O1

Save Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

In Southern China, there was a couple. They were both from Canada and spoke Chinese as it was their mother tongue. They were always supportive of each other yet they both had opposing personalities. Cheng Hua was her name, she was open-minded and she always had an opinion on whatever Wufan did. Whether it was positive or negative, she would return with negative and make it sound as if it was positive. That was a trait Wufan fell in love with because he always got a kick out of her quotes. 

They both had jobs that gave them high-paying salaries. They were graphic designers for a huge company and that was originally how they met and moved in with each other. The fate upon them was uncanny as the company presented them with one apartment. It was a big apartment for people who were wealthy in the town they lived in. They lived on the second floor, just enough to probably kill yourself if you decided to. 

That morning, Cheng Hua was cooking a simple western breakfast since they'd always been having rice and soup. She could hear the sound of the shower going off and the sound of Wufan's razor coming alive. She smiled because these sounds were so natural and she was so used to them. Minutes after cooking, Wufan was seated at the table in his pajamas with his eyes half open. Cheng Hua chuckled and ruffled the giants hair as she set down each plate in front of him. He looked up with a pout playing upon his lips and that made her giggle at his child-like nature. 

"Good morning, giant." 

"Good morning, hobbit." 

That was the end of their exchanged words as they chowed down on the delicious food Cheng Hua made. Wufan played around with his food for a bit until silently slipping a huge spoonful into his mouth. Secretly, Cheng Hua stole glances because Wufan wasn't his usual self. She moved away his bangs and lightly pressed her hand against his forehead. 

There was no trail of fever. Maybe he's just tired...

"Are you ok?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing in worry. 

Wufan cleared his throat and sat up while setting down his spoon onto the plate. "I'm fine," he smiled with his eyes close. "Don't worry, babe." he said as he stood up to put away his empty plate. 

Cheng Hua watched him with her spoon hanging out of . She quickly finished her food so she could watch him while reading a new novel that came out recently. With the sound of dishes clanking around, she hurriedly grabbed her book from their room and jumped onto the couch which was about two feet away from the computer Wufan was sitting at. He was working on a complex design while emailing his friends from Korea. Cheng Hua would be lying if she didn't find him attractive for being able to speak Korean and many other languages. She was glad to be able to call him her man. 

An hour passed and Wufan had his head laying on top of the desk. His soft snores made Cheng Hua jerk her head away from her novel to his fluffy head of hair. She silently placed her book on the couch and made her way towards Wufan who had an email opened up on his desktop. She read through a bit of it and found out that Wufan was sending in a resignation to this group he'd been with since early 2012. Cheng Hua couldn't believe her eyes. Why would he quit? Those are his friends...

"Yah, big guy," Wufan silently woke up from her calling. "Let's get you to bed." 

Wufan's head went up as he noticed what his desktop was set on. The resignation was for Cheng Hua not to see and he hoped that she hadn't read it. 

"I read it already so, let's just go back to bed and let you take a little nap." she softly said, holding him by the hand and dragging him towards their room. 

"I-I'm sorry." he whispered with his head hung low. 

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Wufan." 

"B-But," Wufan pulled his hand away and stood in the middle of the hallway, making Cheng Hua stop and turn to him. 

His eyes were red as if he was crying unnoticeably. It was a surprise to Cheng Hua as she stepped forward and cupped his face between her small hands. She looked into his eyes as Wufan started pouring tears. Cheng Hua's expression saddened and Wufan's expression did even more. 

"Why are you crying?" she whispered, her hands going back to her sides. 

"They're my friends. I feel like I've betrayed them or s-some--" Wufan choked up and broke into sobs. 

"Come here, big guy. We can talk about it in bed." she smiled lightly and grabbed his hand once again. 

Cheng Hua uncovered the blanket that was neatly on the bed as Wufan slid underneath as she went to the other side. Sh

Please log in to read the full chapter