Chapter 3~Coffee House

University of Memories

When class was over, I headed to my locker. When i got there i felt someone stand behind me. I turned around and saw Seunghyun standing behind me, looking around. "Oh hi Seunghyun." I said smiling. He jumped "O-oh hi..." he said. I turned back to my locker, knowing he was still standing there. I rolled my eyes and smiled to myself. Then someone bumped into me which caused me hit hit my head on my locker. "Ow..." I said holding my head. As if by instinct, Seunghyun grabbed the collar of the person who bumped into me. "Seunghyun! Let him go!" I yelled. He didn't hear me and reached his fist back to punch the guy, but instead elbowed me in the nose. I drew my head back and held my nose. When i put my hand down, i felt a liquid on my hand. I looked down at it and it was blood. I was bleeding from my nose. Seunghhyun looked back at me then his eyes widened. "R-Rin-ah..." He immediately dropped the boy and ran to me. I was staring at the ground holding my nose. "Rinnie! Rinnie!" I heard Dasom's voice. Followed by Soyou, Yuri and Fie. "Oh my God! Are you ok?!" Fie asked. I didn't answer. I was still in shock. "Rin-ah..." I heard Seunghyun again. "Leave her alone! She doesn't need anyone to put her in danger! nor does she need anyone like You around her! So just leave!"Soyou said. Seunghyun stood there in shock.  "Rin-ah..I'm sorry." He said with tears in his eyes. Then he left.

 

I sat at a bed in the nurses with the girls surrounding me. "You didn't have to say that you know..." I said to Soyou. "He deserved it! He's nothing but a cold monster." she said. "Thats not true!" I yelled. "He's a kind person! He's just a bit antisocial. But it isn't his fault! It's cause people say exactly what you say! That he's a cold monster. If anything he's the tottal opposite" I said as i stormed out. I headed toward the library.

 

When i got inside i looked all around for Kwangmin. But he wasn't here. I stopped in my tracks between the graphic novel and poems section. I sat down and hugged my knees. I couldn't keep my promise... I tucked my head into my knees. Then a few second later i felt someone tap my shoulder. I shot my head up and to my suprise it was Kwangmin. I stood straight up "Kwangmin! Your here!" I said hugging him tightly. "U-Uh yeah...I just got here..Why were sitting on the floor?" He asked blushing. "I-I thought you left cause i came late...A-And i-" He interupted me. "Rin-ah, If anything I was the one late." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "So...Mianhea." He said smiling nervously. (Mianhae=sorry). I smiled brightly at him and he smiled back. Then i hugged him once more. "Is something wrong?" he asked. "No i just..." I sighed. He pulled back and grabbed my shoulders. He looked at me in the eyes sternly. "Rin-ah, are you ok?" he asked. I smiled at him again brightly. I took his hand and guided him to a table to put our things down. He seemed really confused, but soon returned to his cheery, clumsy personality. He went to go find a book to read but ended up with several books. On top of him. I bursted out laughing until my stomach hurt. I fell on the floor and hit my head against the bookshelf by accident. "Owie..." i said still laughing. He grinned at me. I looked at him and his glasses were off. He scattered around looking for them. I picked them up and stood straight. He stood infront of me. "Hold still." I said. I put his glasses on him carefully. When he got them on, we stood there, a few centimeters away from each other. So close that i think he hears my heart beating loudly. I'm not quite sure but i think he took a quick glance at my lips but darted his eyes back to meet mine. The feeling of this moment hurts my heart. It's beating really fast and i can feel my body heat up. I wonder if he's feeling the same way. Oh! I know what its called. "Nervousness". My stomach feels weak as well. He was about to lean in until someone yelled "Are you going to clean those books up?!". It was the librarian. I looked away quickly as Kwangmin picked up the books. I sighed half from relief and half of disappointment. Apparently i actually wanted to stay like that. 

 

Later Kwangmin offered to walk me back to my dorm. Obviously i declined. Just kidding of course i accepted. We were walking and talking about whatever when all of a sudden i felt like i was being followed. No i know Kwangmin was there, but it wasn't him. I turned around but no one was there. I continued walking and talking with Kwangmin. A few seconds after i felt it again. I quickly turned around and saw a tall figure a few feet behind me. He was wearing a beenie but i saw blue hair sticking out. "Seung..Hyun?" i told the figure. Kwangmin stopped walking and looked at me and then at the tall figure. The figure flinched and turned around. "Wait!" I said walking fast towards him. I laid my hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off. "Get away from me. You'll only be hurt again..." He muttered. And he walked away. I stood there staring at him walking away. I got confused as to why he was following me if he wanted me to stay away.  I turned around and walked back to Kwangmin. "What happened?" He said. I shook my head. "Nothing....Can we go get something sweet to eat?" I asked him. I always eat sweets when im sad. I love sweets. "Ok." He said smiling gently down at me. It feels so good to have him around. 

 

We sat at the cafe next to the JYP dorm. I ordered a caramel cappacino with a cheesecake. Kwangmin ordered a vanilla chai with a chocolate cupcake. We sat there talking and laughing. Probably for hours because it got dark outside. But I didn't care. I like talking to him. Tonight was performance night at the cafe so there will be people singing, dancing, the lot. There were a few singers and a couple of dancers. They were all good. All of a sudden Kwangmin got up and walked over to the mic. I stared at him in confusion. "Hey guys.Um I'm Jo Kwangmin. And um imma rap for you guys." He said shyly. The people clapped. Then it went quiet. A song played.

"It’s magic when I open my eyes.
The unfolded world welcomes me for your smile.
I’m a lucky guy chosen by you. lucky man.

You’re over there.
You’re the most shiny that brightens up the world.
I feel like everyone’s looking at you.
I want to yell out that “she’s mine!”

When he finished, everyone clapped. Especially me. Loudly. Very very loud. I didn't know he could rap.I wonder who he was rapping about. He was really good. When he sat down, I smiled brightly at him. "Where did that come from?" I asked. "Oh it was just something I've been working on. I like to write, so i write poems, stories and well, raps." He said. "Wow you really are amazing Mr.Jo" I said shoving him lightly from across the table. Then the next person went up. It was a man a few inches taller than me. "Kyuhyun?" I said to myself. But it wasn't him. It was someone else. His hair was similar as well as his eyes. But i could instantly tell he wasn't from Korea. Like me. Then he spoke "Hello everyone. I am new here to your University. My name is Nichkhun. And um i'll be singing for you." My eyebrows furrowed curiously. Why does that name sound so familiar? Then he sang. 

"Saying I love you

Is not the words I want to hear from you

It's not that I want you

Not to say, but if you only knew

How easy it would be to show me how you feel

More than words is all you have to do to make it real

Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me

Cos I'd already know

 

What would you do if my heart was torn in two

More than words to show you feel

That your love for me is real

What would you say if I took those words away

Then you couldn't make things new

Just by saying I love you."

 

My eyes went wide from that familiar sound and song. And when he turned his head, I finally recognized who it was.