Final

Your Smile

Your Smile. 

They were happy. Always happy. The happiest couple around. 

But once that sixth year rolled around, Taemin became bored. The two were always busy. Having little time for themselves.  For each other. 

Most nights led to Taemin sitting around in the bar. Waiting for him. Waiting for his escape to walk through those double doors. And when he did, grin on his face, silver hair laid perfectly on his head, they shared a knowing conversation before leaving the bar in a rush to find a taxi.  

Minho was hurt. Who wouldn't be? Being cheated on for over a year was painful, but what made it all worse is the fact Taemin was ready to throw six years out the window. The elder begged and begged. Promising to forget it all and to just go back to the happy times. 

Taemin left his six year relationship and broken ex lover behind with a shattered heart and a slap across the face he knew Minho didn't deserve. 

When Taemin got the news, his whole world stopped. Two years had passed. Two short years for him. His life was moving fast and going just the way he wanted it to go. Choi Minho long forgotten. 

Until he got the call. 

Reaching the room out of breath, Taemin sank to his knee's at his ex's bed. Head bowed as tears rushed his face. 

"M-Minho... I'm so sorry. I-I had no idea." 

The elder, smiling with a too bright smile for his situation grabbed Taemin's hand, squeezing it as hard and reassuring as he could.  

"Don't cry, punk. You're making me feel ugly." He tried to tease. "No one knew." 

Not thinking, Taemin climbed into the bed next to his hyung, one hand Minho's hospital gown as the other squeezed his hand. "I would have been here for you, Minho." He sobbed. "Every step of the way. Why... Why did you wait so long to tell me?" 

"You're a hot shot now, Taeminnie. An idol. I couldn't get in the way of your busy schedule so I waited until it slowed down and you were back in Korea." 

"I'm s-so sorry, Minho." Taemin cried and cried. He felt ashamed of himself. He should have never left Minho alone. To battle with cancer alone? The younger couldn't imagine as he ran gentle fingers along Minho's head. 

Minho only smiled. No longer embarrassed of his looks because the younger had the power to make him still feel like himself. Even though he looked nothing like it. 

"You're still so handsome." Taemin whispered, as if reading the others mind. "Always so handsome." 

Minho smiled, tightening his free arm around Taemin. "I'm so sorry you have to see me like this." He whispered. 

"Don't." Taemin said, covering Minho's mouth. "Don't start this again." 

Minho was about to say something, but was cut off yet again by the younger's phone buzzing loudly with an incoming call. Minho felt his heart break at the ID that was shown when Taemin pulled his phone out to ignore the call yet again. 

Kim Jonghyun. 

Minho wanted to hate him. He really did. But he seemed to make Taemin so happy. Happier than he could have ever made the younger. He couldn't find it in his heart to hate the only person who brought back Taemin's true smile. He just couldn't. 

"Go to him." He whispered, pulling his arm out from under Taemin. "He must be worried sick about you." 

"I don't care." Taemin mumbled, squeezing Minho's fingers again. 

Minho laughed, kissing the younger boys forehead. "Go, Taemin. You've already been here for hours and my medicine is starting to kick in anyways." 

Taemin looked up at Minho, studying the elder. "Are you... Are you sure, Minho?" 

Smiling, Minho kissed the top of his head one more time before Taemin got up. 

"I promise to visit you everyday, Minho. I'll come everyday and spend hours with you. You won't have to fight this by yourself anymore. I promise." 

"Taemin." Minho called out before the boy exited the room. "Never, ever quit smiling. Your smile is my top favorite thing about you. It truly shows your beauty. Please, for me. No matter what happens. Never stop smiling." 

That promise ran through Minho's mind even after the boy left. He lay in his bed, eyes staring up at the ceiling as the fat tears made their way down the sides of his face and onto his pillow. 

"Mr. Choi. Are you sure you want to do this? We haven't done all the test. Theirs still hope." 

With a light smile and a heart finally relieved as he relived all his happy memories, tears running faster down his face, Choi Minho only had a few words to say as he closed his eyes. 

"Pull the plug." 


A/N: I.... I really don't know. It's 4:00 AM and this just came to me. You all know I'm a flamer. I love me some Minho , but I don't even know. I just... Yolo.