What's missing

What's missing

 

 

The sunlight invading the room bothered his eyes until he opened them and sighed when he realized that he must go to work soon. He looked at the clock, and decided that he can still lazy around in bed for 10 more minutes. 

 

He turned around and saw his lover sleeping peacefully near him, his skin looking soft against the white sheets, and then lowered his gaze at the white ball of fur sleeping on the sheets between them. 

 

Youngwoon closed his eyes, feeling thankful for the extra minutes he gave himself in bed.

 

 

 

=**=

 

 

 

 

 

"This house needs something and I don't know exactly what..." 

 

Hearing the words coming from the other room, Youngwoon got up from the floor where he was unpacking some of his favorite books and looked around. The new house they've just moved into was big enough, with a nice backyard, not big, not small, but perfect to invite their friends for a BBQ or just relax in summer days. Youngwoon was even thinking of planting some flowers to give more color to it. The rooms were all big and spacious, enough for the two of them. Looking around, Youngwoon thought about the words he heard. 

 

"Curtains" he said as the sunlight from the sunset was invading the room and his eyes. 

 

"We are buying them tomorrow, but I'm not talking about that," came the answer shortly after. 

 

Youngwoon's hand scratched his head, looking confused before heading to the room from where the voice was coming. "Look Jongwoon, we just moved here, you said you liked it!" 

 

Jongwoon was setting the plates and bowls in the kitchen cupboards, his back at Youngwoon. "I do like it, but I don't know, something is missing..." 

 

Youngwoon leaned by the wall next to the door and looked around, "well, the furniture," 

 

"We will buy it soon," 

 

"I know a good place for that" Youngwoon's voice came closer to Jongwoon and soon the latter felt strong hands around his waist and his lover's head on his shoulder. "Don't think about it now, you're upsetting me when you say something is missing, we just spent most of our money on this house, we can't even go on holiday somewhere this year," 

 

"I don't care, we can stay here and enjoy our house and invite our friends as well," Jongwoon leaned in the embrace and tilted his head so that he can capture his lover's lips. 

 

The kiss ended shortly as a phone started ringing and Youngwoon got his hand in Jongwoon's back pocket to give his lover his phone. 

 

"Oh, it's your mum. Tell her I like the vase she kept insisting to take, tell her the colors fit the living room" Youngwoon said chuckling as he handed the ringing mobile. 

 

"You broke it when you threw the box  where it was on the floor" Jongwoon said glaring at Youngwoon. 

 

"She doesn't have to know that" came the reply with a wink. 

 

 

 

=**=

 

 

 

"You know, I am still thinking over what is missing." Jongwoon said as he exited the bathroom in just a towel. 

 

Youngwoon was sitting on the bed in their new bedroom and was looking with hungry eyes at the delicious skin in front of him. He grabbed Jongwoon's hand and pushed him towards himself, so that his lover was in front of him. "Let's not think about this" Youngwoon said as he kissed Jongwoon's wet skin just above the towel that was resting on his hips. 

 

Jongwoon moaned when his lover slowly took off his towel and made it fall to the ground. "It's too silent," 

 

"We will buy a tv soon," Youngwoon said sounding a bit frustrated at the other. 

 

Jongwoon slowly pushed his lover on the bed and got on top of him, his tights straddling the other. He bent over and attached his lips to Youngwoon's. Youngwoon didn't just stay there doing nothing, his hands grabbing at the other's , the kiss deepening and becoming hotter. 

 

Just as Jongwoon started to slowly move his hips, creating some friction, he placed his hands on Youngwoon's chest and broke the kiss. 

 

"We should buy a puppy!" He exclaimed suddenly getting up from the bed and searching for his laptop. 

 

"What? No! Come on!" Youngwoon groaned in frustration as he was left with all the tension in himself. 

 

Jongwoon ignored his lover and happily searched for what type of dog to buy. He didn't even care of the fact that the other was standing in the middle of their bed, pouting and whining about being left alone. 

 

"I'm not accepting any dog in our house!" Youngwoon declared after minutes of being ignored and got under the covers and went to sleep. 

 

 

 

=**=

 

 

"Isn't she adorable?" Jongwoon said as they entered their house from their trip to the pet store the next day. 

 

Youngwoon threw the car keys and took out a bottle of cold beer from the fridge and heading to his laptop, ignoring all the noises from Jongwoon and the puppy. He didn't agree to it, he was dragged there and without even noticing, Jongwoon was suddenly near him with a puppy in his arms saying he had bought it. It's all that parrot's fault that caught Youngwoon's attention and although it was written the parrot talks, it didn’t even say a word to Youngwoon. 

 

 

Few hours later, Jongwoon came in the study with his puppy. "What should we give her to eat? We need to buy more food," 

 

"I'm not giving you any money for her, nor food, no nothing." Youngwoon said without looking at his lover and the little ball of white fur in his arms. 

 

 

 

=**=

 

 

 

It was night already when Youngwoon finished his work on his laptop. He stretched his muscles a bit, before getting up and heading to the living room. 

 

 

He was welcomed in the large room by the giggling of his lover and the small noises from the puppy. He stopped before he could go further and just observed the two sitting on the floor, adoring the smile on his lover's lips. He hadn't seen Jongwoon this happy for a while. It's not that his lover wasn't happy with him, but all the problems regarding his work, the moving into the new house, the money and how they'll live off from then on, and also their parents reaction to their relationship just made Jongwoon a bit upset on the inside, and Youngwoon realized that. He was in the same state as the other, just that he was showing his feelings compared to Jongwoon who was rather the type to hide them. 

 

Seeing the happiness in Jongwoon when playing with the small puppy, he realized that he shouldn't hate the small creature. He backed away in silence and left the two to play. 

 

 

 

 

=**=

 

 

 

 

Youngwoon smiled at the memory, just as his lover slowly opened his eyes, still sleepy. 

 

"Good morning" said Youngwoon in a low voice, his hand slowly brushing the dark bangs from his lover's forehead to see his sleepy eyes. 

 

"Good morning," came the reply as Jongwoon hid his face in the white pillow. 

 

"Come on, wake up sleepyhead, we must go to work s-" Youngwoon said smiling but was interrupted by a loud bark. He didn’t even have time to turn his head at the puppy that was supposedly sleeping between them, as he only saw white fur in front of his eyes and felt the dog his cheek in joy. All the soft fur in his face made him sneeze, scaring the puppy. 

 

It was silence for a moment, as Youngwoon turned his head, and saw the puppy in Jongwoon's arms looking confused at him, before running again at him to show more love to Youngwoon. 

 

Jongwoon got up, supporting his weight on his elbows, slowly pushing the puppy in a playful way off Youngwoon. "Hey Melo, I think I need to get some kisses from my lover too you know, I thought we share him!" Jongwoon said before kissing Youngwoon on the lips. 

 

Youngwoon closed his eyes, enjoying the contact, before he felt the puppy slowly making his way between the two of them, in need for attention. 

 

"I love you," whispered Youngwoon once they broke the kiss. 

 

"I love you too," came the reply from his lover and soon a bark from the puppy. 

 

"I love you too Melo," Youngwoon said looking at the puppy and then back at his lover who was laughing. "...but I must recognize this sleepy man won my heart first," he continued before pulling Jongwoon for another kiss. 

 

That's when Youngwoon decided that he will love anything that makes Jongwoon happy, but he can never have a greater love than the one for Jongwoon.