian.

But Junmyeon was nowhere to be found.

Jongdae's speed started to slow down when he felt exhaustion take over him. He wanted to run, run until Junmyeon's just within arms reach, but his knees were failing him and breathing already felt like being stabbed over and over again. Jongdae was palpitating and his vision started to blur. He knew he was going to pass out anytime soon and when he felt the energy left in him slowly seep out his system, he prepared himself for the impact.

He was expecting to hit the cold, hard ground, but instead he felt strong arms supporting him and lifting him off the ground.

"Junmyeon?" He asked weakly as he clutched onto the neck of the stranger. The stranger sighed before he settled Jongdae on one of the seats at the airport. "Jongdae, it's me, Chanyeol."

His lips formed an 'o' as he loosened his grip on Chanyeol. Jongdae was about to ask Chanyeol about Junmyeon when he saw Baekhyun running towards them. "Oh my god, Jongdae!" Baekhyun latched himself onto Jongdae and the latter saw in his peripheral vision that Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Baekhyun's exaggeration. "We were worried sick when you disappeared! We were about to board and then poof, you're gone!"

Gone.

Jongdae pushed Baekhyun away and stood up from his seat upon hearing that word. Gone; Junmyeon's gone and he has to find him. He was about to make a run but Chanyeol pulled him back to his seat. On the other hand, Baekhyun got up from the ground after recovering from his shock.

"Did you see Junmyeon?" Jongdae finally blurted out the question he had been meaning to ask, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun only exchanged glances then gave him a look that reflects something in between exasperation and pity.

"Where is he?" Jongdae was looking at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, confused as to why they're not answering him. Annoyance was starting to creep up on his nerves, but the two still remained silent. He swore Baekhyun and Chanyeol knew something, but he can't figure out why they're not telling him. As Jongdae's best friends, they should understand how important Junmyeon is to Jongdae and losing him---

And it clicks; Jongdae already lost Junmyeon four years ago, in a car crash he miraculously survived.

Gone.

Junmyeon's gone. Forever.