Chapter Two: Tell Me More

Help Me Understand

Jason

~~~~~

Anna had looked so loney sitting by herself at break so I took her on a tour of the school. She was so quiet and timid. For some reason she reminded me of a china doll. Fragile and vulnerable.

"So what do you think?" I asked her at the end of break.

"It's a nice school," she smiled. 

"You transfered from Kamrat High didn't you?" we started to head towards the science building.

"Yes," she sounded sad. "My brother and I moved here recently. He's eighteen and my legal guardian here."

"You don't live with your parents?" I was a little shocked at that.

"No. They have jobs and can't uproot their lives for me." she looked down at the ground as we walked on.

"You chose to come here?" I held open the door for Anna to go in first.

"Not exactly," she twisted her lips a bit, "it is better for me to be here. Near Memorial." 

"Memorial Hospital?" I slid into the seat next to her.

"Yeah," she shrugged.

"Are you alright?" I was genuinely worried for her.

"I am," she looked down at her hands, "at the moment." 

"What's wrong?" I put my hand over hers. They were cool to touch.

"I'll tell you more later but you have to tell me about yourself too," she smiled. It made her look so sweet.

"I promise," I whispered as class started. Today we were studying blood types. We were working in pairs to test our blood to see what types we were. Naturally, I opted to working with Anna. I helped her out with the study and then we did the experiment. She wasn't really bothered about the needles we used to prick ourselves. I think she may be used to it but I couldn't speculate. 

~~~~~

Anna

~~~~~

I don't know why I was saying to much to Jason. I could be the way that he asked me as if he truely cared. The experiment for science was testing our blood to discover what your blood types were. I already knew mine but I did the experiment anyway. It didn't hurt to prick myself. I've gotten so used to needles over the past few years. My blood tested AB negative and Jason's blood testes O negative. I didn't have forth period with Jason but I agreed to meet him in the Quad at break. I had Phys. Ed. but I didn't understand why I was even put in it. I wasn't even allowed to do PE so I didn't see the point of me attending it. I ended up sitting on the bench going over notes from earlier today. Jason had helped me in science but I still didn't understand most of it. By time period ended my eyes were bleary from all the reading I had done. I made my way back to the Quad and sat down at the same table I was at this morning and waited for Jason. A few minutes late he jogged up to me.

"Hey," he gave me a flashing smile.

"Hi," I returned the smile and he sat down and pulled out his lunch.

"What did you just have?" he munched on this roll.

"PE," I paused, "not that I can even participate."

"Really?" he sounded shocked.

"Yeah. I can do some things but not much," I shurgged and looked away.

"You were going to tell me what's wrong," he cocked his head to the side.

"I was," I said quietly, "but I don't know how you'll react."

"What do you mean?" he leant forward, looking at me through his bright green eyes.

"I'm... some people treat me differently after they know," I put my head in my hands.

"I wouldn't," he said.

"I'm sick. I have bradycarida. I don't know how long I have left. It could be years, months or days." I whispered.

"I'm sorry," he looked down. We sat there for a while. Just sat there.

"Your turn. Tell me about yourself," I said to break the silence.