1:23 AM - Familiar Stranger

Nyctophilia

He's home. The salty smell of winter sea hit Jungkook's nose making it tingled just like what his scent did everytime they sat beside each other. The stars was gleaming on the thick sky just like what he said it would and somehow Jungkook could imagine him saying "I told you, Kookie!" with a wide grin on his face and a gleam in his eyes that made Jungkook wondered if the sky knew that the boy had stole it's star and put it in his own eyes. And Jungkook could clearly hear it, the sound of his melody, a random tune that he always hummed when they felt like not talking and just silently enjoying each other's company, co-existed with the sound of the wave hitting the shoreline and disappeared into a soft white foam on the wet sand. And all those familiarity made Jungkook's whole being felt warm, despite the howling winter breeze that constantly slapping his face and how humid the sand was under his bare feet, he felt undeniably warm; It was just like his warmth, which was always radiating everytime Jungkook felt the need for some heat, and strangely worked a thousand times better than any comforter would do. The familiar oddness made Jungkook felt at home, and by seeing how many part of him scattered all around, Jungkook knew that he really was at home. Finally they're home.

***

"Jungkook, where are you? I came to your dorm this morning and you weren't there, then I decided to come again after my last class and you still nowhere to be find. Call me ASAP!"

"Yak! Just where the hell are you? I met your roommate and he said you haven't came to your dorm for five days. Mom had been asking us to eat dinner together at her place this weekend and I don't have the heart to reject her. Be there at seven."

"Yah you little brat! I told you to come to dinner and you didn't show your stinky up. I swear if I have to lie to mom once again just to save your I'll be the one that murder you!"

"Okay, it starts to freak me out. So, I'm concluding that you are in the mood and that you are now in front of one hella big canvas with paint covering half of your face but don't you think that nine days a little bit excessive? You didn't even answer mom's call and she began to freak out too. So I lied to her that you were in your studio and I've visited you a few times but you know I couldn't lie to her forever. So just come back to your dorm or at least pick up your damn phone you face!"

"So I heard about your final assignment. Come on Jungkook, I know it's rather a big deal for you, but you can't just drop out of college because of this. Professor Ahn personally came to me today just to ask about your whereabout. He knew that you already said that you couldn't do the assignment but he didn't know that you would take it on a hard way. You know, it seems like he's afraid of losing you as his student, so what I'm trying to say is just get your off from that unknown studio of yours and we can settle all this together. Meet me at lunch at Jin's cafe. Okay?"

Jungkook looked at the time the last voice message was sent, and it was sent two days ago. Uh-oh looked like there would be a lot of cursing at the remaining message so he decided to call back. It was quarter past one in the morning and his cousin probably already in a deep slumber and the shorty male most probably would scream at him for calling at this hour, not to mention the amount of call and message from him that Jungkook wasn't responding. Yeah that had to be irked him to death.

Jungkook had done the missing with no trace for a whole two weeks, and most of the time he just stared blankly at the white canvas in front of him, wondering around at midnight or attempting to start his final assignment and of course failed miserably. And without him realizing it, the food stock in his fridge had already vanished into thin air and Jungkook had no choice but going outside. And that was when Jungkook decided to turn on his phone.

"Yah! You little ! Just why the hell are you calling me at this ty hours when I clearly ask you to meet me at lunch yesterday!? You and that tiny little brain of yours will meet me tomorrow and that is. If you dare to ing do a ty no show again, I'll pay people to find your studio and burn that damn place when you are in it."

Jungkook had already used to hear Jimin screaming and cursing on the phone so he just laughed it of, "Hey hyung, I'm fine. Thanks for asking." He had already locked the studio and started to go down the stairs.

"And I'm not fine at all you brat! You should at least respond to one of my message so you can save me from being all worried and !" Now Jungkook already outside the building and was soon welcomed by surprisingly chilly summer air.

"Hyung, what do you think am I doing right now? I'm responding to your message." Jungkook chuckled, unconsciously drew his cardigan closer to his body as the coldness started creeping in, "Beside, it's not the first time I'm doing this so stop overreacting."

"Overreacting you said!?" Jungkook could imagine Jimin using one hand to massage the back of his neck while the other one gripping the phone tightly, "You little , try to stand on my shoes where your cousin is missing, you don't know whether he's dead or alive, your mother won't stop asking you about his whereabout, his roommate and even his professor came to you too asking about him. And you have no idea where he is because he have this hideout place that only god knows where and apparently you can't reach him at all because he turn off his useless phone. Oh don't forget he's already missing for two weeks which is much longer than his usual attempt of running away from life."

Jungkook just kept walking while hearing Jimin's horrendous twaddle. By the time Jimin finished, Jungkook already arrived at the playground where he often visited currently due to some strange guy that kept ignited his curiosity. And of course the guy was there again tonight; with all his blindingly orange hair and thick eyeliner, trying to climb up the slide. Jungkook was mildly surprised when their eyes met and saw there was some kind of recognition on his expression, let alone when the orange hair boy smile brightly at him and waving his hand enthusiastically.

"Hyung, I need to go right now. I'll meet you tomorrow at lunch okay." Then he hang up before Jimin could utter a word that probably would be another cuss word directed to him. He glanced at his phone one last time before putting it in his pants pocket.

1:23 AM.

Jungkook walked closer to the familiar yet strange boy that busily waving his hand off to Jungkook. There was something different tonight. Maybe because he stood exactly under the street lamp so he seemed so much brighter than he used to and not because he was glowing just like what Jungkook thought just now. Or maybe because of the smile on the orange haired boy, which was never flattened as if…

As if…

His smile widened forming into some strangely cute rectangular shape, "Jungkook! Finally you come here."

As if he remembered Jungkook.