It doesn't need to end quietly after all

This Won’t End Quietly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung are you busy?”

Taemin had answered no to that question out of his good heart, because he doesn’t want Kim Jongin to think he doesn’t value their friendship.

His good heart always gets him in trouble.

“Why isn’t there any Peppero on your supplies?”

Jongin has been raiding Shinee’s snack cabinet since he arrived, opening the drawers and fridge like he owns the house. Taemin doesn’t know how he’ll explain this mess to Kibum-hyung later.

“Because we’re not some overgrown babies who bust on another group’s dorm during their long awaited and precious break after bunch of promotions.” Taemin answers, closing the cabinets Jongin has left open. He glares at him. “Why are you here anyway? You have your own dorm, your own supplies of food, and your own hyungs to bother!”

“You just want to get rid of me because you want to watch .” Jongin says, stopping on the drawer where biscuits are stocked. “Oreo? Really, hyung? Are you a twelve-year old kid?”

Taemin snatches the snack and points a mean finger at Jongin. “Yes, I’m going to watch so if you’ll be so kind to provide me some privacy—”

“But I’m not kind,” Jongin smirks, taking the Oreo away from Taemin’s grasp. He takes out a carton of milk from the fridge and pours it on a glass. Taemin watches him with mild interest and more of annoyance. “Let me accompany you while your hyungs are gone, hyung.”

“You have your own hyungs! Go bother Kyungsoo or Sehun—” Taemin stops mid-rant. He blinks at the younger boy’s impassive face. “Wait, where is Sehun?”

Jongin opens his mouth to speak but is cut off by the obnoxiously loud sound of his ringtone. He looks at the caller ID and partially blushes. “Oh Sehun is on the line,” he says, walking towards the Shinee’s living room. Taemin follows, not liking what the younger male is planning. Jongin fires the TV on and puts a finger on his mouth to signal him to keep quiet.

“Where are you?????” is the first thing that comes from Sehun’s mouth. He never had the audacity to say hellos.

“Um, where are you?” Jongin says, tentatively testing the waters. He hears static over the line, as if the phone is being held between his ear and his shoulder. Jongin waits patiently for Sehun to be done with whatever the hell he is doing. The static stops and there are no tapping sounds anymore.

“I’m with Luhan-ge.” Sehun’s voice comes louder and clearer this time. Jongin feels his blood boil but he doesn’t say anything, just hums.

“And what about you? Where are you?” Sehun continues, dissatisfied with Jongin’s silence. Jongin walks over the DVD player to insert a disc. The salacious sounds fill the whole dorm. Taemin shoots him a panicked look.

“Jongin are you—? Is that—” Sehun stammers and gasps at once. Jongin grins and comes closer to the television’s speaker.

“I’m with Taemin­-hyung,” he announces, voice smug. Taemin tries to snatch the remote from his hand but Jongin is quick to dodge. He gestures for Taemin to keep quiet.

He imagines Sehun’s eyes bulging out of its socket now. “Are you watching ?” Sehun finally breaths, voice raspy and strangled.

Jongin’s grin just widens. “Yes,”

“With Taemin-hyung?”

Jongin’s bad mood is replaced by an excited and delighted one.

“I’m helping him—do you want to hear?” Jongin feels like flying in glee now. He can practically feel Sehun’s hot cheeks through the phone.

Sehun mutters a few string of curses before saying, “Yeah okay—umm, ah, enjoy bye!”

The line goes dead. He presses the off button on the remote. There is a -eating grin plastered on his face. Taemin snatches the remote away and opens the CD-ROM. “What is that about?” He demands.

“He’s with Luhan so it’s only fair that I’m with you,” Jongin says with a smirk. Taemin studies his face for a few seconds before it turns into the same -eating grin Jongin’s face has. “Little Jonginie is jealous~”

Jongin throws the remote on his direction. He misses by half a centimetre. “No I’m not!”

Taemin laughs like he wants to throw his breakfast up. “Out of my good heart—” he wheezes. “I am telling you the obvious because your are that stupid not to notice how much of a you are for Sehun you even—”

“I am telling Kibum-hyung you have a ready to be played in the living room—”

“You won’t—”

Before Taemin can finish any threat he’s about to say, Jongin has already snapped a picture with his iPhone of the disc placed on top of the DVD player.

Jongin grins in triumph. “What were you saying again hyung?”

