FORTUNE COOKIES

FORTUNE COOKIES

“You’ll be meeting your soul mate.”

Suho smirked at the piece of paper he was holding.

“As if! At least, the cookies taste good!” He tossed the paper into the bin nearest him.

“Hyung! Buy me this jacket. Please?” Tao pleaded while shaking Suho’s arm.

“Yah! You always told me to buy things. Am I looking like a bank to you?” Suho started nagging non-stop.

“I always knew you are stingy! Don’t buy then! Huh!” Tao gave a side glance to his leader. Then, he walked away.

Suho sighed. He took a look at the jacket Tao was fussing about. After making sure the sizes, he purchased them with bargain prices.

He walked out the shop to see s have already reached the front line of the haunted house. Rushing off, he bumped a cat. Actually, a mascot cat. He fell down and land on both of his hand. Chen noticed what had happened and quickly ran towards him. Lay followed him closed behind.

“Leader! Are you alright? You cut your palm!” Chen helped Suho to stand up. Both completely forgot the cat that was lying on the pavement.

“Is this cat alright, leader? It is not moving.” Lay poked the cat while his mouth was mewing softly.

“Ya, Lay! This is human, not a cat. Excuse me, sir? Are you alright?” Chen examined the cat when it started to show some movement.

“I’m sorry but I think you need some air. Can I take this off?” Suho mentioned the head part of the mascot when the cat quickly gripped it tight. It shook its head unanimously as Suho tried to grab the head part. Then, it stood up and quickly ran away. Lay, Chen and Suho looked at each other.

Krystal gave a sigh of relieved as she managed to run away from them.

“If I was caught, it would be big news tomorrow in newspaper.” Krystal laughed.

“Krystal, f(x) was caught stalking Exo’s at theme park in a cat mascot.” Krystal grinned. Out of all the people, she was almost being caught by her crush.

Yes. She’s been stalking Suho’s Exo for about a week now. Before debut, Krystal always adores Suho that will always get high scores in his examinations. Aside from that, he always concerns about the people around him. She has been trying to give him letters but always failed. After 5 years, she met him again but now, as a fellow artist and the feeling started to grow again.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Krystal was awake by the sounds of knocking on the door. She walked toward it half-awake. As she opened it, her mind went completely fresh and her eyes wide opened. The person was now standing in front of her, also shocked. They were statured.

“Krystal?” Suho asked as his eyes examined the girls in front of him.

“What? No! Sorry, sir? You must be dreaming!” Krystal rubbed her messy hair to make it even more mess.

Suho was buffering. He was sure she is Krystal but the mascot and the messy hair make him confused.

“Why would Krystal f(x) sunbae-nim worked here?” Suho thought.

Krystal was sure Suho was confused as she saw the wrinkles on his forehead.

“I’m sorry, sir. But, you sure have the sense of humor. I’ll take that as compliment. I’ll leave first.” Krystal tried to close the door when Suho walked into the room.

“I’m sorry, sir but this is workers areas only. There!” Krystal pointed toward the plate glued to the door.

Suho ignored her. He instead walked toward her and gave a deep a stare.

“What are you trying to do?” Krystal reversed as Suho walked forward until she reached the wall and leaned back. Suho’s arm blocked her paths.

Now, their face was only an inch apart. Krystal’s turned red tomato and her heart was pounding hard.

“Please, stop making rice cake!” Krystal yelled to her heart that was pounding non-stop.

“So, you are Krystal!” Suho smirked. He walked away to the nearest seat.

“I was filming reality TV show.” Krystal reasoned. She gave a fake smile.

“Exo too. But, Krys, I do not see any other f(x) members. Is this sort of individual shoot or what?” Suho reached for the cat head mascot and wore it.

Suho reached for the cat head mascot and wore it. He did not want Krystal to see his nervous face. He cursed himself for being too bold just now. He just can’t seem to grip his mind whenever he saw Krystal especially when she was being shy.

“I think I should be leaving. The members must be searching for me by now.” Suho took off the mascot. He glimpsed at the face he really missed nowadays. He did not even realize that he was smiling out of happiness.

They bid farewell before Suho departed to join the shooting crew and members. Krystal was feeling the heat in her heart started to spreading to all her body. She smiled as she swirling around the room while humming some songs.

“I was told that you already have someone special in your heart.” The MC statement made Exo laughed.

“I didn’t. Sorry to disappoint you.” Suho giggled away.

“But, he did have crushed on someone before.” Baekhyun added. Suho glared at him but he ignored. The other member as his face went red in disbelief.

