Chapter 39

Innocent & Purely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Stand still[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Close your eyes[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to-“

“It’s ok Dae Eun-ah.”

I went non-stop into apologising and that I’d do anything in return to honour her a favour, but Myung Hee would always decline. There was a mixed feeling inside me saying ‘yay’ I don’t have to do any favours, but at the same time, I felt bad for my wrong actions. Ever felt that way before?

“Myung Hee. Are you sure you’re okay? Your cheek seems to be reddening a bit.”

Jung kook, I repeat, Jung kook took concern. Should I feel good about this?

“Does it? Does it look weird?” Myung Hee questioned.

“No. You look fine.” Jung kook replied. I repeat, Jung kook replied. Oh gosh.

 

“Dae Eun-ah. You see what’s happening here?! She’s taking your man! What are you gonna do about it?!” Jung Ah softly whispered.

“Nothing. I mean, she’s hurt and Jung kook obviously is concerned about her… her face.”

“Yeah. But what about your beautiful face?”

“What about it?”

“It’s becoming hideous!”

“What?! Really?!”

I placed both palms of my hands onto both sides of my cheeks, hoping in some weird dimensional way that my face would get better. I turned my head stiffly to observe Jung kook and Myung Hee. There was a bit of giggling, eye contact, smiling and ugh… why does my stomach churn gloomily?

“Dae Eun-ah, Dae Eun-ah, Dae Eun-ah.” Jung Ah sang.

“You should take action now. And I mean now.” She continued.

“A…ac…action?”

“Of course!”

“Like… Hulk and Thor action?”

“Yeah. Sure. If you want to put it in that perspective.”

“How?”

“Switch it around?”

“What do you mean?”

“What if she punches you?”

“Then my face will become hideous.”

“That’s the whole point! That way, Jung kook can treat you the same way he is treating his very young teacher right now.”

“How do I get her to punch me?”

“What if… you guys went into the UFC sort of thing, but girl version?”

“I’m not into that stuff.”

“Ever heard of sarcasm Dae Eun-ah? I wasn’t being serious.”

“Oh.”

“You should kiss his face now though.”

“What if something else happens?”

“Like what?”

“Like… what if… I punch him in the face? What if I kick somebody? What if I murder somebody… to the death? Or even worse, starvation?!”

“Oh my gosh Dae Eun-ah. That last suggestion was just… horrible.”

“So… what do I do?”

“Just go up, sit next to him, link arms and just flirt a little, wink a little and just… kiss his face off.”

“I’m… not that ty-“

“Do not say you’re not that type of person! I know you don’t like the relationship that’s going on between them.”

She was right. I didn’t like the fact that Jung kook was taking care of Myung Hee. I mean, I just punched her in the face, and that was it. It’s not like she’s feeling nauseous, or… sick in anyway. Hesitantly, I stood up from my seat and sat next to Jung kook, but the reaction I was expecting… didn’t happen. He just continued to comfort Myung Hee. I scooted a little more to close the gap between Jung kook and me when suddenly his elbow accidentally came in contact with my cheek. Karma… should have known you were coming.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter