"I want to give you my everything."

"I want to give you my everything."

"----ow--ugh; oppa~" I know it's considered highly unattractive for a girl to whine but I dropped yet another bag of groceries and frankly, I don't give a . What I do give a about is breaking the carton of eggs in the bag and smushing the loaf of bread on top of it. I know Taekwoon hadn't heard me -- he was too immersed in his school work to notice my measly cries--but it was worth a shot. I placed down the bag of food and walked over to the archway connecting the walkway and living room of mine and Taekwoon's quaint apartment. I sighed as I was faced with one exhausted, over-worked, and slightly-greasy-haired Jung Taekwoon. At any other time, I'm positive that at any other time, I would have found his tight t-shirt and the sweat pants hung low on his hips to be very y, but I knew he was working too hard and all he needed was a break.

 

I quickly retreated into the walkway to grab the items I came home with, scurried over to Taekwoon to place a kiss on his cheek, and headed into the kitchen where I proceeded to put the food away. When I was finished, I went back over to Taekwoon and sat next to him on our well-broken in loveseat and started massaging his shoulders. "Oppa, have you been working all day? You're in the same position your were in when I left at 10AM. Have you eaten?" I asked him these questions as I placed kisses on his shoulders and the back of his neck -- his weak spots. I heard him sigh as I slid my hands from his shoulders to his hands to halt his quick typing. "Jagiya, you know I need to get this report done. And I have eaten—I took a break around 2:00 to have a sandwich.” His voice said “let me continue”, but the way he leaned into my touch spoke otherwise. I glanced at the clock next to the television -- it was 5PM. I tapped him on the back. “Pabo, that was three hours ago, surely you must be hungry. How about you go shower while I make us some food? Then we could watch some dramas and still get a good night’s sleep.” I pushed him up from the couch and towards the bathroom. He opened his mouth in protest, but the stern look on my face stopped him. Taekwoon sighed once more, this time in half in defeat, half in relief. Before he went to the bathroom he slipped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him. I melted into his touch — seven years and I still feel the butterflies in my tummy, every touch still feels brand new. He kissed my forehead, my cheeks, my nose, and finally my lips before releasing me and smiling at me like I was his sun. “What would I do without you, jangmi?” I returned the smile and kissed his chest before walking into the kitchen.

 

As I began making an easy meal, his coffee, & my tea, I heard Taekwoon turn the water in the shower on. A few moments after that, I heard him singing ‘I Like You’ by Weathercast; we considered that our song since it’s what brought us together. When we both first started college, we both frequented the same coffee shop on campus. We never spoke, although we did exchange greetings as time went on. What got us talking was when both of our phones rang at the exact same moment – both of our ringtones being ‘I Like You’. We figured it was fate, later on when we began dating, and now we sing it all of the time. As I listened to Taekwoon’s melodic voice overpower the pattering of the shower water against the tiled tub floor, I smiled brightly and put the food in bowls. The food was finished as soon as Taekwoon emerged from the bathroom five minutes later, steam billowing around behind him as his dried his hair with one towel, another wrapped around his waist. I was obviously staring (as you would) at his toned, godlike bodice because I heard his angelic laugh. When I looked up to meet his gaze, I wasn’t even embarrassed – he was my boyfriend, after all. He made his way over to me and wrapped his arms around me from behind, pressing his muscular chest to my back as he quietly sang the chorus of our song in my ear and I finished making our tea. “Thank you, jagiya.” Was all he said, and most might think it was only for making food, but I knew there was much more meaning behind it.