One

Just The Right Time

Being a student at a performing arts school (that is so popular in Korea) can lead to misfits. One, trying to be 'perfect', when, logically, no one is perfect. Two, health. It will always be a hassle when you're near to your debut or you're training in some kind of famous music industry. Three, the school screams FANGIRLS. Famous idols mostly came from this famous performing arts school (Korean School of Arts and Music) and the students that were left behind were just hardcore fans. The school was made for thm to practice their talents, not to fangirl.

 

But Jung Hana was nothing like that.

 

She grew up beside her guitar and became a big fan of music. She knew how to make music and to appreciate music, no matter what genre it is (Pop, R&B, Jazz, whatever, it's still music). Learning music was like a dream to her, but getting into Korean School of Arts and Music was already beyond her dream. She knew from that day, she made her parents, her little siblings and her whole family proud. Spending three years in that school wasn't exactly heaven for Hana. During her freshman year, none ever cared about these idols who debuted but now, it just felt disgusting.

 

She walked along the cherry blossom path on her way to school silently, holding the case of her guitar and her pink backpack slung on her shoulder. It was just another normal Monday in June. But with every day that Hana lives, she tries to make it extraordinary, even if it's just a little extraordinary. "Jung Hana!" her best friend, Kim Yoonji, called from the gates of the school. Hana waved and ran towards her. "What's up?"

 

"Girl, I have the greatest news in the whole wide world~!" Yoonji sang. She tilted her head and curiousity. What would be the great news that made up her best friend's day? "There are 12 trainees from SM Entertainment that will transfer in our school for education purposes! I bet they're handsome!"

 

Hana stopped herself from face-palming. Of course. Boys can only make up Yoojin's day. "Yoojinnie, can't you.. focus on your studies before you fangirl over some petty 12 trainees?" Hana asked, trying to be nice. Yoojin gawked at her. Well, you couldn't blame anyone for this. Jung Hana was born calm and she lived in a NBSB life. "Jung Hana, I love you, really. But please, for once can you have fun in your life?" 

 

Hana sighed. No, she couldn't. No matter how much she wanted to, she just can't. She doesn't have the ability to do so. "Yoojin, let's just go to class."

 


 

"Hyung, we already agreed to cancel the promotions. But go to school? That's ridiculous!" Kai frowned at their manager. All twelve members of the almost-debuting group were summoned into one practice room. They agreed to cancel their said debut, which is on December 3. But it eventually got shifted to the next year because they have to go to school.

 

Fun, right?

 

"Jongin-ah, do you think it's necessary to be this dumb when you debut? Didn't you see other idols from different companies? They're DUMB. They know nothing. They can't even get their multiplication right. How can Lee Sooman see such things from his idols?" the manager snapped. The twelve boys grew quiet. True, they were dumb and all. But the real problem is... girls. Yes, it's absurd how boys get scared of girls. The thing is, when Korean girls get to see an attractive guy, they would seduce them in any way they can.

 

"Fine." they chorused. The manager smiled victoriously at his son-like boys. They were about to leave but he stopped them. "Wait."

 

They all looked at him curiously. "School starts now, 7am. Don't be late. Your uniform is in your dorm, so are your things." The boys' jaws dropped open. "Ppalli." Then, the boys got pushed out of the room.