Aeternum Vale

Aeternum Vale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were standing in front of me, one hand holding a large duffel bag and your black luggage on the other.

I feel like laughing at our height difference; you were so tall that I had to look up to you, as I am only as tall as your shoulders. But you were looking at me with a sad gaze and a small frown, either way you were still handsome with that expression.

I gave you a smile, a smile that didn’t even reach my eyes.

“So…I see they have approved your resignation?”

You nod, keeping mum. The atmosphere was dead silent, the air was dead cold and it was suffocating me.

 

Could you at least say something?

 

“Do you have to leave?” I asked. Trying, convincing you to stay.

 

But then, who am I anyway? I’m just one of them who got the lucky chance to be closer to someone like you. For years I’ve been secretly watching you; everything you do, everywhere you go. For years I’ve hidden myself into the shadows, afraid of getting near you, afraid that you might push me away. But now, now that I’ve got the chance to be closer to you like this, why are you leaving? When I thought everything was going to be alright, you are leaving us, leaving me. I’m too late, am I?


You gave me a small smile, let go of your luggage and reached out to pat my head, I felt myself blushing at the small contact. I’m glad we were outside the park where it’s dark and you can’t see me clearly right now.

“I have to. I’ve caused enough trouble; they wouldn’t want me there anymore” I could sense a lace of deep sadness in your voice.

“Did you…did you regret it?” I carefully asked, taking notice the way your lips pull into a small frown.

“I do. But this is my choice; I want some freedom for myself. I feel sorry for everyone, for giving them heartbreaks and sadness. I regretted it but at the same time, I don’t. Even if I leave, life goes on; people move on. I’m sure someday they will forget about me, they will forget their sadness and hatred of me leaving. Someday they will learn to move on and continue living” you said, putting down your hand from my head to my shoulder this time.

 

“And you have to move on too”

 

Do you know what are you talking about? How could I move on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter