I Exist!

Operation Senpai

    “Don’t do it.” Kris warns under his breath, eyes on his tray as he pokes at the mystery lunch meat vibrating on his foam plate.

    “I’m gonna do it.” Chanyeol responds just as intensely, bracing himself to spring into action. There’s a fire in his eyes, his eyebrows knitted together in concentration as he narrows his gaze to the door, the senior slightly lifting himself from his seat, his rear wiggling like a cat ready to pounce.

    “Don’t-”

    “Yah! Jongin-ah!” Chanyeol bellows from across the room and shoots to his feet, knocking his chair back several feet with the back of his knees and tripping an unsuspecting Jongdae to whom no one pays attention to. It’s a somewhat success, managing to slow Jongin’s circle of friends down as said boy glances towards the source of the obnoxious boom. From the tone of Chanyeol’s yell, it gathers everyone’s attention, leading them to assume Chanyeol is declaring a duel. “Dur- , “ Chanyeol goes blank, not actually expecting Jongin to look his way, it’s evident in the way his eyes go different ways and he pales, swallowing thickly. “I like your socks!” Jongin is blank for a moment before sending an uncomfortable smile/shrug towards the senior’s direction before turning towards his friend Sehun who is openly laughing at Chanyeol. “Well, that wasn’t so bad.” Chanyeol grins to himself as he pulls a chair from a nearby table because his went missing, sitting down besides Kris who is purposefully facing the wall, using his hand to block sight of Chanyeol from the corner of his eye because Kris is embarrassed for him.

    “‘Nice socks’, man, really?” Kris mocks in disbelief when Chanyeol leans back satisfactorily.

    “What? They really are nice.” Chanyeol shrugs as he sifts through the landfill that is his backpack to pull out his crisp manga book. Kris really doesn’t understand how every volume can escape the confines of that paper and rotten food jungle unscathed.

    “Can’t you be a little more subtle? You look stupid just openly throwing yourself at him.” Kris sneers, taking a sip of his water.

    “Being subtle never got anyone’s attention.” Chanyeol says pointedly, looking at Kris specifically. Kris furrows his thick brows, frowning at the latter.

    “It’s better than making a fool of yourself.”

    “At least he knows I exist.” Chanyeol hums, turning a page as Kris stares at him in open-mouthed bafflement, eyes wide in insult. “He’s not a certain someone, after all.”

    “He does too know I exist. I sit next to him in math, !” Kris defends lamely.

    “Oh? Really, now. Look, there he is.” Chanyeol says, nodding towards the end of the room where class president Kim Junmyeon is sauntering away from with confident and graceful steps withholding the elegance of a beautiful swan (this is Kris’ point of view, by the way). “Show me how ‘subtle’ works.”

    “Fine.” Kris answers curtly, pressured because all of this was too convenient to be chance. He swallows thickly as Junmyeon nears, eyes pointed ahead and missing Kris’ wave of greeting so Kris plays it off and brushes his fingers through his blond hair, getting a whiff of Junmyeon’s alluring musk as the shorter male passes. God, he’s so hot. “Uh, hi, Junmyeon-” He says, his deep voice close to a rumble and Junmyeon glances around, seeming as though he heard his name but seeing no source so he merely brushes it off and keeps walking.

    Chanyeol is dying of laughter as Kris’ ears burn bright red. “Shut up.” Kris growls as Chanyeol howls on the table, clapping like a seal.

    “Now what are you losers doing,” Luhan sighs as he approaches the table, debating on whose side to sit on before pulling a chair up beside Kris because he doesn’t want to get kicked in the face by a flailing elf. “I heard the nice socks part, but I don’t think he’d laugh at himself for that.” The oldest murmurs, raising a pointed brow at Chanyeol who’s slowly recovering, finding his seat and wiping his tears. “Okay, he might, but seeing as how mister Class Prez ollied by, I think I get it.”

    Kris scowls, stabbing his crawling food with his plastic fork only to have the utensil bend around and the prongs dig into the side of his hand, the brune yelping in pain as a restarted Chanyeol begins to roll.

 

---

 

    “Minseok!~” Minseok hears the all too familiar caw of his name, his bodily reflexes moving automatically as chills ripple down his spine and he immediately finds his legs pumping faster, weaving his way through the crowd of students in a desperate but subtle attempt to escape.

    But Luhan is not subtle. The young Chinese male merely barrels into everyone blocking his way, knocking the Korean-Chinese twin towers down on their asses along the way merely out of amusement but mostly chasing after the midfield ball winner of his soccer team. Luhan is unique, seeing as how his appearance was ethereal at times, his slim structure often times misleading people into thinking his fragile and sensitive, but no, he’s as boisterous, rowdy, and loud as any other boy. And he has this strange tendency to pull facial expressions everyone is pretty sure the normal human cannot. Being captain of the team, it’d only be natural for him to have a boombox of a voice so he can communicate on the large field, a feat he unfortunately uses to his advantage when he feels, which is now, as he screams Minseok’s name.

