In The Dark

In The Dark

- For god bless, can’t you just close your eyes and sleep?
- Nah! I want to watch the horror movie with you!
Maya was annoyed. For about one hour, she tried to get him in bed with no result. She was getting upset and her friends were waiting for her to start the movie. If she let her brother watch it with them, he would never sleep and her parents would cry on her. But what other choice did she have?
- All right, Max. Come see the movie with us. But if after you do some nightmares, it is your fault, not mine.
- That is fine with me.
She sighed and returned to the living room, hoping her friends won’t be mad at her for having brought her little brother. Fortunately for her, she had good friends and they didn’t say anything when they saw her little brother with her.
- Can we start the movie, now? Asked Jeanne, one of her friend.
- Yes, finally, replied Maya.
But at the moment she pushed the start bottom, lights went of, almost magically.
- Oh my God, What was that? What just happen?
The room was completely dark, but Maya recognized Stephanie’s voice.
- I don’t know, Maya answered; maybe it is just a power black out.
- You might be right, but what if we are the only house to have a power black out, replied Stephanie.
- 1-0 for Steph!
That was Jeanne for sure. Always making jokes when she was in a bad position. I looked trough the windows, well the best I could, and saw that we effectively were the only house without electricity. Suddenly, I heard a sound followed by another one.
- We better call the police. I don’t want to die here!
- Seriously, Jeanne! You are not gonna die here. But just in case, I am going to call the police.
That is what she did. But, it was impossible to orient herself in the door, so she abandoned.
- We have to stay together.
- Totally agree.
- Wait, where is Max? Asked Stephanie.
- Maw, he was sitting next to me. Maybe he finally falls asleep.
But, Max wasn’t sleeping. In fact, he was gone. Maya thought that if something bad had happened to him, her parents would never forgot her.  With that though, she started screaming and screaming, and then…
 
Then she woke up. Pfiou, it was just a dream. Maya went down in the kitchen to have breakfast. Then her mom asked her:
- Maya, can you keep an eye on your brother today? Your dad and I wanted to go to a restaurant.
- You want me to baby it him? But I’ve planned to watch a horror movie with my friends.
- Come on, Maya, just for one day. Nothing bad can happen. Please.
One second, I thought about my dream. One second after, I fought about the money I’ll make.
- All right, mum. I am going to do it.
- Thanks you very much Maya.
- You’re welcome.
After all, that was just a dream, wasn’t it?
 
(To be continued maybe…)