“Would you mind to tell us?” The MC tried to get information.

“Well, we were never closed. She was my junior in college. That’s all.” Suho brushed off his sleeve nervously.

“She is Miss Kitty!” Lay added. He then, spaced out. Suho bit his lips.

“I’ll pay back to you all later!” Suho gave a nudge to Lay. Other started teasing him again.

“He is sweating!” Chanyeol giggled. Suho seemed to sweating a lot now. His ears also started to turn red.

“Who is this Miss Kitty?” The MC asked. He can’t stop smiling looking at Suho right now. Too obvious.

“My… cat! Chanyeol is talking about the cat that I just had weeks ago.” Suho reasoned. Krystal can figure that he liked her for good.

“Oh! Talking about pet, Kai also has pet. Right?” The MC changed the subject to other member. Suho was at eased.

“Thank god!” He muttered.

 

F(x) waiting room.

“He is sweating.” Sulli laughed.

“He must really like that girl.” Victoria added as she munched on a roll of kimbab. She then turned to look at Krystal.

Amber grinned as she clicked the shutter. KACHAK! Luna giggled.

“She must be so tired. Look, she’s drooling and she’s smiling.” Luna covered .

“She must be pissed at me when she awakes. Suho was confessing on a TV shows and she is sleeping like a log. What a cruel world.” Sulli muttered to herself.

Suho was absorbed to see the performance. He grinned as his eyes spotted Krystal on the stage.

“Hyung! People can see it. You know that there are always cameras anywhere that eyeing us. You do not want to be caught!” Baekhyun whispered to Suho.

Suho coughed. He was caught red handed. He nodded and they enjoy the rest of the show smoothly.

“You’ll be doing collaboration with the other team for a special performance next two weeks. Only four people will be needed. I’ve look at all the schedule and the three people that involve would be Suho, Chen, Kai and Lay.” The manager gave a stern look to them as he examined the faces in front of him.

Others, whose name were not in the list rejoiced while the other three sighed. It would be an exhilarating weeks for them.

“These four people please follow me to the meeting room.” The manager walked away. The other four followed closely behind.

“You’ll be collaborating with your sunbae.”

“Girls generations?!” Chen was feeling excited out of sudden.

“Yes. Lay and Kai would be dancing with Kim Hyoyeon.” Lay and Kai was feeling proud for finally being able to dance with the dancing machine of the most famous girl group that they’ve been adored. To be able to dance on the same stage was an honor to them.

“Chen and Suho would be singing with Luna and Krystal F(x).”

“What!” Suho’s eyes widen.

“What is this reaction? You might be popular just after your debut but you can never be disrespectful to your sunbaes!” The manager was nagging when Chen interrupt.

“No, Hyung! Suho hyung always react like this when he is feeling excited.” Chen laughed away. He hinted Kai and Lay to do the same. The manager only shook his head and walked out the door. He seemed extremely busy handling the group.

“Hyung! Can you be more obvious?” Chen asked sarcastically. Suho glared back at him but deep in his heart, he thanked him for his quick action. His secret could blow out.

Their eyes met. Suho cursed Chen for leaving him alone with Krystal. Luna is nowhere to be seen. As for Krystal, she kept fixing her hair nervously while waiting for Luna to arrive. The studio was as quiet as ever. Both, absorbed in their own feeling when Luna’s phone ringing.

“What? Unni! You cannot do this! We promise to do this together! Hello? Unni!” Krystal glimpsed at Suho beside him.

“What is wrong?” Suho asked.

“Unni said she want us two to perform together while she perform with Chen.” Krystal stared at the phone blankly before she shoved it into her bags.

Suho was unable to stand the tense situation when he took the first step.

“Sunbae, how about a duet on ‘Love Day’?” Suho grabbed his mp3 player. He shoved one earphone to Krystal ear and another to his. They sat on the floor while listening to the song.

“I was trying to tell you my feeling, Krys.” Suho shouted loudly but only in his head. The words, I love you kept playing in his head.

As the days of practicing passed by, their relationships grew closer. They now were able to tease each other. On the day of the performance, they performed perfectly in front of fans. Cheers from fans that night were really enthusiastic. Both cannot help to smile all along.

I'm very curious, I'm curious about everything

Why can't I go to sleep and can only see your face?

I'm curious too, I'm curious about this heart

Why is it that when I see you, laughter comes out first?

 

When my friends are together and they mention you

Why do I get so excited and want to hear more?