Lee Taemin’s life—his good heart never gets him to heaven.

-

“Me!”

“Me!”

“No!”

“Move!”

“No, you move!”

Sehun and Jongin have been arguing on who will seat beside the window of the van. They glare at each other that Chanyeol can already imagine current coming out of their eyes.

Joonmyeon sighs. “Kids—”

“We’re not kids!” they say and look at the leader at the same time. Then they look back at each other and proceed with their glaring contest.

Jongin catches the small figure of a man out of the corner of his eye. He breaks eye contact with Sehun and flings himself at Kyungsoo. “Hyung!”

Kyungsoo’s big saucers stare at him. “What?”

“Can I sit beside the window with you hyungggggg~ You know I get dizzy—”

Sehun smacks Jongin with the cap he just stole from Chanyeol’s head. “I hope you really do get dizzy!”

Kyungsoo heaves an exasperated sigh. “Come on, Jongin. Of course you can.”

Jongin wraps an arm around the older male’s shoulders and whispers something on his ear, his eyes trained on Sehun. Kyungsoo bursts out laughing.

“Yah!” Sehun hits Jongin’s arm this time. “What was that?” he demands.

Jongin gives Kyungsoo a conspiratorial look as the older male breaks out into another grin. He answers for Jongin, “Nothing you would be happy to know, Sehunnie.”

Jongin bursts out into a fit of laughter as he drags an equally hysterical Kyungsoo beside him.

Sehun is more concerned about the fact that Kyungsoo and Jongin look all lovey-dovey now than the fact that Jongin might just have shared a top-secret embarrassing moment of his with another person.

(He proceeds on kicking Jongin’s seat while the latter giggles and laugh with Kyungsoo in front of his seat.)

-

Sehun leans his head on the door. He hears the sound of water hitting the floor and the off-key tune of Lady Gaga’s G.U.Y.  He curls his body on the floor and presses his ear closer, closer, just a little closer—

“The hell are you doing, Sehun?!”

Sehun lands face-first on the floor, his right cheek meeting the wet tiles of the bathroom.  Jongin hovers over him half-, a small towel wrapped around his torso. He glares at Sehun.

“Are you peeping on me?”

Sehun gets up from the slump he had been (literally). “Hell no!” he stares at the expanse of Jongin’s dark skin, hard chest, muscular arms and blushes.

He remembers the sound of flesh hitting flesh, of whines and moans when he called Jongin.

And he’s with Taemin, he thinks bitterly.

Inappropriate images pop up in Sehun’s mind—Jongin bent in the counter as Taemin’s strong fingers work him open. Jongin , whining, begging for Taemin to just enter him already—

“You’re drooling,” Jongin comments, arms crossed over his chest.

Jongin looks like a god towering over Sehun’s awed figure, as if the younger male is his loyal minion, worshipping him. He has seen Jongin a lot of times already okay, but the effect he has on him every time he does doesn’t subside. Sehun can’t still feel his face and can’t move his eyes.

Thankfully (or not?) for him, Baekhyun shouts from behind. “What are you two doing? We’ll be late for recording!”

Sehun pushes past a flabbergasted Jongin and snatches the towel around his torso. The older male screams, “Hey!”

He slams the door in front of his face.

Nobody’s gonna know that he is spying on Jongin during his showers, determined to know if he is (of course he is), what the sound of his hand on his is like, and most importantly, what name he is through his .

No one should find out about that.

-

“So Sehun, who is your favourite hyung?”

The crowd screams and yells and shrieks different names of the members. He glances at Jongin and finds him poking Kyungsoo’s cheek, not paying attention. He tries not to scowl.

“Lu Han!” he answers, a little louder than necessary. The fangirls break out into a sea of cheers and squeals. The host smiles as well. “But we already know that Luhan-sshi favours you the most. How about other members?”

He throws a surreptitious glance at Jongin’s direction again and finds him slapping Chanyeol’s arm. He gives the crowd a fake smile. “I love Taozi.”

The crowd erupts into an ocean of giggles once more.

Again, he peeks on Jongin’s reaction and sees him wink at a fangirl in front of him, totally not paying attention.

Sehun wants to throw his microphone on his head.

 -

Sehun is on a fight of keeping his eyes open or just letting sleep claim him completely when he hears Jongin’s voice reverberating throughout the whole dorm. He drags his body out of bed to see Jongin in a hurry, hair stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter