Looking at you

Looking at you

It was one of those days you simply had to go out and enjoy the weather. Unfortunately it was also one of those days you couldn’t go outside without sweating endlessly and dying from the heat. So what better solution there was but to go swimming? You had invited Hyosang and Sehyuk to go to the pool nearby their dorm, but to your own disappointment found it closed due to reconstructions. So here you were, standing in your own bedroom as the boys waited in your garden; the four of you had decided to spend the day having water fights.

Still, all of this wasn’t as easy as expected. Going swimming with Hyosang was one thing; you could hide your body under the water whenever you felt insecure about it. But now you’d be out in the open all the time. And due to your feelings for him, this was something you needed a moment for. Was the bikini good enough? Looking at yourself in the mirror; you took a deep breath. It just had to do, right? I mean, according to your other friends you looked amazing in them, but somehow the thought of appearing like this in front of the boy you had a crush on, was something entirely different for your self-esteem. Nonetheless you finally managed to force yourself downstairs and into the garden.  “Woaah _____-ah, you look great! Hyosang-ah, doesn’t she look amazing?” Sehyuk openly commented, grinning as he approached you. He was always purposely teasing you, knowing all too well what you felt for Hyosang. And sure enough, Sehyuk’s comment indeed  made Hyosang approach you to take the garden hose you were carrying from your hands. “You indeed look great, ____-ah.” He smiled friendly, making your heart flutter. “You think so? I… I bought it the other day.” You chuckled, pushing Sehyuk away who was trying to ruffle your hair. “I figured it’s something special, yet also not too flashy either. Mom said if I go for that, too many guys would be staring at me this summer at the beach.” You reacted, mentally slapping yourself for bringing up such a comment from your mom. Why did you have to say something that focused on your looks too much? You were such an idiot. “They won’t be looking though.” Hyosang said in a cold tone that had your eyes widen. Not only because that was the coldest tone you ever heard coming from him, but also because his words cut through you like a knife would. Did that mean you were that horrible to look at?

“Excuse me?” you reacted, obviously hurt and bothered by his words, but not willing to let it go so easily. “I just.. I mean obviously they’d be looking. I mean, really. They would. But they shouldn’t .. I wouldn’t .. I mean...I” he started stammering out words in a way that was unusual for him. It seemed he realized that he had hurt you and it was only more painful when Sehyuk stepped in and laughed. “He just means they shouldn’t be looking at you like that, sweetie. They wouldn’t dare when we’re around to protect you.” He laughed, flinging his arm around you and succeeding at ruffling your hair. Trying to duck away from him, you missed how Hyosang shot the other a threatening glare.

---HIS P.O.V---

He hate this. He hated to stand in front of you and see you like that, but not being able to call you his. But most of all, he hated to see how Sehyuk, someone he considered a friend, seemed to have the exact kind of relationship with you he wanted to have. Or at least he was closer to it than he was. Because he was chickening out when it came to you. Ever since he met you his feelings had been growing. And although he usually always knew exactly what to say and do in any given situation, it seemed like with you, he found himself unable to even find the right words. Just like what happened with the comments just now. How could he possible turn all of this to his advantage? How could he find the courage to confess to you without messing up?

Luckily, it didn’t seem like you took his mess up from just now to heart. Soon you were laughing and running through your garden, throwing water balloons at Sehyuk and him. Your smile was wonderful but it bothered him to see Sehyuk was the reason of your happiness. How could he let that happen?

“Come here you!” he laughed, grabbing you by the arm and holding the garden hose above your head. You squealed and tried to yank your arm free; laughing and as you did so. He had been successful at catching attention right now and it made it all the more fun how Sehyuk was casually filling a water balloon and oblivious to what was happening. However, what he didn’t expect was for you to catch him off guard by pushing against his bare chest and sending shivers all down his spine. Within seconds you had taken the hose from him and now you were the one attacking. And so you proceeded running after each other.

----Your P.O.V.----

You wouldn’t let this get to you. You were going to enjoy this day regardless of how much Hyosang had hurt you. This felt like a direct confrontation with the actual facts: he didn’t like you. Why else would he so bluntly state he thought other guys wouldn’t be looking at you? And you were fairly sure it didn’t have to do with him trying to protect you from the other guys, like Sehyuk suggested. However, you wouldn’t care. Those were thoughts and sadness for later. Now you were trying to enjoy your afternoon.  Water was splashing around, balloons were flying through the air, your hair was sticking to your face all wet – this was the perfect activity for such a warm day! Whatever happened before was soon forgotten as you felt Hyosang grab you by the arm and cover you in water. Though you didn’t plan on giving up soon; fighting back and acquiring the hose while you ran away from him.

The ground was slippery under your feet, making it harder to run on some of the more muddy parts of your garden. But you wouldn’t stop and give the hose back to him that easily; you had to run until you covered enough distance between the two of you to spray back with the hose on a high force. And you had reached that point. Turning on your heels, you felt the ground give away under you. Wait, was the ground gone, or was it you that was flying …? Gravity was pulling you down as your feet flew up in the air and as you prepared for the blow; the only thing you remembered to do in the heat of the moment, was extending your arms backwards. You could’ve sworn you heard a cracking noise in between your, Hyosang and Sehyuk’s yells. Whether it was the garden hose nozzle or your arm; you weren’t sure since everything went black right after that horrible sound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Immense pain was setting every vein on fire in your body and making you slowly regain consciousness. You had no idea of how long you had been out, but judged by the fact you no longer felt the wet grass under your body, but a soft seat, you figured it had been a while. Not to mention the odd shaky feeling you had, as if you were… riding a car? Your eyes flew open at that realization; your eyes confirming what your head had already realized. You were in the back of Hyosang’s car; wearing Hyosang’s tanktop and with his jacket wrapped around your legs, covering your bikini. As you examined yourself, you found your arm packed into what looked like a towel and held in its place by a scarf that was tied behind your neck. With a shock you realized it must be broken, and you tried to move ever so slightly to confirm it. Pain washed over you again, making an involuntary groan come from your lips. “Oh! You’re awake!” Hyosang commented from behind the wheel, looking at you through his mirror. “Don’t move, okay? I’m taking you the E.R right now.” He told you, not that it would stop your curiosity. Carefully, you moved to try and pull up part of the towel to have a look. Another painful groan followed. “I told you, don’t move. It’s obviously broken and we covered it in ice to prevent even more swelling. It really wasn’t looking good, ____-ah.” He told you in that honest tone of him. “Oh god.” You uttered, feeling utterly ashamed at the situation you were in and the fact he just told you it looked really bad. The whole falling down like an idiot- part was already pretty stupid, but breaking your arm and having him bring you to the hospital like this was even worse. And while you relented a bit in self-pity, he was already riding up the parking lot for the E.R.

Opening your door, he reached out to pick you up. “Woohoo, no no. I can walk.” You commented instantly. It was bad enough already, no need to have him carry you. Besides, you were still too proud after that comment from earlier on. “You can’t walk around like that. My jacket might fall down from your waist. I tied it up there so it’ll be in place if I carried you, but I don’t think it’ll work if you walk. And everyone will stare at you then. I can’t let that happen.” He replied shortly,  giving you a firm look. There you had it, no way you’d let this pass now. “Oh? Now they will look? You seemed pretty convinced earlier that no one would even attempt to look at me, since I’m apparently such a horrible sight, aren’t now? Wow. We can even add a broken, bruised arm to the picture! Even better!” you snapped, intensely glaring at him and breathing heavily now that it all came out. “What? That’s not what I said! You’re twisting my words!” he shot right back at you, fueling your anger. “Oh excuse me if I made assumptions out of something that was already pretty damn obvious ‘I mean I uh I wouldn’t I ehhh. .” You tried to copy his voice and words from earlier, trying to sound as stupid as you could possibly manage. It had him scoff at you and groan loudly as he ran his hands through his hair.

“Goddamnit _____-ah! Don’t you get it!” he shot right back at you, but interrupting you instantly as you tried to talk again. “I’m in love with you ,okay?!”  he bursted out, and it was enough to almost have you miss the rest of his sentence. “And I can’t stand the thought of other guys looking at you! I said that because in my head I was telling myself that I would never let another guy look at you like that and think the same way about you as I did in that moment! I can hardly stand Sehyuk looking at you when you’re dressed like this, so please…” he said, taking a deep breath after his words. “Please just let me pick you up and carry you inside.” He ended his own confession and took advantage of your silence by picking you up, bridal style.

The silence ensued as he walked towards the entrance of the E.R. You were baffled by his words; confusion and happiness coursing through your veins in that moment and almost completely rendering you unable to speak. He loved you… He had feelings for you! He was jealous of your friendship with Sehyuk… Sehyuk…? “Where’s Sehyuk anyways?” you suddenly wondered, not realizing that the very question suddenly made Hyosang’s face darker and sadder. “That’s the first thing you ask me after I confessed to you? Wow, thanks.” He replied. You could easily see he was trying to act cool, but the hurt tone was slipping into his voice. “No, I mean yes.. But only because I’m wondering if he’s around here somewhere or if we’ll be alone for a little while longer…” you told him, the corner of your lips turning into a small smile as his look of frustration changed into one of confusion. “Uh..he stayed at your place to clean everything up and make sure your parents would be contacted and such…” he replied, you could see him trying to figure out where you were going with this. “Ahh I see.” You replied, a smirk full of mischief spreading across your face.

“Otherwise I wouldn’t really be able to do this.” You added on, gather all the courage you had in your heart to take the next step. Puckering your lips, you only had to move a little bit, because of how he was holding you before you were only inches away from his lips. “Let’s make sure no one ever looks at me like that again, shall we?” you said, before lightly kissing his soft lips. It took him a second or two to realize what was happening before he kissed you back. But once he did, you were sure you’d never want any other boy to ever look at you again anyway.