If only you are there, I become someone else

And I make random, awkward jokes

 

Honestly, this feeling is so strange

Is this what it feels like to be on top of a cloud?

Is it like this, are we like this?

If you feel the same way, have we already started?

 

* I like you very very much

I think I came to love you

I want to say the same thing

But is it okay if I do that? Should I wait a bit more?

 

** I also like you very very much

Honestly, this is the first time I'm feeling like this

I will wait more (will you wait more)

I will be here (will you be here)

We are already feeling the same way

 

What do you like about me? That's what I'm curious about

Since when did I live in your heart?

I'm curious too, I'm curious about your heart

Whether you really like me and not hate me?

 

There are so many pretty girls

So is it true that you really only see me?

Many handsome guys (who?) are by your side (where?)

So how are you coming to me girl

 

Honestly, I keep imagining us

This kind of feeling is so suspicious

Underneath the same sky (underneath the same sky)

We're thinking the same thoughts

I think we can say the same things too

 

* repeat

 

** repeat

 

Who likes who more? Do I like you more?

That's not important to me

If I extend my hand, will you never let go?

I won't let go of your hand forever

 

I like you very very much

Honestly, I already love you

I can say the same thing but

Why do I keep shaking, why am I keep hesitating?

 

No I love you, you

Now I will tell you everything of my heart

Will you believe in me (I'll believe in you)

In my love (in this love)

Let's walk together side by side

The two of us

Suho made up her mind that night. He kept pestering Krystal and his actions received cheers from fans. He slipped his fingers in between Krystal’s black hair and he put his arm around his waist. Krystal was heating up by all the sudden action of his. She was sweating and her face turn red out of embarrassment. Despite all that, they finished their singing smoothly.

After the performance, Krystal quickly headed backstage. Suho followed her closely behind. He reached out for her hand. He grabbed and pulled it into a dark corner. Krystal was dumbfounded by the quick action. She was scared. Suho’s gazed made her unable to stand properly. Suho patched her up, helping her to stand.

“W..wh..what are you trying to do?” Krystal tried to run away but Suho blocked her up.

He cornered her with his arm and he stared deep into her eyes. Krystal looked away. Suho grabbed her chin softly forcing her to face him.

“You’re mine.” He said softly but very clear to Krystal.

“This is not funny. I know that you are my sunbae at college but I am your sunbae here, now. So, please, respect me!” Krystal’s teary eyes ripped Suho’s heart.

“I still remember that day! You’ve said it yourself! I quit! It is hurting to love you this much.” Krystal cried softly. Suho wiped it away.

“I surrender. You win!” Suho tried to earn Krystal’s heart.

“But.” Krystal was puzzled. She tried to find the truth in Suho’s words.

“I love you. Only you since then and forever.” Suho confessed. He can’t bear to see her cried anymore.

“Sunbae! I like you!” Krystal confessed. She smiled as her burdened has lightened.

“What? I am sorry but I never thought of you more than a hoobae.” Suho smiled sympathetically.

“But, you kissed me.” Krystal blurted out. She can’t seem to accept.

“I’ve never did! You must be out of your mind right now! I would never like you! That is all.” Suho walked away.

“I’ll make sure you like me one day! I’ll never give up on you! This is a war!” Krystal shouted. Her smiled gradually faded as the sun on the skies that day.

Suho stared at the skies on the rooftop. His heart was pounding heart. He had always loved that girl but he was too stubborn to accept. His friends were mocking him for loving a nerd like Krystal. Loving a nerd was not a wrong thing to do. He can’t seem to love anyone other than her.

He was too afraid to accept defeat since that day that he had lost since before the war started. When one day, Krystal moves off, Suho kept cursing his stupid self. After the debut, he was on a cloud nine as he now can see her more. Krystal was the reason he started to go auditioned in first place. Tossing his dream to become an architect due to her was always worthy.

The marriage was a successful one. After about 10 years as a couple, Suho made up his mind to marry Krystal. People were congratulating them and they ceremony was smoothly sailing.

Having a family with your loved one was the best you can achieved over years of pain in finding one. Suho now believed lowering your ego is all you have to do to achieve greater happiness in life. Suho back hugged his beautiful wife, Krystal while they both gazing the sunset. Krystal turned to face his husband and she gave a deep kiss full of affectionate love. Suho naughty smiled appeared.

“You promised me to give kids!” Suho lifted his wife body and walked into the house.

“You never give me rest!” Krystal embedded his face into her husband’s wide chest.

-The end-