    Minseok had been so paranoid to get away from the gradually loudening voice, he had forgotten to pay attention to where he was going, leading him to groan in despair when he finds himself cornered at the end of a hallway where the goth kids inhabit. They are a small clique, but they are enough to make him nervous because of their intense, heavily rimmed eyes that are as dark as their long, straight, raven hair and the blatant smell of cigarettes makes him want to cringe but he tries not to out of fear he might provoke them and they’ll make a voodoo doll of him and-

    “Minseokkie hyung!~”

    “Take  me!” Minseok hisses, eyes widening in panic and they merely stare at him for a long moment that seemed like hours instead and he feels violated even though they only look at his face, but the lingering notion that they’re looking beyond that is what’s freaking him out. , he might have accidentally sacrificed himself to the Devil.

    “Minse...uh...” Luhan’s elated galloping comes to a sudden halt when he realizes he reaches the dark corner of the school. Three of them look like they’re...shoving a kid into what looks like a coffin. Minseok is a bright guy, surely he would be smarter than to come here. “Ahahaha, sorry, wrong turn...” Luhan smiles as the glimmer in his eyes fade. He’s quick to turn on his heels and bolt when that strange little kid he thinks is called Kyungsoo makes a stabbing notion with a mechanical pencil.

 

---

 

    “Don’t either of you know what it means to be normal?” Kris sighs as Luhan dramatically recounts his tale of lost love, the older falling at Kris’ legs and draping an arm around his calves casually, but Luhan doesn’t quite understand his strength and is cutting off his circulation.

    “Maybe if I wear makeup and shorter skirts and curl my hair he might date me...” Chanyeol sighs dreamily, putting his third volume of Peach Girl down in his lap. Kris can literally see hearts in the other’s eyes and he wants to gag if he weren’t too busy prying a psycho off of his legs.

    “He won’t even shower with me!” Luhan cries in anguish, finally relaying to Kris’ insistent hands but only flies up and fists the blond’s collar, shaking him violently. “Everytime I ask that damned Zitao kid is right there doing aegyo and he pushes me to him!”

    “Well, ask him in a place that isn’t the locker room?” Kris grunts, keeping a tight hold on Luhan’s wrists because the older is unpredictable and he’s seen what kinds of chaos can come from someone so innocent-looking and Kris has too much to live for like watching Junmyeon breathe.

    “Tao is there. He. Is. Always. There.” Luhan enunciates, eyes narrowing into slits and Kris almost cries from fear because he’s quite sure the honey-colored boy’s eyes flashed black and Satan is standing before him in the flesh foaming at the mouth about some adolescent kid with poor hygiene. “...Let’s kill him.”

    “No!” Kris declines, tugging at Luhan’s hands. “The last person Junmyeon would get involved with is a murderer!”

    “YOU DAMNED NEAR RAN HIM OVER AND HE THOUGHT IT WAS CHANYEOL WHO DID IT EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!!!1!!” Luhan bellows as Kris’ fringe is blown back from his forehead.

    “Yeah, he didn’t even know you were there having a heart attack.” Chanyeol chimes in, nodding as he stuffs another pocky stick between his lips, inhaling the treat rather than biting it like a normal human being. “Do you think Jongin would notice if I start wearing cute little flower clips in my hair?” He asks, twirling a lock of his brown hair around his finger. He pouts as his question goes unanswered, shifting his eyes towards the two idiots who he sadly deems as friends. He’s greeted with the sight of Kris hanging onto the railing for dear life as Luhan is attempting to shove him over the third floor staircase of his apartment as they shout at the top of their lungs attacking each other’s nonexistent love lives. He’s not sure how that bickering scenario played out when minutes earlier they were sitting on either side of him on the stairs biting into frozen solid popsicles and wiping their sticky fingers on his back thinking he wouldn’t notice.

    “Hmph.” Chanyeol huffs, blatantly sulking as he returns his eyes to his graphic novel. He wishes he had the body to seduce Jongin like how Melon-chan seduces Kakeru. He’s lacking too much in the pectoral area. “Why can’t I at least be a B-cup?!” He growls in frustration, raking his fingers through his hair. He realizes there is silence, the youngest of the trio slowly looking up from his comic to see Kris completely upside down on the other side of the railing, his gigantic hands holding two bars at the same time while Luhan is holding onto his leg. Both of them stare at him with calm expressions. . They heard that.

    “Luhan, please drop me.” Kris asks, closing his eyes and preparing for sweet death.

    “Only if you take me with you.” Luhan says just as sweetly as he clambers over the railing and crawls off.

    That’s how Chanyeol’s sister comes home from grocery shopping - to the sight of her big little brother dangling his Chinese friends over the railing of their apartment floor as they cry to her about her brother’s desire to have s and wear miniskirts. 

 

---

 

A/N: I...actually haven't read a shoujo manga in years, so...I really don't have any antics to make our musketeers carry out. . Kinda one of the reasons why the release of this chapter was so slow, I just... ; u ;  If any of you read shoujo manga, please recommend some titles! Short series or ongoing with only a few chapters will do, I just need something to get this fic going. Sorry for slow update and progress! ; A ; /bows

 

Manga mentions: Peach Girl & Akikan! (Akikan (Kakeru and Melon) is also an anime and I adore it so much but it's...rated. OTL)