After He Left

After He Left
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Liyin didn’t know what pushed her to walk pass that particular practice room. But after seeing Lay, Tao, and Xiumin entering the elevator and there’s no trace of that boy with high cheekbones, her legs walked on their own. Out of blue, here she was, standing in front of the practice room which held so many memories for her.

 

She heard blasting music from a far and she was sure the boy was still working his body to exhaustion. She peeked from the slightly opened door. Chen’s face didn’t look so good. His clothes were drenched in sweat. Though Liyin herself wasn’t a dancer, she knew his moves weren’t precise anymore. ‘What did he think he was doing, was he trying to cancel his own performance in their very first concert?’

 

Liyin wondered why he had to practice in that particular practice room when there were so many practice rooms available in the building. Above that, she also questioned herself, how in the world she could know he was in that practice room, when there are other practice rooms in the same floor. Did she have some Chen-radar or what? It’s not like that practice room meant a lot for him, it meant a lot for her. She shoved away those thoughts when she saw Chen lying on the floor while clutching onto his left ankle. She pushed the door opened, turned off the blasting music, and then crouched in front of him.

 

“Let me see.” Liyin took his hands away from the problematic ankle and examined it.

 

“Noona?” Chen’s eyes rounded when he realized who the one barging to the practice room was. “What are you doing—aaargh! It hurts!” he groaned when Liyin tried to straighten his leg.

 

“Then tell me, what you are doing here when your friends are taking a break.” She looked at his eyes and asked in a calm tone.

 

“I have to practice more. You know I’m not a good dancer.” Chen mumbled. He tried hard not to look at her face. People might think Liyin was only a duet partner for him, but from that short period of Breath promotion, he knew she could read him quite well, just like how he could do vice versa.

 

“Do you want to go away, too?”

 

Chen didn’t answer her. He just stared at her blankly.

 

Liyin heaved a sigh. She tightened her grip at his injured ankle. It earned her an instant, loud cry from him.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter